Favorite Bible Character

I am not sure who I would identify as my favorite Biblical person. Maybe King David. David was a man after God's own heart (1 Sam 3:20; Acts 13:22). Not because he was sinless, but because he acknowledged his sin, confessed it to the Lord, and repented, and continued on in His faith.

On the other hand, I am often thoughtful of the blind beggar in John 9. My ID on this site is taken from the Pool of Siloam where the blind man washed his eyes in obedience to Jesus and received his sight. He then bore witness for our Lord before the Pharisees, without embellishment.

So king, or beggar, there are many persons in the Bible from whom we can learn.

Ooh ooh pick me! pick me! I have a favorite Bible character! In fact, I have two.

Matthew 15:21-28
The Gentile woman who begged Jesus to heal her daughter. And Jesus didn't at first but her faith was so strong it impressed Jesus! (She says, "Yes Lord, but even the dogs get the scraps that fall from the table.") :love:

Matthew 8:5-13
The Roman Centurion whose servant was dying. His faith amazed Jesus too! (He says, "Lord, I don't deserve to have you at my house, just say the word and my servant will be healed." Jesus says, "I have not seen faith like this in all of Israel!") :eek:

These two people
surprised Jesus with their faith. Each time I read that it just blows my mind! They're my heroes. :)

Have we surprised Jesus with our faith?

Last edited:
Maybe my opening post would have been easier to answer if I had asked for “one of your favorite Bible characters” instead of “your favorite”. I don’t know that he is my most favorite, but Peter always intrigued me. Like all men he had his weaknesses, but despite that he was evidently pretty brave, even though he suffered a lot of condemnation for his heralded denial of Jesus. That especially when none were apparently too eager to speak up when it all came down to Jesus’ appointed time. And even though he was found sleeping instead of praying during Jesus’ anguish in Gethsemane, he did defend Him with the sword when He was arrested. Peter was chastised by Jesus more than once, but in the end he was supposedly crucified, upside down at his own request, because he didn’t think he was worthy of being crucified like Christ. And although John beat Peter to Jesus’ tomb when Mary let them know he was no longer there, John stopped at the opening and Peter rushed on in to examine the scene. That’s braver than most for sure. He spoke his mind, performed miracles and as far as I know he is the only man, born of a man and woman, who has ever walked on water (even though it was just a few steps).

Shall we agree with you on this sir, or do you want to change what you say?

Words are living events waiting to manifest some where.

Scripture teaches us to keep His words on our lips. Last I knew, His word said He gave us a sound mind.

Blessings
FCJ

Hi Jim! :)

As far as I know, the phrase to blow someone's mind is just an expression used when you find something very exciting and unusual. I wrote it to express excitement and amazement, and not my state of mind.

Here's a Google link:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/blow-your-mind

I am so amazed by those ppl because Jesus praised their faith .. and they weren't even Jewish! And the fact that I wouldn't have replied the way they did at all.

Hi Jim! :)

As far as I know, the phrase to blow someone's mind is just an expression used when you find something very exciting and unusual. I wrote it to express excitement and amazement, and not my state of mind.

Here's a Google link:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/blow-your-mind

I am so amazed by those ppl because Jesus praised their faith .. and they weren't even Jewish! And the fact that I wouldn't have replied the way they did at all.
Greetings my Brother, (y)
I am well aware of the phrase and well delivered of saying such things.

We will direct this to a different thread.
Again my apologies inquiring mind for taking you thread in another direction.
Blessings to you both
FCJ

Consider God's handmaid Esther; the boldness of her stance so much to risk her life for her people so much they created a Holiday due to her actions and influence. Of course God's hand directed all of it; but she and those around her had to be willing vessels.

If I had that kind of courage and faith....

What a women, intelligent and Spirit filled.

I like or have learned from the lives of so many bible characters it is really hard to answer. Different ones for different times in my walk with the Lord which started many years ago.

There was a time when my favorite was Joseph (from the Old Testament) because of some of the hurtful things I went through and how in time I was able to forgive the ones who hurt me. Most of all how God brought so much good out of it.

And a time when I was inspired and could relate to some aspects in the life of Deborah.

And also when called into the church prayer ministry with intercessory prayers for others I was inspired by Esther.

Lately I think next to the Lord my favorite is James, the author of the Epistle of James. That letter speaks the very basic tenets of what it means to be a follower of Jesus..a mini gospel so to speak. I am also inspired by his life and influence as an early church leader.

Back