Fear or Faith?

1. I disagree with neutering the fear of God. Whilst I agree it can be honor, it is also a very real fear. If we were standing next to Ananias and knew that we were guilty of the same evil, I doubt we will be experiencing a feeling of reverence and honor for God.

2. I know we have discussed this in the past, but whilst re-reading Job this point you making never jumped out at me. Can you provide the scripture please. I am not sure if it was a common practice. I would have done it though if I was a Jew. This fear that Job had, every parent can relate to. It is a very real fear of God.

Fear just like heart or grace and so forth have different meanings in the original writings. When you use human reasoning or common sense then you can and most likely will misunderstand what is being said.

Jobs fear was from the devil and opposed to Faith. It was worry and doubt. satan put that fear in him and job took it upon him self to speak it and act on it. Job Could Have Chosen Faith and refused to buy the Devils lies but once he acted on them then job himself stepped out side of the Blessing of the Lord or what satan called the protective hedge and gave satan right to come in.

God said Behold which means look around or pay attention and said he is already in your hands. God did not give satan permission job did but God did say Spare His Life.

As for Ananias goes......he had 2 choices at that point.
One quickly drop to his knees and seriously repent before God
Or
Stand there like a dummy and get just a tad dead.

The bible is full of examples where God did not carry out judgements He was about to give Because they had a repetitive heart before Him.

The rest will have to wait. This time it is 5:50 am and I need some sleep, lol not much but some.
Blessings. Note to reader...the word you is used in general as to any one and is not directed to any single person .

Fear just like heart or grace and so forth have different meanings in the original writings. When you use human reasoning or common sense then you can and most likely will misunderstand what is being said.

Jobs fear was from the devil and opposed to Faith. It was worry and doubt. satan put that fear in him and job took it upon him self to speak it and act on it. Job Could Have Chosen Faith and refused to buy the Devils lies but once he acted on them then job himself stepped out side of the Blessing of the Lord or what satan called the protective hedge and gave satan right to come in.

God said Behold which means look around or pay attention and said he is already in your hands. God did not give satan permission job did but God did say Spare His Life.
I just don't read it the same. But no need to bring up our past disagreements on this.

As for Ananias goes......he had 2 choices at that point.
One quickly drop to his knees and seriously repent before God
Or
Stand there like a dummy and get just a tad dead.
Agreed. He was given a window of time to confess and repent.

I just don't read it the same. But no need to bring up our past disagreements on this.

Hey @KingJ
I know this, and Apologize if it came across to you in that manner. I was not suggesting that you did. I write as to everyone when I reply and forget that some times people may see the word you as to them and not as in general.

Again I apologize if it came across any other way.
Talk with you later brother
FCJ

Hey @KingJ
I know this, and Apologize if it came across to you in that manner. I was not suggesting that you did. I write as to everyone when I reply and forget that some times people may see the word you as to them and not as in general.

Again I apologize if it came across any other way.
Talk with you later brother
FCJ
Lol, no Jim. That line is directed at the subject, not you. Your statements were fine ;).

Back