Faith or Unbelief

Faith or Unbelief

When Moses disobeyed the Lord and struck the rock, God charged him with unbelief. Num 20:12. When the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord, they were not able to enter The Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.

Disobedience = Unbelief
Obedience = Faith

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

"By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

"Even so, faith if it hath not works is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Was not Abraham our father JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and BY WORKS was faith made perfect?

And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God...For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2.

God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, and Abraham was ready to be obedient to the voice of God. Obedience to the Word of God is true faith.

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Rom 3:31.

Elohiym said, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." Ex 20:8.

Jesus said, "AND THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE
; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mk 16:17,18.

God is calling His sheep back to His Word and away from the traditions of the denominational system, which He calls, "The Mother of harlots." Rev 17. She has traded much of the Word of God for her traditions.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins ("the transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4) and that ye receive not of HER PLAGUES. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (lawlessness) Rev 18:4,5.

Jesus said, "MY sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." John 10:27.

How do we "Come out?" By doing as the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

Let us embrace His Word, alone - Jesus is The Word of God. John 1:1. When we embrace His every Word, we embrace Him.

"And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:13.

AMEN but let us never forget that it is not our works that justify us in the eyes of God. That is the blood of Christ.

We are justified by faith but we then demonstrate that faith thouugh our works.

Sadly so many religions get it back to front and try to work their way into the blessings of God.

A faith that does not result in a changed life and therefore in works is not real but equally works without recognition that we need the forgiveness of Christ are pointless.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Points 5 & 6 of the forum statement of faith express it so well. (I have highlighted the relevant points below). As we all agreed to this statement when we joined I feel certain nobody will disagree now.

:cross: Statement of Faith

1) The Holy Scriptures, in it's original form, is the inerrant Word of God.

2) There is only one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

3) We are separated from God due to sin.

4) God's Son, Jesus Christ, was born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for our sins, and rose again on the third day.

5) We can only be saved by repenting of sin, and accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior by faith as stated in John 3:16. (The faith mentioned here will produce actions)

6)This salvation is provided by the grace of God. We cannot be saved through our own efforts, our works
or by the intervention of man on our behalf.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put My Spirit within you and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27.

When His Spirit is within us, He empowers us to obey His Word - His law. It is not by our might or power, but, by His Spirit being released through us. The Holy Spirit will never lead us into sin, or, "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used, interchangeably, with "law," "statutes," "precepts," "judgments," "testimonies," "commandments."

His Word = His law.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Ga 2:20.

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Rom 6:1.

Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15

Jesus said, "He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him." John 14:21.

"By this we know that we love the children of God (Greatest Commandment #2), when we love God (#1) and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5:2,3.

"And this is love, that we walk after His commandments." 2 John 6.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions ("of the law" 1 John 3:4) from us...To such as keep His Covenant and to those that remember His commandments to do them." Ps 103.

Covenants have conditions.

The Apostle John wrote, "Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

I look at it a little more like this:
Unbelief=Disobedience
Faith=Obedience
Works are bron of faith, without faith no works can please God.

I look at it a little more like this:
Unbelief=Disobedience
Faith=Obedience
Works are bron of faith, without faith no works can please God.

Can't get it any more simple than that .:cool::cool:

toolfaith6.gif

Trust is faith which leads to the works which is the Will of God.
By hope we obtain faith which leads to love, then we live by Love faith hope.

God bless

And hearing the word and doing the word is trusting in the word which is Faith in the will of God.

God bless

Cool you all. :cool::cool:

So faith in the word produces doers, and doers of the word have love , patience , kindness, longsuffering , and a free will to worship in spirit and in truth.

Knowing the truth...... Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life.

JesusJohn.jpg

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Rom 10:17
Amen- our faith can be built two ways and that is one of them. But faith is a gift from God and like all gifts it must be received gracefully.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Jud 1:20 But you, beloved, building up yourselves in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

Doing the Word comes from abiding in the Vine. The Holy Spirit working in our spirit produces the fruit of the Spirit. The life of God flows through the branch causing growth, flowering and bearing of fruit to the Father's glory.:)

"Abraham...being fully persuaded that, what He had promised, He was able also to perform." Rom 4:21. "Know ye therefore, that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham." Ga 3:7.

Doing the Word comes from abiding in the Vine. The Holy Spirit working in our spirit produces the fruit of the Spirit. The life of God flows through the branch causing growth, flowering and bearing of fruit to the Father's glory.:)

Amen my Son.

john15_5.jpg

Truth is that which is consistent with the mind , will , character , glory, and being of God .

Truth is the self- expression of God

Truth is what God decrees.

...... God chose to give birth through the word of truth the we might be a kind of first fruits of all He created ( James 1: 18 ). The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life ( John 6 : 63 )
John 17:17

17.......Sanctify[a] them by the truth; your word is truth.

Footnotes:
  1. John 17:17 Greek hagiazo (set apart for sacred use or make holy also in verse 19

All things that please God are born of faith

Heb 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained approval.
Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaks.
Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved by fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should later receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing where he went.
Heb 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Heb 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Heb 11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the seashore innumerable.
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from which they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly: therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he has prepared for them a city.
Heb 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son.
Heb 11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall your descendants be called:
Heb 11:19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from which also he received him in a figure.
Heb 11:20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
Heb 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshiped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
Heb 11:22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
Heb 11:23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
Heb 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
Heb 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a time;
Heb 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of the Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he looked for the recompense of the reward.
Heb 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
Heb 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Heb 11:29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as on dry land: which the Egyptians attempting to do were drowned.
Heb 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were encircled seven days.
Heb 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Heb 11:32 And what shall I say more? for the time would fail me to tell of Gideon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthah; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in war, turned to flight the armies of foreigners.
Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Sadly Abraham tried to fulfill the works of God through the arm of the flesh and thus was born Ishmael. The works of the flesh are in direct opposition to the works of the Spirit and Ishmael persecutes the childtren of the promise to this day.
But when it is beyond us to do the work of God and we must totally depned on Him He gets all the glory. That is why God waited until Abraham and Sara were no longer capable of performing this work to move. Now there was no doubt that the Lord Himself was moving in and through this situation and the fruit of the promise was born.

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he has sent.

And just to confirm .... This morning my Pastor spoke on that very topic. Wow talk about timely.

John

15 : 1: 8.... " Staying connected to the Vine."

The Vine and the Branches

1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Footnotes:
  1. John 15:2 The Greek for prunes also means cleans.
There are also false vines that people follow such as other connections ... the world... religions that do not teach the truth but Jesus said " I am the true vine " We need to be connected to the true vine. We must remain in Him and He in us because if we disconnect he tells us that our branches will not nourish and will wither and dry up and then will be cut off and thrown into the fire.

How do we stay connected ? By remaining in His word daily , by praying and worshiping and talking to Him just as we would talk to our friend because He is our friend. He wants to be our best friend . Maintain a close relationship with Him.

By loving Him we also can love others.

If the branches have disease it is because :

We need to remove sin , busyiness , laziness and keep our lives clean. This way we will bear fruit, more fruit, much fruit. Stay connected to have life.

In vs 7....If you remain in me( Jesus ) we can ask anything in His name and it will be given.... OUr prayers will be answered because we have a close relationship with Jesus Christ ...The true vine. And we have the assurance of eternal life . Praise God.

Back