Foreknown Exhortation

In one capacity or another every believer can and should maintain a perpetual amount of “joy” and “gratitude” if there is to be normal spiritual “growth” in the Lord Jesus (Phl 4:4; 1Th 5:18). It would be falsely sought in presenting cause to withhold these two cherished attributes toward God—as there is nothing in which the Father does not mean good for us, seeing all is orchestrated as such concerning every situation; and maturity here accords with the level of understanding Romans 8:28, that this promise is availingly true and operates unceasingly every moment for the believer.

In trusting God that all is for learning and never for punishment (rather loving chastisement), there’s nothing excusable against knowing His desire is always for us to joy in and be thankful in all that occurs in our life. Thus, one can welcome each day with the assurance that it has been planned for the benefit of your growth in your faith; as faith is solely in this present life and will be unnecessary in the next, which will be walking by sight and no longer by faith!

In one capacity or another every believer can and should maintain a perpetual amount of “joy” and “gratitude” if there is to be normal spiritual “growth” in the Lord Jesus (Phl 4:4; 1Th 5:18). It would be falsely sought in presenting cause to withhold these two cherished attributes toward God—as there is nothing in which the Father does not mean good for us, seeing all is orchestrated as such concerning every situation; and maturity here accords with the level of understanding Romans 8:28, that this promise is availingly true and operates unceasingly every moment for the believer.

In trusting God that all is for learning and never for punishment (rather loving chastisement), there’s nothing excusable against knowing His desire is always for us to joy in and be thankful in all that occurs in our life. Thus, one can welcome each day with the assurance that it has been planned for the benefit of your growth in your faith; as faith is solely in this present life and will be unnecessary in the next, which will be walking by sight and no longer by faith!
Hello Bob;

I blue lighted your sharing as a reminder to all of us. If I had a bad day at work, church or family relationship, I would dread waking up the next day because I had to confront my circumstance with others.

For years Romans has always been a tough study for me. I had issues with Paul's teaching in Romans 8:28-30, and years later I'm still challenged by all of God's Word but am learning.

Romans 8:28-30, 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

What God has taught me in my senior years is His conviction, chastisement, discipline, correction that does not define punishment. So during those days when I have to address my people issues, He has shown me that He works in All Things, not just case by case situations.

That alone should give me the joy and gratitude because I am growing, indeed. What is reassuring is His "peace and calm" that I receive because He is with me and will bring me through my storm.

God bless
you, Bob, your family, and thank you for your continued teaching.

Hello Bob;

I blue lighted your sharing as a reminder to all of us. If I had a bad day at work, church or family relationship, I would dread waking up the next day because I had to confront my circumstance with others.

For years Romans has always been a tough study for me. I had issues with Paul's teaching in Romans 8:28-30, and years later I'm still challenged by all of God's Word but am learning.

Romans 8:28-30, 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

What God has taught me in my senior years is His conviction, chastisement, discipline, correction that does not define punishment. So during those days when I have to address my people issues, He has shown me that He works in All Things, not just case by case situations.

That alone should give me the joy and gratitude because I am growing, indeed. What is reassuring is His "peace and calm" that I receive because He is with me and will bring me through my storm.

God bless
you, Bob, your family, and thank you for your continued teaching.
Hi Bob, and appreciate your reply and comments! If you're one who believes faith and salvation are permanent, it's just a matter of time waiting for the return of the encouraging "moving of the water" (Jhn 5:3).

Love and blessing to the Family Brother!

Back