fear of future and end times

I don't talk about my end-times fears with him (he doesn't need the encouragement, haha). But my main one, like any parent, is what will my children have to endure rather than myself. But as I said I don't dwell on it as it does no good anyhow.

If your husband is so scared of the end times, then I would worry because he might be in sin. Dwelling in sin would make someone anxious. What is there to be anxious about when you are obeying God in your life, and witnessing to your family often. If you do those two things, there is nothing to be anxious about I think.

Now that the election is over and those who have not compromised the truth and God's commands concerning this election can feel a sense of relief and a calm in knowing our hope is in the Lord.

He is our peace and God has given us a future and a hope through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It settled it for me and what has been stirring in my spirit for so long is now realized and confirmed. Our Lord will soon come for his remnant, the glorious church.

We must not loose heart or be discouraged and we must never allow fear to keep us from our appointed purpose to spread the good news, even in the face of the enemy.

We fought a good fight and will continue to do so. My allegiance is to my God, My Savior and my Lord and I would rather die for him then to live in this world without him or have to deny him to do so.

Stand strong my brethren and look up for our soon coming King.

Wow Frank, interesting things you are saying there. We are not allowed to talk politic here but this isn't exactly politics is it? Are you saying the new Presidents is instrumental in end times? I was kind of wondering that myself. Do others on this forum feel the same? Some Christians I have talked to reflect your view. NOW things are getting interesting. The forum I was visiting before I was urged to seek another had athiests and those 'lukewarm' and what not were all happy that he was elected. I am glad to be HERE.:israel:

Don't worry about talking straight to me. It is my husband having problems. I have no more fear or angst about it than the next Christian. That is to say, I don't dwell upon it. I am not a worrier by nature and enjoy a stimulating conversation.

All I would say is what our pastor told us this am that any one can speculate as no one knows God's will . No one knows the hour or the time . Even Jesus does not know , only our Heavenly Father .

Our commision is to pray for our leaders . They have heavy responsibilities and whether we think it is the right or the wrong person at the head of our countries ... our God is in control. We must pray as we never have before that our leaders whether they be the president or Prime Minister that God helps them to make the right decisions and they find Christ as their Saviour.

So what I am saying is we should not be critizing or finding fault but be in prayer . Prayer can move mountains.
:groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

Yes my brother Frank .... God is on the throne . He rules and reigns . He is where we should be putting our hope and our trust not in this world cause this world is not our home .

I can' t see how speculating about the future is going to help us .
No one knows the future except God .

My home is eternal and my God is real and alive . He is our source .

We do not need to dwell on happenings because we know that we know that we will be with Jesus forever and ever.

We need to concentrate on ourselves to make sure we are doing all we can now ... cause now is the time for telling others about our Saviour .
We are the salt and light and do not dwell in doom and gloom .

Jesus is after our heart and the only way we can be effective is to be totally sold out to Him . He does not want half of our heart He wants all .

That is why Solomon fell because half of his heart was on God and the other half in the world . We cannot serve two masters .

The Lord will guide you always : He will satisfy your needs ..... Isaiah 58:11

Hi, Trish. I know this is an older thread, but I am catching up on my reading them.

I was interested in both you and your husband being worried about your children. I noticed no one addressed this, so maybe I am wrong on what I am about to say. I seem to have the idea that children the age of accountability (whatever that is), will be the only ones not taken in the Rapture. Therefore, depending on how old your children are, you should maybe not be worried about them having to endure the Tribulation. I am a believer that God will take us up in the Rapture before the Son of Perdition is known.

Also, keeping in mind that this is probably a mental disorder, if you can get him to see how this is affecting his children, not having their daddy around to influence them and be with them, maybe it would help. My dad was so distraught over the death of his 5-year old daughter (my twin), that he spent most of his time out in the barn with his Southern Comfort bottle. It put distance between his remaining children and I never really knew my dad because of it. Do you think he realizes what his actions are doing to his children at this present time? Maybe he should worry about that instead of what may not even come to pass.

I'm not trying to be mean spirited here, just wondering if he has thought about that at all. I know satan has him where he wants him and is using fear to keep him there, but God also wants him in dependance on Him and is longing to wrap him in His loving arms and renew his mind to that of Love and peace. Fear is a very tricky thing to handle. I had fear most of my life until I met Jesus, and even after that, fear swells up inside me when I think about the future. But, I try to just live for today and not worry about the future, which I'm sure is very hard for your dh.

I also sympathize with your feelings of being trapped with someone who needs so much mental attention. It would be so good if you could form a support group, or join one to help you deal with this mental illness. Also, since you have a good church, hopefully your pastor is aware of your situation and you need to lean on his advice because you are reaching out right now and feeling in need yourself.

Something has to chance, I detect, else you will also come crashing down. Somehow, I detect that you are not revealing the whole truth about the stress you are feeling because you are a strong person and think you can surely handle it. I will pray for strength for you sister and that Heavenly Father will hold you up and give you what you need to carry on. Depend on him, Dear, to give you strength and know that He has a solution for all our dilemas. Peace to you, Sister. :groupray:

When I read this thread I was immediately reminded of 1 Cor. 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is they are holy.

It appears that the children of a believing spouse (no age is mentioned, but the word is definitely "children"), are included with their parents in the New Covenant in Chirst, just as the children of Abraham were included in the covenant with their father (and so were circumcized.)

God Bless you as we learn together

it does not mean that they are saved. they are simply made holy, more chance to find Christ because of the believer in the family who will teach them the right path. But the choice remains to the children.

But, Ramsey, what about those children who have not reached the age when a conscious decision can be made. Are they not the ones "made holy" by the believing spouse. Two different Greek words are used here with regard to the unbelieving spouse and the children.

I sincerely believe that my little son who died on the day of his birth is with the Lord now, sanctified by his Christian parents. As our Lord said "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these" Luke 18:16

Of course, once a child reaches the age of discretion that a decision must be made for themselves.

It is always very important that we have scriptural authority for our beliefs.

God bless you all as we learn together

Jeanann
what I meant was children when they have a choice (around age 20) will determine whether they will serve the LORD or not.

all babies are saved unless the LORD wishes them not saved.

Hi, Trish. I know this is an older thread, but I am catching up on my reading them.

I was interested in both you and your husband being worried about your children. I noticed no one addressed this, so maybe I am wrong on what I am about to say. I seem to have the idea that children the age of accountability (whatever that is), will be the only ones not taken in the Rapture. Therefore, depending on how old your children are, you should maybe not be worried about them having to endure the Tribulation. I am a believer that God will take us up in the Rapture before the Son of Perdition is known.

Also, keeping in mind that this is probably a mental disorder, if you can get him to see how this is affecting his children, not having their daddy around to influence them and be with them, maybe it would help. My dad was so distraught over the death of his 5-year old daughter (my twin), that he spent most of his time out in the barn with his Southern Comfort bottle. It put distance between his remaining children and I never really knew my dad because of it. Do you think he realizes what his actions are doing to his children at this present time? Maybe he should worry about that instead of what may not even come to pass.

I'm not trying to be mean spirited here, just wondering if he has thought about that at all. I know satan has him where he wants him and is using fear to keep him there, but God also wants him in dependance on Him and is longing to wrap him in His loving arms and renew his mind to that of Love and peace. Fear is a very tricky thing to handle. I had fear most of my life until I met Jesus, and even after that, fear swells up inside me when I think about the future. But, I try to just live for today and not worry about the future, which I'm sure is very hard for your dh.

I also sympathize with your feelings of being trapped with someone who needs so much mental attention. It would be so good if you could form a support group, or join one to help you deal with this mental illness. Also, since you have a good church, hopefully your pastor is aware of your situation and you need to lean on his advice because you are reaching out right now and feeling in need yourself.

Something has to chance, I detect, else you will also come crashing down. Somehow, I detect that you are not revealing the whole truth about the stress you are feeling because you are a strong person and think you can surely handle it. I will pray for strength for you sister and that Heavenly Father will hold you up and give you what you need to carry on. Depend on him, Dear, to give you strength and know that He has a solution for all our dilemas. Peace to you, Sister. :groupray:

As a matter of fact, after his breakdown he was rendered nearly ineffective as a parent. He became very passive and still feels a bit of guilt to this day because it was a time when our eldest was testing her boundaries in a big way. I remember more than one occasion when the girls were scrapping it out and I was trying to deal with them and he just watched impassively like he was watching it on TV. That was soon out of hospital. But yes it took a long time for him to 'come back' properly.

What i believe is that the world now is preparing itself for the end of times. The majority of large nations are in recession, including us. It would be a perfect set up for any of these prophesies to be fulfilled. I do not believe it will 42 months because the calendar used in those times was only ten months long (according to a theory). My suggestion is 48 months, yet i am still researching to back up that information fully. Regardless, there is still alot to be fulfilled. Thank you

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." Matthew 24:36

Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-2

He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." Acts 1:7-8

He shouldn't fear... there is nothing he can do to stop it from happening, and there is no guarantee it will happen while we are alive, it could happen 1,000 years from now. It could start today. It could start when our descendants in the future no longer even resemble modern humans.

I understand where your husband is coming from. Because I am Agoraphobic with sever panic disorder. I don't leave my house because of that fear of the unknown and worry. Its a very hard and depressing thing to deal with. The best thing you can do is be there for him. Remind him no matter what He has God. Whenever he gets anxious rather then laying in bed, ask him to do something he enjoys. A hobby maybe? I play online games with friends, that helps me. Or I work on my art.

As for his anxiety, it comes and goes with me as well. The trick is for him, to take his mind off things. Let him focus on something he enjoys. Get a cat haha thats been helping me. Maybe he needs christian counseling too. I truly hope all goes well for your family and your husband. I know how it is to be that scared all the time. I will be praying for your family.

God Bless.

Back