Fear

I spent a goodly portion of my life fearing evil. I have a genius level IQ and yet I felt sure I could be fooled. People are always talking about fearing God. I don't understand that. He is my refuge against the deluge of evil that swamps us in the world of today. I don't fear that God will consign me to hell. I fear I will consign me. I pray.

We respect the LORD as the saved.

The lost should fear the wrath of the LORD.

The saved should 'fear' disappointing' the LORD.

There is only One that is Good, One that is Holy.

We respect the LORD as the saved.

The lost should fear the wrath of the LORD.

The saved should 'fear' disappointing' the LORD.

There is only One that is Good, One that is Holy.

Strangely enough, I don't fear that God doesn't understand me. Every move I make, every step I take -I know he understands me. It is only thru him that I understand true fear.

I believe God understands all-that doesn't mean He accepts all. If we had to keep a Holy Standard-none of us would be going to heaven.

I believe God understands all-that doesn't mean He accepts all. If we had to keep a Holy Standard-none of us would be going to heaven.

I'm not sure I understand you, Brother Mike. I'm past wishing for Heaven. I know it and have felt it's bliss. I'm unsure of what you mean by a holy standard. I thank you for your comfort. I do not fear evil any more. But there was a time when I let it encompass me. While I understood that, thinking what are the correct words? that I would mislead me - God would help me and he did. Despite what was thrown at the cleverness of me, he let me see His truth. My obligation is to continue to show it to others. My fear of evil almost conquered me.

Fear is the core of Original Sin. There is only one fear - separation from God. Do not fear his refuge.

There is so much more I want to say - and that God loves is or should be enough. And I wonder why it is not enough. Is the fear greater than the Love. You tell me. I listen.

Proverbs 1:7 The Message (MSG)
Start with God
7 Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God;
only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.
Proverbs 1:7 New Living Translation (NLT)
7 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Two translations of the same verse. The NLT is the way it is usually quoted. The Message offers a more up-to-date translation of what has been translated fear.

I spent 27 years in the criminal justice system. The 1st 2 were in child abuse and neglect investigtations. In all that time, I never met anyone who couldn't be redeemed - that includes serial killers. I wonder if any of you has seen the true face of evil. When I saw it, it came out of a face I loved. My heart was shattered. In it was no compassion, no mercy, no love - only hatred and mockery. It lied to me...it stole from me..it struck me. In cowardice, I shut it out of my life. It lied about me. When it heard I had cancer - it came back, thinking I would be weak. And because I loved God, it cleansed the one I loved. I am still praying.

Back