Favorite books in the OT and the NT

I have always enjoyed getting people’s opinions on this one .
So to start off here are mine . Note they may change sense none of the below were my favorites in the past with the exception of Mathew. That was the first book I read in the Bible that got me .
Here are my few I say few because for me some books go together for me .
Out of the OT I enjoyed most were Job Ecclesiastes,and Proverbs. I always read these together in my go through of the Bible. No matter how often I read them I am blessed by somthing new .

Now on to my favorite in the NT there are Three again that I really enjoy.Not to say I don’t enjoy the rest . Mathew Acts ,and Romans are three that I just read twice as I go through the Bible.
Not that the others are less important. All scripture is equally relevant and important.
It’s that those mentioned above are ones I really enjoy.
Blessings
Bill

Book of Proverbs and Revelation for me, if had to pick an entire 'book' although all of them are important.

I enjoy proverbs because each verse is wisdom. Its not stories like the rest of the bible. God always gives me wisdom from Proverbs.

Revelation because, heaven is promised and I love to read about Jesus conquering evil. It never gets old. Also, it says itself that anyone who reads it is blessed. And I want to be blessed!

The other OT stories I enjoy, too many to list, but Jesus Parables in the gospels are spiritual food for me.

Great topic.
the last time i read the bible completely through i started in the book of John and read through revelations, then onto genesis and then finished with the book of john. It was a great study.

now i have started again. This time i started in the OT and started with 1 Samuel and will read to revelations. then i will go to genesis and read to 1 samuel again. i am truly loving the OT. i am loving the history of Judah and Israel. cannot say i have a favorite. i am in 1 Chronicles right now. the bible is such a beautiful act of love of God and Christ.

Am starting a new study on Numbers with my bible group. I havent really studied it in depth but have read it, its just few people quote from Numbers. A book for the mathematically minded accountants among us I guess!

My favorite is the Gospel of Luke. It really gives a clear picture of who Jesus is and what He taught. If studied and meditated on, one can find great wisdom from the teachings that come out straight out of the mouth of our Lord.

In peace

Love them all. But love of course Genesis and Exodus God forming the world and how it had to grieve Him when Adam and Eve the first two people of the earth ever sinned and how Jesus was coming into play there. How the world was formed and how it was going to go from people like Moses and Ruth, two normal people who would do extraordinary things for God.
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as Jesus came and took the form of both human and God fully and is the one and only Son of God and sent to serve not be served. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
But love them all and do not like one chapter more or less. They are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Back