Favorite Book

What is your favorite book of the bible and why? I'm doing a survey. :) Please be advised that anything you say in this thread I might include in my research. I will credit you, of course. Just let me know if you have problems with it. :)

So, what's your favorite book and why?

Hi tmoderncatholic,

My favourite book of the Bible is Revelation, as it is the culmination of all that has gone before & reveals to us the glorious, exalted Lord as He is known in the heavenly realms. And it tells us where we, the Body of Christ will be in eternity, with Christ, in the third heaven. It also tells where the nations & Israel will be in God`s great kingdom in eternity.

Utterly amazing, & so humbling, for it cost Father God His beloved Son, but who freely gave His life for us.

Blessings, Marilyn.

What is your favorite book of the bible and why? I'm doing a survey. :) Please be advised that anything you say in this thread I might include in my research. I will credit you, of course. Just let me know if you have problems with it. :)

So, what's your favorite book and why?

My favorite book (if I have to choose just one :) giggle) is Hebrews. In it I find so many nuggets of truth in regards to what Jesus's blood really has done for me and what freedom He bought for me and in what ways.

God bless your research project! And everything you put your hand to!

I can only approach the concept of favorite in terms of why.

My favorite Gospel is John... For me it is the most approachable. Matthew has been important when I am considering our Lord in terms of the Old Testament.

My heart has strong feelings for 2nd Timothy. This stems from years ago, just after I accepted the lord. It was the subject of a weekly study with the Christian family that saw to my early growth.

For general 'What is Christianity' I turn to Romans.

I can approach others as 'favorites'. Many of the epistles were written to correct misconceptions in the young church. Anytime these issues occupy my thoughts, that epistle becomes where I turn when I just pick up a Bible.

Currently I am being blessed, sometimes in a round-about way, by Ecclesiastes as it examines human endeavors apart from the empowerment of God.

Back