Fighting Lonliness

"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

I'm reminding myself of that, even now. I know I am a frail and weak vessel, falling short daily, of who God would want me to be. That's something that can make the heart sad as it is, let alone when loneliness creeps in.

One day, the wife says she's coming home, re-establishing "us," and the next she is more fickle. I wonder how long I can hold on?

I'm fighting a battle with loneliness right now that I can't fix all the time. Bible reading and prayer are comforting; petting the dogs and having that cup of coffee outside in the cool and quiet of the morning (60 degrees here this morning).

I can find temporary ways to alleviate the loneliness, but it's only that.......temporary. I'm not whole. A piece of me still is absent, and it hurts.

Lord Jesus, this day.............would you please provide rest for my heart. Whatever way you want to do it, or are willing........I wait on You.

No matter what this day brings.........no matter the disappointments or joys; surprises or revelations........may I be able to be calm, at peace, and hopeful in You, no matter what. (Nice to say Lord, but hard to do).

-Soupy

"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

I'm reminding myself of that, even now. I know I am a frail and weak vessel, falling short daily, of who God would want me to be. That's something that can make the heart sad as it is, let alone when loneliness creeps in.

One day, the wife says she's coming home, re-establishing "us," and the next she is more fickle. I wonder how long I can hold on?

I'm fighting a battle with loneliness right now that I can't fix all the time. Bible reading and prayer are comforting; petting the dogs and having that cup of coffee outside in the cool and quiet of the morning (60 degrees here this morning).

I can find temporary ways to alleviate the loneliness, but it's only that.......temporary. I'm not whole. A piece of me still is absent, and it hurts.

Lord Jesus, this day.............would you please provide rest for my heart. Whatever way you want to do it, or are willing........I wait on You.

No matter what this day brings.........no matter the disappointments or joys; surprises or revelations........may I be able to be calm, at peace, and hopeful in You, no matter what. (Nice to say Lord, but hard to do).

-Soupy
The only recommendation I could give is, if you are good with your hands, to spend a good chunk of time making something for her. This gives you some purpose and also a connection to her. And maybe the love you put into it will melt her heart a little.
I do know how debilitating it is and how it drains your inspiration to accomplish anything when things like this happen. Re-focusing on something else, maybe a project you never got around to do, may help get you through.
To at least have a connection with somebody, volunteer to help out in some way to at least connect and feel that sense of value which all men need, I think. May God bless you and make His face to shine upon you this day. Amen

When i have days like this...I just climb into the Savior's lap and tell Him that i trust Him to take care of everything, i just need to spend time resting in His arms. Usually that is where i fall asleep :)

Thank You Father for surrounding Steve with your peace that passes all understanding and comfort. Surround him with your love in this time and bless him with the feeling of being complete in You. Thank You for ministering to his emotonal needs and blessing him with joy in abundance. In Jesus Name, Amen

I can relate to this all T well, I don't have any real friends... And after messing around with a guy that only came around me for one reason and after he got what he wanted..hasn't been around since...

So I can relate....

You are not lonely, you are craving / missing your wife. There is a difference.

I am not sure of your predicament but I experienced this a while back. I went to a foreign country and waited there a year for my fiancé to join me. The rejection and waiting for her was really painful. It was only a literal sense of God's presence with me that helped me recover and move on. God's presence > all emptiness. We lack nothing in His presence and we can enter it.

Soupy, while it may seem like a silly exercise, it's more real than you can imagine. When you're sitting on your sofa imagine the Lord sitting next to you. Close your eyes and make a mental image of Him and have a conversation with Him. What you think is what you are according to the word of God and so what you want to do is be able to think that you are with God even though you physically are, you cannot perceive Him except when you close your eyes and imagine Him, then you can see him with your heart . Once you have an image of Him have a conversation with Him. Have a conversation with Him as though He were there face-to-face pouring out your heart to Him.

have a conversation with (Him)

I am in a daily walk/talk relationship with our Heavenly Father. He has proven Himself to be more than sufficient to meet our (my) need.

That said, He also Knows (both experientially thru His Son and Sovereignly by virtue of His Supreme unmatched Authority as Creator and Sustainer) that we are weak and frail vessels, and that we will falter (i.e.: Peter walking on the water and sinking).

I have full confidence in Gods' care, but I am no better than any other fragile mortal, struggling with the things that He stands ready and waiting to help us overcome. SOMETIMES this means a valley, (spoken of in the Psalms) that is seemingly impossible to get thru.

Thank God that He not only makes a way, but also Loves us thru it, and promises to those who remain faithful, a reward that cannot be matched by anything here, or by any other god. Even when it seems He is too far away, too far removed, to care.

-Soupy

Thnx for being honest. Sometimes you get the type of loneliness that is persistent and just won't stop.

When it starts going into months of feeling the same way, it just becomes too much.

Back