Favorite Psalms?

Wow! One day I was at my wits end...I feel I'm always kind of there, but this particular day was special. I got on my face, prayed and cried. Then I went to my bible and opened it and immediately had my eye on 145. It's one of my favorites passages to this day.

Wow! One day I was at my wits end...I feel I'm always kind of there, but this particular day was special. I got on my face, prayed and cried. Then I went to my bible and opened it and immediately had my eye on 145. It's one of my favorites passages to this day.
Lifeasweknowit:

Yes, and Psalm 145:8 is a verse that is quoted particularly regularly. It's really good that the Lord is far more patient with us than we would naturally be inclined to be!

Blessings.

In fact, Bible translator William Tyndale studied at Oxford. Erasmus, whose Greek New Testament editions were used by Reformation Bible translators, lived in Oxford for a while. (And a lot more besides...)

Re. the Psalms, I think Psalm 2 has great and clear Messianic content that is very encouraging when we think of the unity of Scripture.

Blessings.

Another favorite Psalm is 110, where in verse 1, its clearly Messianic character is seen, when David speaks of the coming Messiah as 'my Lord'.

Blessings.

Another favorite is Psalm 111:9, where it says: 'Holy and reverend is His name'. It's the name of the Lord that is the believer's refuge.

Blessings.

PS: Lifeasweknowit: Your header has a quotation from Ecclesiastes: maybe as well as a thread about the Psalms, a thread about Ecclesiastes would be good, too...:)

Blessings.

I'm actually rather fond of Psalm 25. My favorite verse from it is

"Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way." - Psalm 25:8

P.S. Hi, farouk. Good to see you here haha. :D

I'm actually rather fond of Psalm 25. My favorite verse from it is

"Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way." - Psalm 25:8

P.S. Hi, farouk. Good to see you here haha. :D
Hi there; yes, so many of the Psalms are memorable, often for personal reasons.

i still remember one of the first psalms i ever memorized: Psalm 150.
Hi Isaiah615: So do you still memorize Psalms and other Scriptures? while a person has the fresh memory to do it, it's really worthwhile, because years ahead the mind doesn't retain things as well.

Blessings.