Fear

“Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our fears.” … Rudyard Kipling

There are times when it is prudent to be afraid and to allow our fear to be a deterrent to our actions, but so often our fears are rooted in uncertainty and the unknown. Our mind can create fear where no fear should exist for the mind can be a most convincing liar. Unfounded fear cripples and prevents, so we must use logic, wisdom, and courage to face our fears and overcome those rooted in truth and those rooted in uncertainty and lies.

In our nation today there are so many guided and ruled by fear. There is a statement that all know, "and the truth shall make you free". The truth is being silenced due to so many lies and distortions being declared loudly and often. Look unto the Lord, look unto the author of truth and be free of the fear that grips the hearts of so many.

Hello Exonomia;

In my experience, when we go to the Lord and confess our tremblings, insecurities and low self-esteem, many times these are not coming from God but from our thoughts. If they are not from God, then they are lies, they don't bless us and hinder our Spirit. So we wonder, how did these principalities of darkness come into our minds?

"Fear is the cousin of lies" and I find this to be one more Spiritual battle.

Spiritual battles are hard fought, but by confessing this fear to God, He reassures me that He loves us all who follow Him in obedience and is Our Protector.

2 Thessalonians 3:3, 3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

Thank you, Pastor, for sharing this with all of us today.

God bless you and your family.

Back