faith =health

it doesn,t bother i,just thinking God tells you you will live long but wish for his kingdom.live short,live long the same outcome is the kingdom of heaven.whirl wind,thats a funny name 0 prince of the air.

Smelly...my name is funny?

Okay, I admit it, he he he...

You ever think about that old saying that only the good die young? I've known many "good" people who die young. Charity givers, well-wishers, believers, etc. I used to tell my ex-wife that she was such a good person. She'd tell me: "Don't say that!"

Her belief was that good people die young.

Then again, I've known old people who are good, too. Then there's the cranky, rude sinners who live to a good old ripe age! :)

One elder (who's gone now) once told me: "When I go, don't worry about me. You just be good! I'll either be looking down on you, or I'll be looking up at you. The Lord will judge which one it is.":eek:

then faith is lost,because we are told we will live long in Jesus.so without faith you are not saved.

Prince of the Power of the Air ---negative power is the operative: and the Prince is that evil power.

Whirlwind, is a whirlwind of Praise and Truth, no????:)

Not the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whirl God tells you you will grow old hating life because it,s corrupt.don,t listen to people the good die young etc.

Yet Stephen was martyred fro Christ young and God was both pleased and glorified. Some things are more of a generalazation than others. Many martyrs for Christ were no more than children called home early to receive a greater reward.
2Ki 13:21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

Here we see one of the greatest men of faith had died of disease yet his very bones still contained enough power to raise the dead. It is quite evident that God called him home.

Yet he was God's man, the man with the double portion anionting and the Lord used him to turn an entire nation back to God- how could one judge and say somthing like he must have been in bondage?

And Stephen - God's man so full of the Holy Ghost he prayed for his persecuters while they murdered him- how can one say he was in bondage? That just doesn't fit.

Scripture declares that many were murdered for Christ and takem home because the world was not wothy of them- that odesn't sound like bondage to me but they were indeed greatly honored in God's Kingdom.

In New Testament life, length of natural life or physical circumstances and condition are poor barometers of one's faith. All of the men who wrote the New Testament and spoke of matters of faith died a martyr's death except for John, who was exiled. They also suffered deprivation and affliction and persecution. Sometimes God intervened in circumstances, healing, freeing from prison, protecting from harm. Other times He allowed His servants to suffer. It is risky to speculate on one's spiritual condition based on their physical and material condition. Often one's spiritual condition is developed/proven/strengthened through adversity.
On a related note, why did God "pick on" Job? Was his supposed pride so much greater than that of his three friends (or any other man) that it was necessary to give him the big beat down? Or was it that Job was the best person through whom to demonstrate His own nature and that of our relationship to Him? I think too often we find ourselves in the role of Job's comforters when dealing with people having difficulties in their lives.

so what do you think?jesus tells us satan binds people,so we know evil can effect us.where they saved when bound,no.sptephen was saved there is a difference.

any opinions.?

This is a common misconception amongst mostly younger believers in Christ. The Apostle Paul was used by God to pen 2/3rd's of the New Testament and did more to spread the Gospel that any living man yet he suffered a physical affliction or thorn in the flesh. When asking for it to be removed he was told "My grace is sufficent for you". He was allowed to suffer to keep himself humble and dependant on Christ. A burden at first Paul later learned to embrace the situation and grow from the experience.

we are in a world of hurt,we live in a world which is not natural to us,bent and twisted aggainst us.satan rules the world.Jesus rules the saved.:)

II Cor. 11:23-33 for an enumeration of Paul's afflictions for the sake of the Gospel.

II Cor. 12:10 "Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

II Cor. 4:7-18 for a description of victorious living.

Bo, your mention of Paul and his thorn reminded me of some of my favorite sections of Scripture. These verses never fail to bless and inspire me.

II Cor. 11:23-33 for an enumeration of Paul's afflictions for the sake of the Gospel.

II Cor. 12:10 "Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

II Cor. 4:7-18 for a description of victorious living.

Bo, your mention of Paul and his thorn reminded me of some of my favorite sections of Scripture. These verses never fail to bless and inspire me.

Mine too Rumely! Here is another:

Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Php 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

i am asking a question are people tied up from satan from birth.or throughout there lives if they are not saved.

Back