Family

violet

Inactive
Family

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I ran into a stranger as he passed by,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]"Oh excuse me... please" was my reply.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]He said, "Please excuse me too;[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I wasn't watching for you."[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]We were very polite, this stranger and I.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]We went on our way and we said good-bye.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]But at home a different story is told,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]How we treat our loved ones, young and old.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Later that day, cooking the evening meal,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]My son stood beside me very still.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]He walked away, his little heart broken.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]While I lay awake in bed,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]God's still small voice came to me and said,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]"While dealing with a stranger,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]common courtesy you use,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]But the family you love, you seem to abuse.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Go and look on the kitchen floor,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]You'll find some flowers there by the door.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Those are the flowers he brought for you.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]You never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]By this time, I felt very small,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]And now my tears began to fall.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I quietly went and knelt by his bed;[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I love you anyway."[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]I said, "Son, I love you too,[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]FAMILY[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]that we are working for could easily replace us in[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]a matter of days.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]But the family we left behind will feel the loss[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]for the rest of their lives.[/FONT]

Wow, that says a lot Violet. We were at a park recently and a boy came over to where we were playing and started talking non-stop. His family was over in another area. About a half hour later his dad called him to leave. Made me wonder whether they ever "listen" to him. Here we are unknown to him and he felt more comfortable hanging out and talking with us.

That is definitely a word for today. I have often wondered why it is so easy to take out our frustrations on those closest to us and yet it seems to be a universal human charecteristic. I have been asking God to help me to express my true heart to my family and this thread was indeed just the reminder I need- thanks sis.

Absolutely true!
I always remember Joyce Meyer saying, how she would be praying and acting all holy all day but the minute her children came in from school with their mess and noise, she would start screeching and shouting at everything they did.
She said ,'Lord I cant help it, I cant do anything about it,
the Lord said
'Joyce, if your Pastor knocked on the door while you were in full shouting mode, you would instantly stop, and open the door with, 'hello Pastor, praise God, hallelujah' etc. etc.
The truth is we can all help it, but we treat those we dont need to be nice to, very often, unkindly!

Back