favourite breads

After having visited London and paid a fortune for tea and scones, my daughter has learned how to make them and they are OUTSTANDING! Much better even :)

IMG_20140301_162829.jpg
Your killin me Ab! aaaahahahaha

Im hoping to find a breadmaker nobody wants so we can have freshly baked bread at church.
I saw one on offer at freecycle but they havent got back to me...it would be really good for our community meals.

There is American bread; the most popular is probably your standard white load bread. But Americana may be cornbread. Banana Nut bread is also an American bread.

I'd love to claim donuts as American, but they are an English invention.

The Archetypical "American" bread is like everything else made in America.... The "Best" means it is made by a machine as cheaply as possible.. Chemists, engineers, sociologists, and professional tasters all work together to "Optimize" the flavor and texture for the largest mass market appeal at the cheapest possible price.. So.. Soft, fluffy, pasty, nondescript taste that doesn't offend anyone, mass produced "White bread".... Made by high speed automated machines literally by the millions every day in a big factory somewhere else... Every single loaf is exactly the same... 40 different "Brands" of bread that all have exactly the same ingredients, texture, nondescript flavor, color, smell, shape, weight, and same price within a quarter.. The only "Signifiant" discernible difference between all of them is the label on the packaging....

Donuts are dutch... Our contribution to "Donuts" was turning them from some unique type of pastry or dessert that had a character of it's own into the Dessert version of "American white bread"......

That said.. The "Optimum" grilled cheese sandwich in the entire world is American Cheese between 2 slices of White bread - fried in butter..... TWO slices of "Not real bread" with TWO slices of "Not real cheese" between them... Fried in "Not real butter".... That tells you everything you need to know about America....

and now, I want a donut.. ;)

The Archetypical "American" bread is like everything else made in America.... The "Best" means it is made by a machine as cheaply as possible.. Chemists, engineers, sociologists, and professional tasters all work together to "Optimize" the flavor and texture for the largest mass market appeal at the cheapest possible price.. So.. Soft, fluffy, pasty, nondescript taste that doesn't offend anyone, mass produced "White bread".... Made by high speed automated machines literally by the millions every day in a big factory somewhere else... Every single loaf is exactly the same... 40 different "Brands" of bread that all have exactly the same ingredients, texture, nondescript flavor, color, smell, shape, weight, and same price within a quarter.. The only "Signifiant" discernible difference between all of them is the label on the packaging....

Donuts are dutch... Our contribution to "Donuts" was turning them from some unique type of pastry or dessert that had a character of it's own into the Dessert version of "American white bread"......

That said.. The "Optimum" grilled cheese sandwich in the entire world is American Cheese between 2 slices of White bread - fried in butter..... TWO slices of "Not real bread" with TWO slices of "Not real cheese" between them... Fried in "Not real butter".... That tells you everything you need to know about America....

Hahaha this post is funny! Thanks for the laugh. "Non-offensive" bread lol! ...classic!

The dutch are only 1/2 an hour from my home... but I live in the dutch part of Belgium. They're so friendly and they all speak English. Thanks! Now "I" want a donut!

Back