Finnish Lutheran Church's archbishop speaks against the Bible

Finnish Lutheran Church's archbishop Kari Mäkinen said that he rejoices with gay people, because Finnish Parliament accepted citizen bill about gender-neutral marriage law. Mäkinen believes that homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible teaches totally different ways as archbishop Mäkinen.

The whole article is here: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/archbishopspeaksagainstthebible.html

The world says a lot ......... The issue comes when you listen
peter

Joshua 24:15 (NASB)

15 If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living;
but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

When it comes to Lutherans, there is no one, single organization of this denomination. Some of the Lutherans oppose it, but most actually support homosexual marriage as a valid form of marriage.

This is very common with Lutheran clergy.

That is correct!

It's a sad fact.
If anyone were to ask these specific Lutherans, or Presbyterians, or Anglicans, their response would be that they aren't going against the Bible one bit. Their position is that the passages in regards to Sodom and Gomorrah was explicitly about abuse and the lack of hospitality. They'll explain that the passages about a man laying with another man was more Mosaic than divine because breeding was such a necessary function in those days. They'll claim that because Jesus never said anything directly about it, then that follows reason as to why the two former positions are right.

That is their reasoning anyway. So they will protest to the grave that they are being consistent with the Bible and that Christians who oppose it are either bigoted and/or misreading the Scriptures. My younger sister, who I love, unfortunately holds to this position as well. She claims she re-read the Scriptures very heavily to get to the bottom of this divide with what marriage is and says she found no legitimate passage that condemns it when looking deeper into the meaning of the passages.

...But I have to disagree with my dear sister. When Jesus did speak about marriage, there is a precise reason why it was always in regards to a man and a woman. The home, under holy matrimony, is meant to be the domestic church. It is where the husband's role serves as prophet (a representation of God's love), priest (someone who represents his wife and kids to God), and king (someone who holds responsibility for the welfare of his family).

What marriage is of itself can only require a man and a woman, devoid of energy outside of the marriage where it doesn't belong, devoid of divorce, devoid of selfishness, and devoid of foolishness.

People who think that it's based on homophobia are going for the easy response to shut the other side up. Homophobia is wrong by definition. However, rejection of homosexuality is right. The reason why we should be against same-sex marriage isn't because we simply find it gross or we don't understand...it's much easier than that...it's really just because we don't have the authority change what marriage is. It really is an institution created by God, and it really does remain static.

Whenever someone asks me why I oppose it, my answer is very simple: "It has nothing to do with the individuals. I just have no authority to say it can change. No one does."

Last edited:
Finnish Lutheran Church's archbishop Kari Mäkinen said that he rejoices with gay people, because Finnish Parliament accepted citizen bill about gender-neutral marriage law. Mäkinen believes that homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible teaches totally different ways as archbishop Mäkinen.

The whole article is here: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/archbishopspeaksagainstthebible.html
While many look at these events as Satan taking a strong control over Church, I look at it differently.. Probably it is Lord cleaning up the House! Preparing the Church for rapture.. Looks more like separation of wheat and tare..

When the morality of any particular life style is discussed, it is somtimes helpful to take the notion to it's logical extreme and note what the results would be. If everyone was gay, we would see the complete collapse of society within 30 years and the extinction of the human race within 80 or so years. Homosexuality is a parasitic lifestyle, it cannot exist by itself. Therefore, logically, it is unnatural.

The NALC (North American Lutheran Church) was founded mainly because of the ELCA moving towards approving of gay marriage from what I have been told.

The Lutheran church we attend is a NALC affiliated church. While not officially Lutheran yet, I have been asking many questions and learning before we go through the process of becoming Lutheran.

I have already gone to the Catholic church that I was attending (my wife would not attend the Catholic Church with me) and had mine and my family's name removed from the register.

It's a sad fact.
If anyone were to ask these specific Lutherans, or Presbyterians, or Anglicans, their response would be that they aren't going against the Bible one bit. Their position is that the passages in regards to Sodom and Gomorrah was explicitly about abuse and the lack of hospitality. They'll explain that the passages about a man laying with another man was more Mosaic than divine because breeding was such a necessary function in those days. They'll claim that because Jesus never said anything directly about it, then that follows reason as to why the two former positions are right.

That is their reasoning anyway. So they will protest to the grave that they are being consistent with the Bible and that Christians who oppose it are either bigoted and/or misreading the Scriptures. My younger sister, who I love, unfortunately holds to this position as well. She claims she re-read the Scriptures very heavily to get to the bottom of this divide with what marriage is and says she found no legitimate passage that condemns it when looking deeper into the meaning of the passages.

...But I have to disagree with my dear sister. When Jesus did speak about marriage, there is a precise reason why it was always in regards to a man and a woman. The home, under holy matrimony, is meant to be the domestic church. It is where the husband's role serves as prophet (a representation of God's love), priest (someone who represents his wife and kids to God), and king (someone who holds responsibility for the welfare of his family).

What marriage is of itself can only require a man and a woman, devoid of energy outside of the marriage where it doesn't belong, devoid of divorce, devoid of selfishness, and devoid of foolishness.

People who think that it's based on homophobia are going for the easy response to shut the other side up. Homophobia is wrong by definition. However, rejection of homosexuality is right. The reason why we should be against same-sex marriage isn't because we simply find it gross or we don't understand...it's much easier than that...it's really just because we don't have the authority change what marriage is. It really is an institution created by God, and it really does remain static.

Whenever someone asks me why I oppose it, my answer is very simple: "It has nothing to do with the individuals. I just have no authority to say it can change. No one does."

Larry.........it (Homosexual marriage and relationships) destroy the FAMILY unit and that my brother is what God put into place with Adam and Eve.

It was His plan to populate the earth and homosexual actions destroy the plan of God and IMO that is the real reason He is so against such actiuons.

1 Tim 4:
1 ¶ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

The prophetic word of the Bible brings out behind 2000 years that what will happen in the last days of mankind. The word forbidding in verse 3 could be translated also refusing to marry. The Bible says that marriage is between man and woman. In gay marriages people refuse to marry in a way that God has ordered. The prophetic word of the Bible brings out that in the last days of mankind there are people who don't marry in a way that God has set the marriage. Accepting gay marriages are fulfilling the prophecy of the Bible and proves that the Bible is true.

The Bible also brings out that many believers will depart (apostasy) from the faith in the last days. This apostasy is connected to the time when people refuse to marry as God has ordered marriage. It is very sad that many believers will depart from the faith and accept wrong marriage model in the last days. What are seeing right now has been prophesied about 2000 years ago in the Bible.

Larry.........it (Homosexual marriage and relationships) destroy the FAMILY unit and that my brother is what God put into place with Adam and Eve.

It was His plan to populate the earth and homosexual actions destroy the plan of God and IMO that is the real reason He is so against such actiuons.

Did I miss something? I thought I was clear about my position against same-sex relationships. Why even try to disagree when we agree?

Last edited:
Did I miss something? I thought I was clear about my position against same-sex relationships. Why even try to disagree when we agree?

YES, you missed something new dad to be. Probably the excitement of having a baby!!

You were very clear and I agree 100%. I simply was saying the REASON WHY God is also so against same sex relationships...IMO.
Just adding in something I thought was important.

No worries mate........we be good!

YES, you missed something new dad to be. Probably the excitement of having a baby!!

You were very clear and I agree 100%. I simply was saying the REASON WHY God is also so against same sex relationships...IMO.
Just adding in something I thought was important.

No worries mate........we be good!

Your addition is spot on.

So let me ask this question: if it is the case that homosexual marriage is actually okay, what of adultery and fornication? Let me ask too that if homosexuality is (now) okay, does this mean we have accepted that homosexuals were born this way?
I realize that those who have posted already may not have the pro-homo argument available, but Lysander did do a nice job of explaining the pro-homo position re marriage by itself...
My thought, obviously, is that the justification for this current movement is not limited to homosexuality and falls apart still further when their foundational suppositions are considered. I just do not know what those are.

Back