Feeling the Holy Spirit.

When I first had this experience, I was a totally new Christian and felt a bit embarrassed and a bit mad to be honest. I only shared it with CTurtle, and she was awesome, as ever. But now I feel more confident in my faith I'd like to put it out there for others to comment.

I was sitting at my kitchen table, when I experienced a very strange sensation. It felt like a column of warm light came down from the ceiling and enveloped me. It was very weird. I felt warm and calm and able, which is a strange way to feel, but able to do anything, ever. The next day, I was sitting on my garden wall, early in the morning, drinking tea, and the same thing happened again. I am absolutely certain it was the Holy Spirit. But why twice? I DO have a sense of humour, and pretty much figured that God had decided to teach me a lesson x 2, because I was such a cynic. I don't know. Does anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences?

I think that the Holy Spirit was showing you Himself and what you can have a lot more by putting in the time of worship with Him. Putting Him first place in your life and consistently praising Him and allowing the Word to transform you.
He wanted 6ounto know how much He loves you and is in and with you

Hello Annie;

I believe you were indwelt by the Holy Spirit and as Cturtle was sharing you don't have to stop there. Please ask God if there is a Word from your experience and then let God embrace you.

During our Bible study this morning some shared the same experience as you (different settings) and we encouraged everyone to give God first place in our lives and let Him be in all our experiences and every road we are walking daily.

No doubt your thread will encourage others. Thank you for opening up to your brothers and sisters.

God bless you and your family, sister.

Annie, your experience is truly breath-taking. God has most assuredly chosen you as a very special lady.
May He continue Blessing you from here on in.

You have much to look forward to and gain as you continue your journey through life.

Warm regards.

weewillie.

Shalom.

Acts 10:34
Then Peter replied, "I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism.

Aha, good morning, Sir Dear File Catcher Jim, never hath a truer verse been quoted however,
one admits one did state, "God has most assuredly chosen you as a very special lady".

One can also admit, one did not state "God has most assuredly chosen you as the only very special lady".

1 point to me.
arh_zpsbituy7sl.gif

Shalom.
weewillie.

One can also admit, one did not state "God has most assuredly chosen you as the only very special lady".

1 point to me.
Not so fast there Sir, lol fish ain't the only thing I can catch.
Don't mean to rob you of your 1 point but in all fairness to say you must be a very special lady concerning the fact she felt the Holy Spirit is the same as saying one must be a very special person in order for the Holy Spirit to visit.

Many struggling people might give up hearing from the Lord thinking they ain't special enough .

Wink!
Have a very blessed day
FCJ

Hello my friend...

Just re-read what you wrote and the Holy Spirit brought to my memory that when that happened to you... you were going through something specific in your life and I believe He was ministering healing, comfort and strength to your spirit, soul and body. Plus showing you how much He loves you and will honor and back up what you believe and speak.
You took the time to invest and believe in Him and the Word He was ministering to you through another person/book.... and He was confirming what you were being taught, and found in His Word as truth.

Hugs and blessings to you and yours

Annie, your experience is truly breath-taking. God has most assuredly chosen you as a very special lady.
May He continue Blessing you from here on in.

You have much to look forward to and gain as you continue your journey through life.

Warm regards.

weewillie.

Shalom.

Hello weewillie, thanks for your comment. I do feel special, which is awesome, because I never felt special in my whole life up until that moment!

My only concern, is that the Holy Spirit, if he had access to 'icons', would surely be using the 'run for hills' icon when it comes down to me:) Where did you get that from, coz I can't find it lol.

But he doesn't, so, he's stuck with me. And though he may be rolling his eyes ALOT, he's doing extremely good work in my life!

Thanks and blessings to you and yours

Annie XXX

Not so fast there Sir, lol fish ain't the only thing I can catch.
Don't mean to rob you of your 1 point but in all fairness to say you must be a very special lady concerning the fact she felt the Holy Spirit is the same as saying one must be a very special person in order for the Holy Spirit to visit.

Many struggling people might give up hearing from the Lord thinking they ain't special enough .

Wink!
Have a very blessed day
FCJ

Hi there, File Catcher Jim.
I'm always of the mind that if God is calling any genuine seeker, a snorting Stallion could not\would not hold them back.

Once again I'm only going by my own experience.
I'm very, very fortunate to have had God in my life from a young age and despite me wandering way off track for a few years, He was, never-the-less, still in the background of my life.
I nearly drowned on two occasions. When I was a young man. I was attacked, beaten-up, bloodied and left unconscious on the pavement. When I came round, the first thing I was aware of was a young woman squatting by my side comforting me till an ambulance arrived. I later learned she was a nurse however, I never discovered who she was. I'm not even sure if I thanked her. She was an angel the way she looked after me.

I'm left with a legacy from that night 54 years ago. The hospital somehow did not discover my nose was broken and still is all these years later.

Blimey, I don't half prattle on a bit. :rolleyes: (Apologies)
Anyway, I understand your comment.

Regards
weewillie.

Hello my friend...

Just re-read what you wrote and the Holy Spirit brought to my memory that when that happened to you... you were going through something specific in your life and I believe He was ministering healing, comfort and strength to your spirit, soul and body. Plus showing you how much He loves you and will honor and back up what you believe and speak.
You took the time to invest and believe in Him and the Word He was ministering to you through another person/book.... and He was confirming what you were being taught, and found in His Word as truth.

Hugs and blessings to you and yours

Hi Cturtle,
Thank you for your welcome comments as are all the other responders, you are all so nice and genuine in this forum, I'm blessed to have been guided to CristianForumSite.

Yes indeed, God was\is doing all you mentioned, and more..... still is, and despite all, He's never abandoned nor forsaken me. Naturally the same goes for everyone in here and all who are drawn to Him around the world, isn't that just so wonderful. I'm sure you agree.

Thank you once again for your kind comments.

Regards,
weewillie.

Others have described the holy spirit as like a warm or cool liquid pouring over them, giving a sense of peace and calm.
I can only describe this sensation I have experienced like I am being lightly brushed by angel wings. Or tickled by feathers..! Just very gently.

I dont think anyone was.

When the presence of God dwells in you, you KNOW it and because He is rising up within you will feel different from what your own feelings are. It is not excitement. It is not shouting, because God has a still small voice, he has no need to shout. Perhaps it will be an unknown tongue, why unknown because it is not YOUR tongue.

He will give you His peace and calm and will give you the words because the spirit speaks through you. He may even cry because the spirit can be grieved and give groanings that cannot be uttered.

Nobody can fake Gods presence, even though people can try. I cannot reach deep in my heart and make myself feel conviction, only the holy spirit can do this. In book of Acts it says when people heard the gospel,they were pricked to the heart. Did they prick their own hearts and make themselves feel this way? Or were they hyped up on emotion? No it was the work of the holy spirit.

In the bible the holy spirit descended upon Jesus 'like a dove'. This is not saying the holy spirit is literally a dove, but, that He will touch people in this way. A dove is a gentle creature.

The only way I can describe the presence of the Holy Spirit, more so when
I'm outside, it feels like a strong invisible hedge of protection around me
and my wife.
I'm more or less aware of it all the time, my wife is the same.
When I ask God for protection for my wife and me as we lay in bed
with sleep unconsciousness, is very comforting to be aware it is so.

Shalom.
weewillie.

The Holy Spirit is described as 'the comforter' by Jesus and I would say that is a feeling you receive when you are in His presence. For some people, it is like an warm invisible hug. For me, the feeling is often like a breath of fresh air.

I dont think its wrong to talk about feelings experienced when you are in His presence. Yes faith is already there even without the feelings because feelings can come and go. For example you are not going to be hugged all the time are you, and you wont always be in situations where the air is always fresh because we live in a fallen world, we arent in heaven yet. But dont discount feelings as if they dont matter, because if they did not matter, Jesus would not have sent the holy spirit to anyone at all. He might have just said, Im going up to heaven and leaving you behind and you are just going to have to carry on without me. Just read the Bible thats all you need to do.
But we know that aint the case because, jewish people also read the Bible and can follow it to the letter, yet they dont know the spirit.
But see Jesus did not leave us alone. He sent the holy spirit to comfort US, and so that we wont ever be alone. We cant see the holy spirit, by faith we live our lives that for Jesus but actually we CAN feel His presence. We have His power and its not just in saying/repeating the scriptures otherwise all theologians would be christians.

If you saw someone who was hurting and crying would you tell them stop it, just have faith. No if you have grace and mercy you would go and hug them, or touch them in some way so they be comforted by your presence without you even saying a word. The holy spirit is a gift because He is GIVEN to you. You must ask to recieve this gift. GOd doesnt give this gift to anyone who wont recieve it.

When I first had this experience, I was a totally new Christian and felt a bit embarrassed and a bit mad to be honest. I only shared it with CTurtle, and she was awesome, as ever. But now I feel more confident in my faith I'd like to put it out there for others to comment.

I was sitting at my kitchen table, when I experienced a very strange sensation. It felt like a column of warm light came down from the ceiling and enveloped me. It was very weird. I felt warm and calm and able, which is a strange way to feel, but able to do anything, ever. The next day, I was sitting on my garden wall, early in the morning, drinking tea, and the same thing happened again. I am absolutely certain it was the Holy Spirit. But why twice? I DO have a sense of humour, and pretty much figured that God had decided to teach me a lesson x 2, because I was such a cynic. I don't know. Does anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences?
Interesting, honestly i have no comment to that a pastor said he received the Holy Spirit on the toilet. (Crazy huh) another pastor said he received while walking home. I do believe God gives the Spirit when we seek him for it. Giving the Spirit when we are not seeking, is forcing his Spirit onto us. However i will not say anything about your experience, i will say that everything is possible to those who believe.

Interesting, honestly i have no comment to that a pastor said he received the Holy Spirit on the toilet. (Crazy huh) another pastor said he received while walking home. I do believe God gives the Spirit when we seek him for it. Giving the Spirit when we are not seeking, is forcing his Spirit onto us. However i will not say anything about your experience, i will say that everything is possible to those who believe.
At least I wasn't caught with my pants down. In the English sense.

xxx

Back