Faith

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Faith

Good Day, Friends; Faith is our acceptance of those things which God has told us in Scripture about His Kingdom, His Son, our earthly lives and what He expects from us as His children. Our faith must remain strong because as time passes, the forces of Satan's evil are presented to us in ever increasing amounts. Just as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had faith that they would survive the fires of the furnace in the court of Nebuchadnezzar when they refused to worship a man made idol, so should we believe that God will help us to ward off Satan and his disciples. Our faith is how we know that God is there for us and our faith is what we rely on to stay on the Path that God has set in front of us. God bless you.

Intensity of our faith in God

In our battle with the enemy, we sometimes lose sight of the God's promise of victory. The intensity of our faith is significant in that our blessings depend on how much faith we have in God. Jesus healed two blind men according to their faith (Mathew 9:28-29).

I've heard of christians of great faith and their stories are just amazing. George Muller (Refer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Müller , http://www.ccel.org/ccel/murray/prayer.XXXII.html) was known to be a man of prayer and faith and so was my grandpa. :)

reponse to faith

How do we know that the Bible is true? You said in your post that faith is truisting that what God has told us in the bible is true, but how do we know that the Bible is really a message from God?

Prophecy. The Old Testament was written before Jesus was ever born. The New Testament was written by the men who knew Jesus, who walked with Him, ate with Him, and learned from Him. In the Old Testament there are prophecies concerning His birthplace (Micah 5:1-2), that He would be born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), that He would be rejected by His own people (Isaiah 53:3), that He would be betrayed by a close friend (Isaiah 41:9), that He would die by having His hands and feet pierced (Psalm 22:16-18), and that He would rise from the dead (Psalm 16:10, 49:15). In the New Testament all these prophecies, and many more, are fulfilled by Jesus. Now, this is the question you must answer: "If the Bible is not inspired from God, then why does it have so many fulfilled prophecies?" How is that possible if the Bible were not from God? Only God knows the future, has power over it, and can look into it to tell us exactly what will happen. In the Bible we have the finger prints of God: fulfilled prophecy!

Wisdom. The Bible is full of the greatest truths about man and God, sin, and salvation. The Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5) is beautiful in its wisdom, humility, and love. The Psalm are incredible poetry of great depth and beauty. The New Testament epistles are great descriptions of love, forgiveness, longsuffering, kindness, etc. Even if you don't want to become a Christian, studying the truth God has revealed in the Bible will greatly help you in your life. (The aim is not to merely to get the person to use the Bible as a guide to good living, but to encourage him to read it. This way, he will at least be reading the Word of God and be that much closer to conversion because God's Word will accomplish what He wants it to (Isaiah 55:11).

Experience. I am from a family that has experienced God's miracles and blessings. My dad always gets a warning before something bad happens to him. We've been pulled out from accidents, bad financial situations, diseases etc. I would not have been here moderating this forum if it weren't for some of these experiences. Surely, I am just one among the zillions who's experienced God's love. :angel:

Source: An excellent website for answers to tough questions - http://www.gospeloutreach.net/

An interesting answer from GotQuestions.org

An important evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word is the indestructibility of the Bible. Because of its importance and its claim to be the very word of God, the Bible has suffered more vicious attacks and attempts to destroy it than any other book in history. From early Roman Emperors like Diocletian, through communist dictators and on to modern day atheists and agonistics, the Bible has withstood and outlasted all of its attackers and is still the most widely published book in the world today.

Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away†(Mark 13:31).

oh btw, thanks mustardseed :). You encourage me too much. :cool03:

The Authorized King James Version of 1611 is "essentially" correct in translating Hebrew, Aramaic, Chaldean and Greek into English. However, the translators placed a note in the first overleaf of the Bible telling all who read it that they messed up at times. This was because of their lack of "technology" in converting some dialects into English. IF a person uses a Companion Bible (which is a KJV with tabulated margin references) and a high quality Strong's Concordance, ANYONE can take the KJV wording back to what it TRULY meant in the original languages BEFORE the agenda of man changed it to meet his own needs... not the needs and wishes of God. When you read the Original Manuscripts in the Original Languages, you can truly see that the scribes and prophets were under the direct supervision of God in their writings... on stone tablets from 4000 BC up to papyrus scrolls in Christ's own day and a century or two later. Do not take the KJV words alone as fact. Take them BACK to the original meanings by using a Concordance for a truer and fuller understading of God's message to us. Blessings to you who seek the Truth.

Back