Feeling Down

Feeling Down

Hi Guys.
I don't know why, but the last week or two, I have been feeling very down, I don't know why, or whats holding me down. I can't smile, I look upset ect, What going on with me ? :(

I know how you feel.

Well all I can tell you is what m pastor was talking about yesterday. He was just telling us not to let the devil steal our joy, our peace, our even our happyness. Rebuke that thing that is holding on to you joy and you happyness and find peace in Jesus or reflect on something God has done in your life and thank him for him. That is a sure fire way to get back what the devil has stolen from you.

I am praying for you,
Caresse

Has there been any troubling or traumatic happenings in your life lately? If so, that would be a good bet. Sometimes though, I think most if not all of us go through times we are feeling down or depressed for whatever reason. I suspect it is one of the devil's way of working on us a Christians, but that's just my opinion. What I have found that helps is to occupy yourself with something you like to do. If you're having depressing thoughts, read a good book. Lately, I have read several great books by Max Lucado, TD Jakes, Joel Osteen, Charles Stanley...etc. and they did me a world of good. What is probably better than that is surround yourself with good friends with positive attitudes.....good Christian friends esp. Heck, I've caught a sermon or 2 on tv by Osteen and you can't help but be energized after listening to him. Granted, he is not everyone's cup of tea, but he is a very motivational guy and he is working to further the Kingdom of God. Hope that helps you.....

Your brother in Christ,
Charlie

The days are getting shorter. For some people, they have a disorder called SAD. When the days get shorter, and they're exposed to less sunlight, they get depressed, the brain slows down its syrotone producing. Look it up, that could be it.

I find I get it too. Keep busy. I try to spend as much time as possible around others. When I am alone, I stay distracted. When I'm really really down, thats when I do my devotional time with God, it usually helps.

Another good idea, and a blatant plug for this site, do what you are doing now. Throw your trouble to the good folks here and you will receive lots of good advice and encouragement. This place has been a real blessing for me....:)

I PUT ON UP-LIFTING CHRISTIAN MUSIC:eek:

LOUD LOUD LOUD

ENOUGH FOR IT TO FLOW RIGHT THROUGH ME AND I SING AND

DANCE :dance::dance::dance:pRAISING :bow:GOD MY DEVINE FATHER,:party::party::party: MY SAVIOR AND MY

RULING KING, AND MY BEST FRIEND THE HOLY SPIRIT...

OTHER THAN LOUD SPEAKERS WHAT ELSE DO I NEED:D:D:D:confused:

OH! AND OPEN UP ALL YOUR WINDOWS TO LET THE SON SHINE IN...

iF YOU CAN GO FOR A WALK, IN A BEAUTIFUL AREA...

SELECT COLORFUL CHEERFUL CLOTHES AND CHEERFUL FURNITINGS
AND PAINT YOUR WALL CHEERFUL COLORS...

SEEK YOUR FATHER TO GET YOU OUT OF THIS SLUMP...

HE WILL ! I GUANTEE IT(SP)

BELOVED

For me it is another of those sign posts telling me to spend more time with God- when things get hard, I get stressed, I get frustrated or just plain down I find I am usually a few steps to far away from my Father. His joy is our strength and without that nothing else seems right- I will pray for your situation Born2LoveYou- blessings, Larry

For the loooooongest time, I felt way down. I'd pick up the bible and read, but all I'd see was messages of wrath and doom. I'd pray, but it seemed like there was a big wall between me and Jesus and no matter how much I cried or screamed, He couldn't hear me. I was so sad, sometimes I'd cry for seemingly no reason. God gifted me with a new house (there was a time when I actually lived homeless, just after college...so this was a big blessing to me), but I coudn't smile. I got a raise and promotion at work, but I was still sad.

I talked to my pastor about it, and he assured me that Jesus could hear me through that wall, even if I whispered. My pastor also told me to go to the clinic and get a physical. Besides tending to my spiritual needs, he said, I needed to tend to my physical well being.

The doctor prescribed anti-depressants. I don't know how some folks feel about these (especially those who have never needed anti-depressants before in their life), but as someone whose brain chemical balance was out of whack...I can tell you, they made a difference!

Within a matter of weeks, the sky became blue again, the light was bright, my world exploded into colors and sounds and laughter. Jesus was with me all along...but because things were out of whack chemically, my body felt like it was alone.

Today, I don't need those medications anymore...things are back in balance. I like to think that Jesus really did hear me through that wall, and that he guided me to seek advice from my pastor, who sent me to the doctor.

Just my two pennies :)

Beloved is right!
Feed your senses, B2LY!
Fresh air, healthy food, enough sleep, good music, God's word, prayer, etc.....
.....and STAY BUSY!!!

For the loooooongest time, I felt way down. I'd pick up the bible and read, but all I'd see was messages of wrath and doom. I'd pray, but it seemed like there was a big wall between me and Jesus and no matter how much I cried or screamed, He couldn't hear me. I was so sad, sometimes I'd cry for seemingly no reason. God gifted me with a new house (there was a time when I actually lived homeless, just after college...so this was a big blessing to me), but I coudn't smile. I got a raise and promotion at work, but I was still sad.

I talked to my pastor about it, and he assured me that Jesus could hear me through that wall, even if I whispered. My pastor also told me to go to the clinic and get a physical. Besides tending to my spiritual needs, he said, I needed to tend to my physical well being.

The doctor prescribed anti-depressants. I don't know how some folks feel about these (especially those who have never needed anti-depressants before in their life), but as someone whose brain chemical balance was out of whack...I can tell you, they made a difference!

Within a matter of weeks, the sky became blue again, the light was bright, my world exploded into colors and sounds and laughter. Jesus was with me all along...but because things were out of whack chemically, my body felt like it was alone.

Today, I don't need those medications anymore...things are back in balance. I like to think that Jesus really did hear me through that wall, and that he guided me to seek advice from my pastor, who sent me to the doctor.

Just my two pennies :)

Whirlwind.... Your pennies are worth more than two cents.

That is a great testimony of what the Lord can do through doctors. Some would generally say... don't take anti depressants but in your case where you had a chemical inbalance it was indeed necessary. I am so glad for you that you sought medical advice and maybe that's what B2LY.... you need to do just to see if your blood work is ok and there is nothing wrong with your pphysical being. Take it from me as a retired nurse . It is worth checking out.

Thanks be to God ,Whirlwind that now you are off the medication and are seeing things now more clearly and through the eyes of God.Praise His Holy name.

Hi Guys.
I don't know why, but the last week or two, I have been feeling very down, I don't know why, or whats holding me down. I can't smile, I look upset ect, What going on with me ? :(

I haven't read anyones comments yet...
but you are not alone...trust me.

All I can say is revival is calling.
A dieing out to the flesh is happening.
In order for the seed to germinate, it must die so it can produce.
Those things that you have been asking God, "When?" are around the corner! Turn your WHEN? into a WHEN!!!!!!!!
Everyone has a "when" coming to them! Hal- la-lou-ya!:D

Hey guys.
Thanks for your replies.
The problem was me not spending enough time with God.
When this all started, I was getting very bad nervous twitches in my eye, Every minute or 2 it would twitch. Last night in the car I spoke to God and worshipped him like never before, I feel great now and my twitching eye has completely gone!
Praise God! :dance:

Wooooooo, Im feeling great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After what happened, My heart was in the wrong place.
God wasn't first in my life and the eye twitching came back for another week, I then really put God first, Praised and Worshipped Him for ages, kept Him first in my lift and now Im feeling better than ever!

Awesome- if we are wise enought to see them those roadsigns (stress, anxieity, short temper, the blues etc.) can be a helpfull reminder of where our focus lay.

Back