Father Love 4

" all things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son,and [he] to whomsoever the Son will reveal [him]," Matthew 11:27.
It was God's intent from the beginning to be Father; this is what He desires first and foremost. It's time that we as sons stop trying to be great sons of God and just allow (let) Him be our father. Let God be what he desires to be most of all!
Before the revelation of Christ in me as my only life, my walk with the Lord was a walk after the flesh. The life which I read about in the Scriptures was just in elusive dream. I read about such things as the peace of God and heard other believers speak of entering into His rest, but never arrived at this place in my walk. At the time I didn't know it was just words on the lips and a hunger in their heart, just like mine. It was nothing more then an elusive promise God had made that no one seemed able to have. I heard believers speak of it as though they had entered into that rest, only to find they were in the same boat as I. We are trying to conjure up enough faith to take hold of this rest and thereby enter in. When it didn't work, I just attributed it to a lack of faith and finally dismissed it from my mind and lived without entering into his rest. I, like other believers, would say I had entered into this rest and try my best to believe it in an effort to make faith work as it should. That never worked, peace was short-lived, I read about it in the Scriptures and knew it was there but didn't know how to make it work. The faith I had couldn't make it a reality to me. What was wrong?

Rest Elusive
The thing that was wrong was I was seeking to enter into his rest. As long as I tried to enter into his rest it kept evading me and was not a reality to me. " but when it please God, who separated me from my mothers womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me, but I might preach him among the heathen, immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood," Galatians 1:15 – 16.

Then came the revelation of Christ in me. This didn't become a reality overnight. God the father ministered His grace to me and revealed His Son in me. Even after coming to the understanding of the revelation of Christ in me, the promise of entering into His rest was still as elusive as ever. Many years passed before the promise of entering into His rest became a reality it may be that I am in unusual case and He had to take an especially long way around to bring me to this place. From observing other believers, however, I realized that this is not the case. I feel many believers are searching and longing to enter into His rest but they are unable to do so.
What is it that brings the believer to the point that the promise is a reality? I believe that promise becomes a reality when the believer realizes God is his Father.
I'll pick up with these thoughts on my next article , bless you Mike

Hi there, @Noblemen,

Knowing that, in Christ, we have access into the presence of God the Father, and that we can come with 'boldness' at any time (Heb. 4:16): that there is nothing preventing us, nothing at all, is the most wonderful knowledge to have. Believing that, I can, with David say, 'My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.' (Psa 73:26)

Thank you,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back