Far from God

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Does anyone else ever feel far from God sometimes?
Why do we feel this way?
I’m feeling far from God today and feel abandoned and it has come out of the blue.
It feels like He is nowhere to be found.

Jesus said “ why have you forsaken me” and that’s exactly how it feels.
Like nothing will ever be right again. Of course I know it’s only a feeling because Jesus went through the same thing but it just feels wierd

Why do we feel this way?
I’m feeling far from God today and feel abandoned and it has come out of the blue.
It feels like He is nowhere to be found.

Jesus said “ why have you forsaken me” and that’s exactly how it feels.
Like nothing will ever be right again. Of course I know it’s only a feeling because Jesus went through the same thing but it just feels wierd

Via, write some lyrics to Him. I think that is what some of the Psalms were and it seemed to work for David. :)

Hello Via;

Moose gave a great suggestion. I can relate to those moments and found that reading a Psalm, listening to a praise song or fave song can lift my spirits.

I know God is always with me but the feeling I felt was within myself. So I listened to a song called “ I’ve Seen All Good People” by Yes and the harmonies were so good and lyrically clean.

Hi Via, when you feel like this it can be devastating, separation from God leaves us empty and lonely.
It is so easy to forget to talk to God. It is us that walks away, not Jesus. The Lord promised He would always be with us. All we have to do is walk back to our loving Saviour. He already knows how we feel, and he waits for us. I think we can all admit to having times like that.
God Bless you Fee

I do sometimes. Usually it is a like a cloud passing across the sun. Undeniably, it is dark, lonely and sometimes scary when this happens.

Then, by His grace, some times passes, the clouds begin to part, the light begins to return, and God is still there, shining as He always was, and always will be.

Jesus knows that the world is full of trouble; He experienced it firsthand, personally, just for us. He told His followers that life on earth will be hard sometimes and then… He offered them peace.

He offers us peace today. Jesus can offer you peace because Jesus has overcome all of the world’s troubles by his death and resurrection. He did this because He loves you, God the Father loves you, and the Holy Spirit is with you all the time.

God bless you.

2nd Corinthians 5:7 we walk by faith not by sight... the walk of Faith is not easy it has many trails and yes often times the Lord is teaching us to walk by faith. much like when we teach a toddler to walk . we start out holding them up to get the idea of walking.. then we might hold one hand.. then the nest step we start them out and let them walk on their own . i feel that is how the Good Lord does us. he gets us started and then turns us lose. he is there when we fall but yet still in the background watching

Thanks everyone I really struggled to find a scriptural promise to hold onto.

I couldn’t for the life of me recall a single one. It wierd at first then felt really scary. I have found the perfect one now.
I feel so much better today now I have found one.
View attachment 9855
Hello Via;

I’m happy you shared the Isaiah 41 promise! It is a chapter we read often.
God bless you always, sister.
Bob

Hello Via;

Moose gave a great suggestion. I can relate to those moments and found that reading a Psalm, listening to a praise song or fave song can lift my spirits.

I know God is always with me but the feeling felt was within myself. So I listened to a song called “ I’ve Seen All Good People” by Yes and the harmonies were so good and lyrically clean.

From Wikipedia for

I've Seen All Good People by Yes​

:
The first part of the song, "Your Move", alludes to the game of chess as a metaphor for male–female relationships.[5] Examples include the phrases "move me onto any black square", "make the white queen run so fast", and "the goal is for us all to capture only one".

A reference to John Lennon's work is in the lyric "send an instant karma to me", with "Instant Karma!" being a single released by Lennon in 1970. Another reference occurs just before the three-minute mark of the song, in the closing moments of "Your Move", where the chorus of Lennon's song "Give Peace a Chance" is sung by the backing vocalists under the main melody.[7][8][9][10] More generally, Anderson has stated that the line "'cause it's time, it's time in time with your time" was an attempt to say that he would "do anything that is required of me to reach God" and that he wants the listener to feel "in tune and in time with God."[11]

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day
So satisfied, I'm on my way
Take a straight and stronger course
To the corner of your life
Make the white queen run so fast
She hasn't got time to make you a wife
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time
And its news is captured for the queen to use
Move me on to any black square
Use me any time you want
Just remember that the goal
Is for us all to capture all we want

Don't surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two squares
Send an instant karma to me
Initial it with loving care, yourself
Don't surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two squares
Send an instant karma to me
Initial it with loving care
And its news is captured

Last edited:
2nd Corinthians 5:7 we walk by faith not by sight... the walk of Faith is not easy it has many trails and yes often times the Lord is teaching us to walk by faith. much like when we teach a toddler to walk . we start out holding them up to get the idea of walking.. then we might hold one hand.. then the nest step we start them out and let them walk on their own . i feel that is how the Good Lord does us. he gets us started and then turns us lose. he is there when we fall but yet still in the background watching
Yeh think this speakes to me a lot today. I feel He has set me loose and that’s good.
But trying to figure out the right direction can frustrate me at times. When I feel pretty much useless and can’t find the right scriptures that speak to me I feel sad, and feel like He’s given me up, but It’s a test and I see that now.

😊thanks f61

Good morning, Via, brothers and sisters;

I woke up at 430am and couldn’t go back to sleep. Hazel was out like a rock.
Instead of laying in bed with things spinning in my head I sat up and prayed to God.
We’re on our way to Toronto for the day. I didn’t get the sleep I wanted but felt the peace of God so near to me.

Good morning, Via, brothers and sisters;

I woke up at 430am and couldn’t go back to sleep. Hazel was out like a rock.
Instead of laying in bed with things spinning in my head I sat up and prayed to God.
We’re on our way to Toronto for the day. I didn’t get the sleep I wanted but felt the peace of God so near to me.
God bless you and your family bob, . have a great day in Canada. I wanted the peace of God too but ended up with my mind taken over by some crazy chatter. Thankyou for reminding me its easy to just take things to God instead of relying on myself;f 😊

Yeh think this speakes to me a lot today. I feel He has set me loose and that’s good.
But trying to figure out the right direction can frustrate me at times. When I feel pretty much useless and can’t find the right scriptures that speak to me I feel sad, and feel like He’s given me up, but It’s a test and I see that now.

😊thanks f61
everyday life is a test,,i been tested spiritual warfare for a full year with my job... low sales low work hours low pay checks. and very high anger at times ... lots of anxiety . i am just now getting to the point of letting Go ..we are back on 40 hours there was 153 people lay off..i got moved to a dept assembly that i despise.. all through the period of Time i kept hearing My Grace is sufficient, on a scale of 1- 10 i rate me as a 4 in accepting by faith. hang in there

everyday life is a test,,i been tested spiritual warfare for a full year with my job... low sales low work hours low pay checks. and very high anger at times ... lots of anxiety . i am just now getting to the point of letting Go ..we are back on 40 hours there was 153 people lay off..i got moved to a dept assembly that i despise.. all through the period of Time i kept hearing My Grace is sufficient, on a scale of 1- 10 i rate me as a 4 in accepting by faith. hang in there

Hello forgiven;

Your job reminded me of a job I worked back in 2000. It was a manufacturing company of steel products. The owner was a former marine boot camp instructor. He broke all the labor laws and when he got angry it carried from the production area, customer service to the managerial position I worked.

Twice he stopped the whole flow of business and had a meltdown directing his disappointment to everyone. In the middle of his tantrum he would quickly approach the one worker who triggered his anger, chewed and cursed him out in front of everyone (as if we were in a marine’s bootcamp.)

I’m surprised no one filed harassment charges against him with the labor department. Funny thing is, everyone would still show up the next day for work because “he paid top dollar” to all his employees, even the worker he targeted.

He never raised his voice to me but vented in my office often about his employees. I asked him if he ever stopped to think that he was the one who made the final decision to hire each one? Did he ever implement re-training for those who needed it?

He felt God was not visible in his life nor answered his prayer requests especially while running his business.

I offered to him that it’s hard to hear God or feel His presence when our emotions are high. I asked him, “boss, give this some thought.”
On his “soft side” he would come to his senses and calm down for a couple of days but then let his guard down again.

As far as my own self being, I needed to support the owner during God’s time, but soon enough, I was offered a better job opportunity and gave my notice. He contacted me and asked if we could go out for a sandwich and talk about it. I thanked him but the new job opportunity received my final decision and it turned out to be a much better working environment.

In this case, it doesn’t mean I was not effected by my boss’s conduct to his employees, but I looked to God and as forgiven encourages, “hang in there” to God’s promises which always turns out the best, and He is always there watching.

Bob in faith

Thanks. I know what you mean...I really ought to be grateful for my job but I don't like the shifts and my job is just so boring..
I doubt we will be working a job we hate in heaven. So we have that to look forward to. but there is nothing worse than hating what we do. I have learned to just help my employers as much as I can with what I can. it's hard but thats the test. Joseph story inspired me, and so through Joseph, when I feel persecuted, used or mistreated, I try to overlook it and I think of Joseph and ask God to make me like him. I do everything I can now to help them, and it helps me see that when we rely on Him, He will help us even more.

Thanks. I know what you mean...I really ought to be grateful for my job but I don't like the shifts and my job is just so boring..
I doubt we will be working a job we hate in heaven. So we have that to look forward to. but there is nothing worse than hating what we do. I have learned to just help my employers as much as I can with what I can. it's hard but thats the test. Joseph story inspired me, and so through Joseph, when I feel persecuted, used or mistreated, I try to overlook it and I think of Joseph and ask God to make me like him. I do everything I can now to help them, and it helps me see that when we rely on Him, He will help us even more.
what type work do you do?

Back