Fasting

The way I read this verse is that one of the disciples had a problem casting a demon out and Christ's response was ...
In Matthew He clearly rebukes them for their unbelief... Then why rebuke them if fasting is required, if they cannot fast? that makes no sense and give weight to the better text.

It was never said that the disciples couldn't fast. Christ answer to what was posed as a criticism of the disciples was to say, why should they? Big difference.
Mr 2:19 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.

So was Christ with the disciple when he tried to cast out the demon? Aside from the fact that Christ was also teaching them from when He would not be with them. It makes perfect sense to me.

So was Christ with the disciple when he tried to cast out the demon? Aside from the fact that Christ was also teaching them from when He would not be with them. It makes perfect sense to me.
Ok Silk... I just don't think it does...and the older text are clearly better not just here but throughout the New Testament in my view... I allow that others can see it different and it does not reflect to me anything as regards to good work God is doing in all of us who Love Him:)

My point was that there is plenty of scripture that says fasting is an acceptable practice. Throw out one and the verdict is the same. Fasting does not make us "holier" - it's a tool, if used correctly wih the right heart. Otherwise, it's a very foolish diet.
Be blessed. Suddenly I'm hungry :)

Okay my brother, many Christians are divided over this issue, but it really has nothing to do with my level of respect for you or your sincerity or faith or your integrity considering the scriptures. Just wanted to let you know that, even if we cannot see eye to eye on this issue. In most discussions, we agree or are very close. So be blessed…and may the peace of God be with you.

Okay my brother, many Christians are divided over this issue, but it really has nothing to do with my level of respect for you or your sincerity or faith or your integrity considering the scriptures. Just wanted to let you know that, even if we cannot see eye to eye on this issue. In most discussions, we agree or are very close. So be blessed…and may the peace of God be with you.
Thank you my good brother:)

Back