For Great Fiction: Trinitarian Monotheism

Abdicate we are all different and your presence on this forum is incredible. A true blessing to my life. Please let me confirm from my own small perspective that you reach many in your own writing style. I do apologize for my disposition to get too wordy.

Also I do believe that your warnings regarding twisted terminology is constitutive unto sound discernment
Thank you! That's very kind of you. (y)

I was brought up Christian. Going to different denominations, presbyterian, methodist, etc.

Then after some time I started to go to charismatic/born again church.

Many times I heard about the Trinity. It just didn't ring true to my spirit.

Me, myself, being skeptical, sought for answers.

Now I feel there is no Trinity.

How I came to that conclusion-

1. The one verse in the bible that people use to justify the Trinity was altered in approx. the 3rd century by a roman council with Constantine. See Nicene 23 if I remember correctly.

2. I read the 1st chapter of every book in the new(2nd) testament where it usually states, 'peace to you from God our Father and the Son, Jesus Christ'.

No mention of a Trinity in the beginning of any of those books.

Yes! I believe in the Holy Spirit, but I believe it is Gods, YHWH'S, or Messiah Jesus's Spirit working, or projected from Them.

I was brought up Christian. Going to different denominations, presbyterian, methodist, etc.

Then after some time I started to go to charismatic/born again church.

Many times I heard about the Trinity. It just didn't ring true to my spirit.

Me, myself, being skeptical, sought for answers.

Now I feel there is no Trinity.

How I came to that conclusion-

1. The one verse in the bible that people use to justify the Trinity was altered in approx. the 3rd century by a roman council with Constantine. See Nicene 23 if I remember correctly.

2. I read the 1st chapter of every book in the new(2nd) testament where it usually states, 'peace to you from God our Father and the Son, Jesus Christ'.

No mention of a Trinity in the beginning of any of those books.

Yes! I believe in the Holy Spirit, but I believe it is Gods, YHWH'S, or Messiah Jesus's Spirit working, or projected from Them.

Dumpster, this view doesn't sound that far off from the official doctrine. As I heard one theologian describe it, there is the Father who generated the Son from Himself, Who is the image of the invisible God, and the Father so loved the Son and the Son the Father that this love constituted yet a third persona.

The official doctrine is that the Son is eternally begotten (generated) from the Father, and the Holy Spirit eternally proceeds from the Father through the Son.

Back