False Prophets

I see a bunch of people who need to read their Bible. I don't think need to quote verses for people who do. But for those who don't:

Matthew 24:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Luke 21:
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time [1] draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. 9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by....25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Mark 13:
5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet....24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

One has to be really braindead to fall for one of those false teachers.

I think misguided and needy would be more accurate. I think what it is, is that some people want to know the truth and some people want to hang onto the illusion of truth. So when you have a 'Christian' that cannot reconcile their pride with the truth, they search for a 'physical medium' to justify themselves without truly seeking the Spiritual truth. So they cling to what they feel is a tangible connection to the world posing as something 'Godly'.

I think the concept of 'not being of this world' is very difficult to convey and comprehend without the presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

One has to be really braindead to fall for one of those false teachers.
I hope this doesn't begin an argument not founded in scripture but it needs to be taught, over and over.

KJ, I agree with the concept you have espoused and yet as I watch over the past fifty or so years I know from observation that the well educated are just as likely to fall for the false prophets just as suddenly as the uneducated. In the recent past we have had Oral Roberts make false prophecies, such as the one concerning his death or some number of millions and in spite of all of his utterances, he lives. We had good men, women and children drink Poison Kool-Aide for Jim Jones, today we have the number one fund raiser in the Christian World, Bennie Hinn living high on the hog, in his mansion he purchased on monies he raised for African Churches and people jump all over me for daring to "judge" him.

The problem with the success of the False Prophet Movement is the failure of God's people to study their Bibles. If folks of faith will study their Bibles and do so regularly, they cannot be fooled. Sadly, that is not the case. The World's favorite misuse of scripture is, just about, the perfect example of what I speak on here. Matthew 7:1 is not just the first sentence o0f the chapter, it is also the first verse of the first paragraph. It is not only is not the Key Verse of the first paragraph, it is definitely not the Key Verse of the chapter. For the paragraph, verse four is the key verse and of the chapter I would judge verse 12c to be the Key Verse.

And, in spite of this the World has learned to close the Christian's mouth by quoting Matt. 7:1 with such force that the lie has crept into the Church Body. Just as Jim Jones got them to drink the poison and just as Mr. Hinn gets away with stealing money from the African Church Movement and just as he got away with prophecies such as the "98 death of all homosexuals, the liars get away because of the lack of devotion.

Amen!!!

When people use Matt 7:1 on me I agree with them and then ask them to turn to John 7:24 and explain just what part I said wasn't from the Word?

Blessings,

Gene

Amen!!!

When people use Matt 7:1 on me I agree with them and then ask them to turn to John 7:24 and explain just what part I said wasn't from the Word?

Blessings,

Gene

Many confuse 'judging the lost' and 'condemning others' with 'rebuking, edifying, training, teaching & preaching' our Brothers & Sisters.

We are called to 'judge' (edify, train, teach, preach, rebuke, reproof) each other in the Body of Christ to keep the Body cleansed and on a righteous path towards Holiness "IN LOVE". A lot of times the "in love" part gets lost. Also, sometimes we have to break off a branch and sometimes we have too graft back in a branch.

In order to 'judge' a Brother or a Sister-we must first be right with the Lord ourselves. God forgive me my hypocrisy.

When it comes to ministering the to the 'lost'; we cannot have the same standard for them as we have for our Brothers & Sisters THEY ARE LOST! They are unbelievers-how can we 'rebuke' those who do not believe? First we have to SHOW them there is something worth following other than a bunch of rules and regulations.

We must be ..."In Love"......

Else we are not children of God.

24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory

And some christians will still be like

"NOPE!" 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.:)

Back