Finally Posting

Hi folks, my name is Todd. Well, I wasn't sure if I wanted to post or just continue to lurk, but I figured I'd go ahead and write something since there are a few posts I want to chime in on. I wrote my testimony on 9/30/08 and just reread it to see if I wanted to post it here. With the exception of now being up to 35 four-wheeled vehicles and seven two-wheeled vehicles, everything else is the same. So, with that said, I'll post it below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! And, for the record, I do not have long, dark hair, nor do I know much about Harry Potter. Sorry, I am not a candidate. :D

TH420X said:
My being born-again was by all means due to the Holy Spirit but it was a salvation through science rather than a hitting of rock bottom. Don’t get me wrong, by all reasonable accounts I should be dead. I have been hit by a car on foot, hit by a car on a bicycle, had mengioencephalitis where I was in the hospital for 11 days (only remember 3 of them) with a 107.5 degree fever (1/2 a degree higher and they estimated I'd have been brain dead), thyroid cancer, NUMEROUS other car incidents such as bad (real bad) accidents, rolling a vehicle, almost rolling, airborne vehicles, vehicle fire, vehicle spins, and the list goes on. I'm 31 and I've had 33 cars (or trucks, vans, etc.), 3 scooters, and 1 motorcycle. I'll let your imagination do the rest. Let's just say that I was like nothing you’ve ever seen on wheels. I was also a life-of-the-party guy. It would be easier for me to tell you the drugs I haven't done as opposed to the ones I have done. There are plenty of times I should have overdosed or at least gotten addicted to SOMETHING!; but no, not me. I smoked cigarettes for 22 years and then just up and quit because I didn't feel like smoking anymore. I’ve never had an addictive personality when it comes to substances. I was simply living for myself and not Him.

I have an FDLE arrest record that's seven pages long and I've done time in the county jail. Funny thing is, all my charges were "adjudication withheld" or dropped with the exception of two DUIs (Florida Law states that adjudication may not be withheld on DUI or those would have been withheld too). And that's just the stuff I was caught for! By all means I should be locked up in a state or federal prison, doing hard time. There's no doubt. I will admit that the first time I got locked-up I "found God;" turns out He was locked-up too! But then I went into the atheist phase. The second time I was locked up I went into it planning on leaving God out of it, and I did. Guess what? I did just fine without Him there to help me. I know now that I only though He left me when, in fact, He never did.

I was also blessed with intelligence. I can't tell you how many people come to me or tell others to come to me when it comes to advice. Not just for religious matters but for matters of life in general; legal, relationship, school, work, etc. I have proper speech and the power to influence and lead. I have proven this many, many times throughout the course of my life. You know what I mean; there's that one person we all know that is dumb as a box of rocks with absolutely ZERO common sense. I'm far from that guy. I know this sounds like boasting but I am not. I am only saying this because I believe these gifts are what God has given me as tools to spread His word. It all makes sense to me now. Remember, nothing I have mentioned is what initially brought me to the Lord. It was my pursuit of higher knowledge that led me to be a Christian. I started putting the puzzle together and eventually saw the picture.

That is a small sampling of events that have transpired in my life. However, this is my favorite one because it shows that God has a great sense of humor. I was in California, it was the middle of the night, I was having a hard time concerning my girlfriend, she was in Florida 3000 miles away from me, I just start walking down the street, not paying attention to anything, and it get's to the point to where I cry out to God, ask Him to help me if He's there: "God, if you're up there please give me a sign! I need help!" No sooner do I finish and I look up and see one of those billboards we've all seen. It read: "Need a marriage counselor? I'm available. -God" You can call that a coincidence all you want but I asked God for a sign and He gave me a billboard! I’m not sure that signs get much bigger than that.

Almost 10 years ago I attended a church where prophesying was part of their ministry. I didn’t really pay too much attention to it at the time but it has always stuck with me. I was told that they saw me as a sort of Robin Hood; going into the dark forest to lead people out and to help them. I now fast-forward to my present time in life and everything seems to make sense. I have lived the life I have because it has set me up to spread His Word. I can relate to most everyone, in most every circumstance. When I read 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 I almost fell out of my chair. That is me, it has always been me, it will always be me; all things to all people. That is my calling. That is what He wants. That is what I will do.

hello&welcomepink.gif

Sounds like you have more than a few angels surrounding you. God bless. :)

Hi folks, my name is Todd. Well, I wasn't sure if I wanted to post or just continue to lurk, but I figured I'd go ahead and write something since there are a few posts I want to chime in on. I wrote my testimony on 9/30/08 and just reread it to see if I wanted to post it here. With the exception of now being up to 35 four-wheeled vehicles and seven two-wheeled vehicles, everything else is the same. So, with that said, I'll post it below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! And, for the record, I do not have long, dark hair, nor do I know much about Harry Potter. Sorry, I am not a candidate. :D
lol... good you have a sense of humor...welcome!

Hi Todd! Welcome brother to CFS. I can most certainly relate to your testimony. I'm rite next to ya in my life experience. I had to look away for a moment when reading your testimony cuz it brought back memories of where I came from also. i also have a testimony here somewhere that I posted years ago. Again I hope to see more of you my friend. :D

Chili out.

Hello Todd and i hope you are well, God bless you and i hope you enjoy CFS....

Back