Finding Something That is Lost

The topic of my last article was on perseverance.

When I wrote it, I had no idea that I was about to enter an extremely tough time in my life.

Since that article nearly three weeks ago, things have taken a difficult turn.

My mother, who lost the use of her right leg two years, has now lost the use of her left leg. The past three weeks has been an ongoing struggle to accept and adapt to a new reality.

It’s been a mental challenge for everyone involved – my mother, the friends who help me to care for her, and myself.

And it’s also been a physical challenge. She’s no longer able to support herself at all, so we’ve had to learn new ways to transport her and help care for her.

And with any types of challenges that we have in life, regardless of the level of difficulty, there is the realization that the other aspects of our lives must go on. I still have a job and responsibilities that require my time and attention.

These past few weeks I have felt like a bit of a zombie. Smiling when required. Nodding my head when I think I’ve comprehended something being said to me.

But I’m also realizing that with God’s help, that just like most other things in life, one must and can adapt to changes.

“A new normal,” as I’ve always called it.

It takes time, patience, prayer, faith … and, well … perseverance.

I was thinking recently about how it’s been nearly a year since I started this blog. Beyond many articles that focus on growth in virtue, it’s also turned into a journey of self-discovery.

Please click link below for full article:
http://www.growinvirtue.com/finding/

God will shine the light on us and then we see our sins exposed, and take steps to remove them. We are always growing. It is like pruning a plant so it can grow more. We thin out the old leaves and more light can enter.

Sad to hear about your mum but God gives you the strength to carry on, as Paul wrote, I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Also it is a loving thing to do, look after our parents when they are old. I would say they become a top priority and working for someone else falls by the wayside. Charity does begin at home.
There is scripture in the bible that talks about this and realise that its tough these days to do both at once. You may need to reprioritize, just as you do when you have children.

Thisis another reasone that "The Joy Of Thee Lord Is not only our Strength but a vital part of our walk especially if we want to walk a victorious life in Christ. In these times if we have learned to be filled with His joy we can gleam even under the most harsh conditions because it is Him in us.
Blessings
Jim

Back