Finger Pointing

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Finger Pointing

is not a ministry, a calling nor a fruit of the Spirit. God is calling us to edify one another in love, each day walking closer to Christ. Sadly there is a spirit of phariseeism sweeping the land.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

This guy seemed to do everything right. What could possibly be the problem?

Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

A simple and honest heart before God will be heard every time. Some plainly cannot see past the log in their own eye to remove the speck from their brother's eye -selah.

this is sad but true...
may the Lord convict us of our sins and may our hearts be repentant; then maybe we won't have time to try to "pick someone else apart"...
criticism is NOT a fruit; it is more like a "pit". :pray:

Lord,
give us ears to hear
and hearts to obey;
and mouths to edify;
not tear down our brethren.
In Jesus' Name.

This is actually quite difficult to do. It is easy to recognize it when it is obvious, maybe like this pharisee, but it can be quite a subtle inner voice of self-praise and pride in one's choices, and thankfulness when comparing our blessings which we have indeed received to the lives of those who have not yet received.

I need to keep reminding myself that I have been where they have been, I have NOT known and remember what it is like, the lack of choices that are available, the limits that come with not receiving the blessings through Christ that are very real and immoveable without Christ. I also need to keep reminding myself that it was not I, but God Himself, who initiated this change in me. It was not even my own choice, for how could I choose such peace without ever knowing it? In essence, I have done nothing. I owe it all to God. So even though I have received this peace and these new options for a better life, more choices to choose from, I am still no different than the person who is currently living without a close relationship to God. If I was ever without God, again, I would be exactly like the ones I am tempted to be erroniously thankful that I am not like.

Reading this scripture, I find myself not wanting to be like the pharisee. The only way to not be like him, is to face the fact that I am, and recognize that all the 'good' choices I am making now, and the insights I have now, are a gift given to me by God through Christ Jesus, for I have given my mind and my heart to God only because He came for me and rescued me. Only in Him can I be free and enjoy this peace. And it's so much less effort than trying to measure up. Interesting paradox: by not trying so hard to measure up, trying to not be 'wrong', I do much better at measuring up.

The moral for my day: It's not about me being better, or different, it's about God's free gift to me. So praise God instead of being thankful for anything I think I have done to bring peace to my life. As humans, we're all equal. It makes me want to reach out and share the gift all the more.

Peace.
Great thought for my day.
Thanks.

I am still no different than the person who is currently living without a close relationship to God. If I was ever without God, again, I would be exactly like the ones I am tempted to be erroneously thankful that I am not like.

Reading this scripture, I find myself not wanting to be like the pharisee. The only way to not be like him, is to face the fact that I am,
and recognize that all the 'good' choices I am making now, and the insights I have now, are a gift given to me by God through Christ Jesus, for I have given my mind and my heart to God only because He came for me and rescued me. Only in Him can I be free and enjoy this peace. And it's so much less effort than trying to measure up. Interesting paradox: by not trying so hard to measure up, trying to not be 'wrong', I do much better at measuring up.

If we can't say AMEN
then we should say WOE IS ME!!!

The moral for my day: It's not about me being better, or different, it's about God's free gift to me.
So praise God
instead of being thankful for anything I think I have done to bring peace to my life. As humans, we're all equal. It makes me want to reach out and share the gift all the more.

This truly reminds me of the song that goes: "I'm just a poor, old hungry beggar showing you where I found food"...truly our thankfulness to God for His gift of salvation SHOULD cause us to have compassion on those who have yet to receive it!!!

:groupray:

And I am reminded of the story my mom always said .... If you point a finger at someone .... five will come back to you.

Holy Spirit give me a gentle nudge when I am out of line and think I am better than some one else , cause I am not . Help me to display the love of Jesus in all I do and say . Lord Jesus , I do not want to be like the Pharassee beating his breast but I want to humble myself and always be your servant .

Back