Forest

Another place I like to "travel" to is behind my back fence, the forest. And it's only a 30-second commute :) There are times when I need a break from my family to be alone with God. And I discovered this past year that when I couldn't leave home, I could still get out and away into complete wilderness without going very far at all.

So I set up a chair out there, and I'll sit sometimes for hours even in the rain and just listen to the rain and the noise of the trees, listen to the birds, watch the busy squirrels flicking about from tree to tree. I bought a waterproof Bible so I can read out there, and it's a way I can unwind and breathe and pray and think without really leaving home. I can share some videos if permissible.

Having grown up with mountains, streams, and forests, I love them all. We have many nice wooded areas that we can enjoy as well.

My favorite forest trip was visiting the Olympic National Rain Forest in the National Park.

hoh-rainforest-olympic-np-sun-0314_0.jpg

Another place I like to "travel" to is behind my back fence, the forest. And it's only a 30-second commute :) There are times when I need a break from my family to be alone with God. And I discovered this past year that when I couldn't leave home, I could still get out and away into complete wilderness without going very far at all.

So I set up a chair out there, and I'll sit sometimes for hours even in the rain and just listen to the rain and the noise of the trees, listen to the birds, watch the busy squirrels flicking about from tree to tree. I bought a waterproof Bible so I can read out there, and it's a way I can unwind and breathe and pray and think without really leaving home. I can share some videos if permissible.

Hello Autumn;

Seriously? You can sit in a chair for hours and listen to the rhythm of the falling rain, the park and other things? lol! (those are two songs)

It sounds like refreshing.

If your home videos memory space can attach it should be ok.

God bless you and your family.

There's a new trend (or maybe it's an old one) instead of sunbathing where people just lie on the sand at the beach or a sunlounger and maybe read a book and if they are pale their skin turns brown while they get Vitamin D and catch a few rays...people are now turning to forest bathing where they take deep breaths of fresh air/oxygen and listen to birds, while also maybe reading a book...

I had never heard of 'forest bathing' till a few years ago. Usually its people go for a walk or hike in the forest, but not to have a bath!

There's a new trend (or maybe it's an old one) instead of sunbathing where people just lie on the sand at the beach or a sunlounger and maybe read a book and if they are pale their skin turns brown while they get Vitamin D and catch a few rays...people are now turning to forest bathing where they take deep breaths of fresh air/oxygen and listen to birds, while also maybe reading a book...

I had never heard of 'forest bathing' till a few years ago. Usually its people go for a walk or hike in the forest, but not to have a bath!

It sounds nice and I like that idea. We live about 10 minutes from the beach but have to drive about 30 minutes to go to a genuine forest.

Back