Family

God didn't plan for families to be fractured and depressed, did He? What would a life that is simpler, less hectic and less striving for more income be like?

Simple healthy meals, reasonable parents who don't get angry, but choose to have calm conversations with their spouse and children.
The love of money is not only the root of all evil, but what are we buying and why?

What kind of schools do our children attend? What are they being taught?

Do this every day:

1657125934762.png

SHARE YOUR BIBLE VERSES TO THIS THREAD. :)

Paul in Romans 7 has some pretty harsh words on this subject.

Romans 7:18-19
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.

He's talking about sin and Jewish law but the same applies to life in general. Humans are weak and it takes exceptional courage to acknowledge that and seek help from a higher power. Most people strive to make themselves strong by making more money or getting physically fit etc. There's nothing wrong with that but it's not a substitute for humility and contrition before God. Until a person accepts this basic fact they will continue to wander lost in the proverbial desert.

Yes it would. I feel this so deeply today.
Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Back