Finding God's Will for Your Life

BibleLover

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Many people ask what is God's will for their lives. One general principle that applies to solving every problem is to go from the known to the unknown. First assess what you know about the question and then use that information to find answers to what you don't know. This applies to finding God's will, too. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and actively apply it to daily living, and then, step by step, God will reveal more of his will for you.

Hello BibleLover;

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

As a younger Christian I underestimated my Pastor and Elderly leaders. They knew the passage you shared and as they trained me they were also praying for me. I was grateful to this day for them, but I would still go from the "known to the known" because it was comfortable for me.

I enjoyed being a doer of the Word, as long as I was hiding behind things that were familiar.

I feel my mentors knew that about me. I also believe that as I was being built up, God caused the
unknown to cross my path which would force me to either go forward or backward. This would determine my true growth.

Just like many people I also asked God's will for my life. But I had to face the
unknown, and God also reminds us, He loves us so much that He will give that little nudge to guide us through the unknown til He is ready to make known where we will end up serving Him.

I agree with your thread,
BibleLover, especially the step by steps. Thank you for sharing.

God bless
you and your family.

Back