Follow The Lamb

Revelation 14:3-4, "And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth...These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb."

Many believe that the 144,000 are Jews. How can this be when the book of Revelation describes them as "following the Lamb (Jesus) wherever He goes." If Jews don't believe in Jesus, then how can they follow Him wherever He goes as the 144,000 are described as doing?

In peace

Many believe that the 144,000 are Jews. How can this be when the book of Revelation describes them as "following the Lamb (Jesus) wherever He goes." If Jews don't believe in Jesus, then how can they follow Him wherever He goes as the 144,000 are described as doing?
In peace

Hello ConsiderHisAwe;

The 144,000 were indeed Jews, the twelve tribes and 12,000 who were sealed, who believed in God. The 144,000 then represents the continued faith of the Jews who grew from belief in God, to be followers, peopes, believers, of His only Begotten Son. These are the redeemed, meaning, saved by Christ that John is writing in Revelation 14:3-4.

The hermeneutics (deeper study and interpretation) of Revelation 14:3-4 is saying our faith is a continued growth and process of our daily walk with Jesus. We don't just get saved and thats it. The 144,000 are representative as true believers of who we are today, who endure persecution on earth and will receive the Promise of eternal life with God, forever.

In my continued growing knowledge of the Bible I always struggled with Revelation and I should. The Bible isn't a shallow study of who God is, but what He has done and it requires us to have a personal zeal for digging deeper the scriptures, which enables us to know Him, how much He loves us and how He prepares us for Eternity, such as Revelation.

Thank you for asking a great question. You already answered the daily application of our lives, Follow The Lamb.

God bless you, ConsiderHisAwe, and your family.

I can't help but smile when I read your post. It does seem clear that the 144k are the ones that continue to grow in Jesus through their whole lives on Earth. Hence fulfilling the idea of us "following the Lamb Wherever He goes". We can't start out following the Lamb and then stop. It must be an everyday walk of life.
In peace

Back