Faith

Does anybody ever notice that your faith sometimes hourly or daily can change depending on circumstances? I find myself battling with my flesh that wants me to doubt and not trust God but I remind myself with scripture like Galatians 2:20 and the moments in life that God has shown me that He's here, that I should love and trust in Him.

Would love experience, strength, and hope!:coffee:

I know it's hard at times but do not waver because the Lord is with us. I look at life like a basketball game, sometimes your winning and sometimes the enemy is up by 10 points or 20 points but regardless of the situation Jesus already assured us that anyone on his team gets the victory!

Does anybody ever notice that your faith sometimes hourly or daily can change depending on circumstances? I find myself battling with my flesh that wants me to doubt and not trust God but I remind myself with scripture like Galatians 2:20 and the moments in life that God has shown me that He's here, that I should love and trust in Him.

"God has given to EVERY man a measure of faith to profit withal"
What a lot of people call faith is not faith at all but a vain or vague hope . and worse when it relates to religion and all the worlds so called faiths .

First it is important to understand what faith "IS" and what it is not .
Whatever dictionaries or a commentary may say it .The Bible gives a perfect definition of what faith IS .

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things as yet unseen" (Hebrews)

As "every man has a god given measure of faith to profit with all " Then it should be able to prove that not only do all men have a measure of faith but they exercise it every day of their lives .

The faith then that you have in God is the same faith as all men have in other things , According to what faith IS.
It works by the same principle whatever your faith is in.
Those then who dismiss faith and reject the very idea of faith do but undermine themselves .Not the person who has true faith in God.

I will speak of what I know and I hope you will then understand the principles if you are in the USA or anywhere else and apply it there.

The London bus company has promised that the number 24 bus will go from Victoria in central London to Hampstead in NW London. It has also promised that if you stand at the apropiate bus stop at the time appointed the bus will come.
Faith is not blind at all . Though some have a blind hope . But true faith according to what the Bible says faith IS sees or understands that which is promised and being confident in the person who has promised and convinced in their ability to fulfil their word you act accordingly despite not seeing with the naked eye something that is as yet afar off and unseen.

"NOW faith is ........" faith can only be excercised in the present . Not in the future or the past but NOW faith is .
"Faith comes by not only hearing but also understanding ......................"
Having understood the promise or word of the bus company as to the number 24 bus and being reasonably confident in them fullfilling their word you in faith believing act on the promise and go and stand at the bus stop. By so doing you give "substance to your hope "in the promise .
You can stand afar off and believe but have no faith to go and stand at the bus stop. In which case you do not believe at all . In truth .
Now when there are no people at the bus stop you nearly always think you have missed the bus .
But if there are people there you nearly always think the bus still coming .
Thus when you go to the bus stop in faith believing ,Not only are you giving substance to your hope (in the promise ) but is also the evidence of things hoped and as yet unseen " the bus! and in due time your faith is rewarded and that which was once invisible to the naked eye comes into manifestation and you get on and reach your destination.

Go to work?
The your boss or company promises to pay you wages at the end of the day/week or month . In faith believing you work not seeing the wages but giving substance to your hope and it si the evidence as things as yet unseen . and in due time your faith is rewarded.
There are a myriad of examples in daily life that ALL me n prove they have what faith IS according to the Bibles definition of it and which by default is the right one .

A farmer sows in faith according to the inherent promise that is within the seed . He sows it NOW and expects a harvest in the future and as yet cannot see.

Faith In God works according to the same principles .
It comes by not only hearing but also understanding the Word of God . Faith can grow from a very small thing to a "great faith" With a" little faith" a man walked on water but he made very sure that it was the Lord first! who said "come"!

Our faith is meant to grow in God where in the world it is in many cases undermined for all sorts of reasons .
As we pray aright and God answers then our faith in God will or can grow also and its corresponding confidence
Abraham .His faith had to grow for the faith he had when eh offered up Issac was not of the same measure as it was when he left the city of UR.
But as his knowledge of God grew .From God almighty to God everlasting ,to God the most high ,to God the just judge .So too his faith .

in Christ
gerald

Indeed...I experience this a lot.

Yes; we let the 'stubble' of life get to us and lose focus of the prize....

1 Corinthians 3
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

It takes "time" to build a trust in someone. I have had many times in my Christian life where I have had doubts about the Lord. Would he really supply all my needs according to his riches in Glory, or should I go somewhere else and ask for help. As I look back through the years I can see how the Lord has always been faithful to me, even though he supplied my needs in a way I did not think he would. The Bible does tell us to "call to remembrance the former days..."

Heb 10:32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
Heb 10:33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.

As a Christian develops in his walk with the Lord, he/she will be able to "call to remembrance" days gone by where the Lord sustained them in times of temptation, or trials. This is building a relationship with the Lord that you will never forget. You will with all faith and confidence be able to say that Lord is your life and sustain er of all that you are. He will never leave you or forsake at any time.

Grteetings ABabeInChrist,
I do believe you are going to have to change your name for you are no longer a babe drinking milk. (y)

This is why renewing of your mind daily is vital.
In doing so you will learn to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh or swaying within your faith.
When we find that circumstances control us or change our thinking or beleiving or our faith then we have a believing problem.

What I mean is this.....Faith must be un-movable and un-shaken and not moved by what you see or feel and especially circumstances. Our goal is to get to where we are the same constantly and consistently the same in our faith and believing the written word of God.
This is the type of Faith please God and moves mountains.

Any born again beleiver can have this type of faith. God said in His word He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Meaning one must make a quality choice to not only choose to draw near unto God but to ACTUALLY do it and stick weith it.
GOD WILL NOT EVER LET YOU DOWN.....

This is intended as a how to fix that problem and not as you are doing things wrong.
We as the body of Christ need to change the way we do things.....I tell you what worked for me and what did not work for me and you do the same and we will learn and grow much swifter then trying to correct every ones thinking.......

Blessings
Jim

Back