In this day and age, we're seeing false narratives abounding. Mass media is one of the prime purveyors of false narratives with almost every report they put out being suspect for falsehoods of just about every stripe. Even pulpits in so many churches do this, and have done it for centuries, such as the false teachings for the alleged biblical requirement to tithe and to observe the Sabbath. The narrative backing provided tells the story for any who dare try and justify their falsehoods on the basis of outright lies.

The following, although a parody of the whining from the basis of totally false information about doing away with Roe V Wade:

The many examples I could give for the importance of remaining critical on one's thinking are too numerous to lay out in one post, or even one thread.

What are some of the false narratives you have been hearing of late?

MM

During the height of the MeToo movement, I remember a lot of false narratives coming out about harassment. When my husband and I were attending a board game convention that year, his leftist online friends were even sending him messages to remind him to make sure that I didn't get harassed/assaulted by other men there. I read and heard time and again that year (and still occasionally, though the MeToo movement has been overtaken in popularity/attention by LGBT and CRT movements the last few years) that "all" women get harassed or assaulted at least once in their lifetimes, and that it's impossible to avoid because of "toxic masculinity."

But it's NOT impossible to avoid.

I'm almost 39 and have never been harassed or assaulted in my life.

What people don't want to hear is, that men don't harass or assault just 'any' woman. They pick them based on a number of criteria.

They go after women who fit any of the following:

1) are traditionally attractive (for example, not nerdy or tomboyish)
2) wear revealing clothing (not plain/boring clothing)
3) seem vulnerable, sweet, or naive
4) bring a lot of attention to themselves, whether through extrovert personality or physical appearance

I'm a nerdy tomboy woman. I don't wear revealing clothing. I have a very impersonal expression on my face most of the time. I don't draw attention to myself. I'm reserved and people hardly notice me.

One thing I HAVE heard and seen a lot, though, is men telling me how handsome my husband is, and ask why he wanted to be with such a plain and nerdy looking woman. LOL. I actually have had a NUMBER of men tell me this online. So if anything, instead of being attracted to my appearance, they mock it and wonder how I got an attractive guy.

So I never worry about harassment or assault. It's a false narrative that every woman has to worry about it.

Uhhh. I can't say that your description of yourself is how I would see you, but not all men are alike. I tend to look as deeply inward as I can. If we are going to speak on the classics, my outlook isn't that. Classically, many men are visual, but not all. Whether your self-description is true or not, your husband sounds very much like myself. In other words, the quality of a person is a totality of features, most of which are deeper than the skin.

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

Thank you for sharing this eye-opener.

I don't know much about Benny Johnson. It seems he has had an up and down career in the credibility as a columnist, but what I do know he is a God fearing, conservative man representing Turning Point USA.

At first I didn't know if he was "supporting" these lost adults or if he was putting a twist on his point. Every comment these men and women made didn't include God in their comments while exposing their disbelief in Him.

Once again, where are the God fearing parents that support God's creation of His children? Percentages are high, not perfect, that this teaching of God is instilled in them.

As I have shared with you, I don't entertain many media videos much of which contains shallow journalism, yet it's supported and believed by many internet watchers. It's important to know the credibility of whom you're going to trust whether the internet, TV or radio that reports Truth.

So what do I do about it? When I'm viewing the latest sports highlights, a reputable preacher, listening to music I will stumble across a seemingly false narrative. The Bible covers every agenda and points to doing what's right in the Lord's sight. This works every time. Praise the Lord!

This minimizes the frustration and anger of false narratives by praying for these individuals and the ongoings in the world today on all four corners.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for allowing me to share.

Well, I don’t use much social media.

Although there is one thing I have seen knocking around town as I grew up and I fell for it for a while.

Children are in constant danger of dangerous people everywhere!

Yes I fell for it and now I’m armed and it’s a very insidious belief and if we are not careful we will wrap them up in cotton wool and break down their natural resilience. Kids are smarter then we tend to give them credit for!

Uhhh. I can't say that your description of yourself is how I would see you, but not all men are alike. I tend to look as deeply inward as I can. If we are going to speak on the classics, my outlook isn't that. Classically, many men are visual, but not all. Whether your self-description is true or not, your husband sounds very much like myself. In other words, the quality of a person is a totality of features, most of which are deeper than the skin.

MM

You said............" Classically, many men are visual, but not all. "

I resemble:LOL: that remark and I think you should speak for yourself!!!:cool:

Speaking of visually calassic..................

th

Although there is one thing I have seen knocking around town as I grew up and I fell for it for a while. Children are in constant danger of dangerous people everywhere!

When I was a lad, between 8 and 10 years old I remember an adult saying, "children should be seen and not heard"

I misunderstood this old man (30 years old) 🧐 by being seen and heard!
bd229f76d8a55833c6c95ffd849a2b1b.jpg
1689291720966.jpeg
lol!

In this day and age, we're seeing false narratives abounding. Mass media is one of the prime purveyors of false narratives with almost every report they put out being suspect for falsehoods of just about every stripe. Even pulpits in so many churches do this, and have done it for centuries, such as the false teachings for the alleged biblical requirement to tithe and to observe the Sabbath. The narrative backing provided tells the story for any who dare try and justify their falsehoods on the basis of outright lies.

The following, although a parody of the whining from the basis of totally false information about doing away with Roe V Wade:

The many examples I could give for the importance of remaining critical on one's thinking are too numerous to lay out in one post, or even one thread.

What are some of the false narratives you have been hearing of late?

MM
False Narratives =

Less than two months before the 2004 Presidential election, Dan Rathers, one of the most trusted names in news went way out on a limb in publishing unauthenticated National Guard memos that turned out to be forged.
In the 2016 presidential race. Days before the election, Huffington Post had Hillary Clinton at 98% likely to win the election.

A widely reported story on mainstream news outlets in 2017 was that President-designate Donald Trump requested secret security clearance for his kids in an act of nepotistic impropriety. The story was reported, among others by CNN, NBC,MSNBC CBS and SALON.
But it was USA TODAY that re[orted, "Despite reports suggesting the contrary, a transition team official says Donald Trump did not request or begin paperwork to have his children gain top-level security clearance, according to a pool report."

In a truly repugnant case of politicizing a terrible tragedy to serve a policy agenda, multiple sources falsely reported that the Orlando nightclub shooter used an AR-15 rifle, a gun heavily targeted by the media and activists for more strict regulation or an outright ban.
Miami Herald still conveys the misinformation: ...."Orlando shooter’s AR-15: Accurate, lightweight and there are millions."
Another uncorrected article on Mic.com still claims incorrectly that the Orlando shooter used the hated AR-15.
After running a piece incorrectly claiming the shooter used an AR-15, the Washington Post had the journalistic sense to go back and correct the piece, "The gun the Orlando shooter used was a Sig Sauer MCX, not an AR-15," glibly huffing, "That doesn't change much."

In 2014, when a Ferguson, Missouri Police Officer confronted a suspect who matched the description of an assault and robbery that had just taken place at a convenient store, the young man, 18 year old Michael Brown, fought with the Police Officer, Darren Wilson, struggling to wrest his gun away. When Wilson pursued him on foot, Brown turned and charged at him, and Wilson fired several shots into the front of Brown's body, killing him. This was a very delicate tragedy with strong racial overtones, and in a rush to support a racially-charged, inflammatory media narrative, journalists enthusiastically spread a fake news story: that Michael Brown had his hands up and yelled "Don't shoot!" at the time Wilson fatally discharged his firearm. It turned out to be false. Upon investigation by the Federal Justice Department, eyewitnesses changed their stories or admitted they didn't see the shooting take place.

Faith and truth versus lies and faithlessness in the context of the telling of lies for the purpose of attempting the offsetting the short term consequences!

Back