forgiven and bobinfaith's Testimony regarding Suffering and Praying

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
forgiven wrote in another thread;

all these scriptures are great and hold truth... but when your in a battle and standing in the gap for someone.. get ready it will only intensify ..i had this with my job .moved to a dept that i was not good out.. just now got moved back to the old dept. job was a t all time low since last sept 22 . we are just now seeing some day light. standing in the gap for someone headed for a dead end that is going to cost them $$$ .due to being deceived several times . its tough and sometime all you can do is just stand. its easy to give scriptures offer encouragement but the recipient is in a huge battel. in mine i kept pray Lord help me get out of this dept... i then started asking him each morning and through out the day . for his Grace many times i got jobs i could do hands do. assembly work is fast i am not fast paced i work at a steady pace in machinery . in assembly they wanted a 6-8 second cycle time to send it to the next station . building lawn mower engines . sometimes your put in a uncomfortable place. you get by with the skin of your teeth. so we dont know exactly what the poster is going through. sometimes you have to pray through.. pray through what ? your doubt your all the feelings your experiencing aka flesh anger concern . offer support encourage but remember its NOT us that is going through this we all handle stress differently right i have stress over a family member and a member of my congregation . that has been took for close to 2400.00 they dont have. they simply refuse to see and they know the truth.

Hello forgiven;

In my very first full time job I worked for a large manufacturer in San Diego.The workers were very diverse in the different production departments and were originally from most parts of the world besides home grown American.

The problem was many of the workers immigrated to the states with good background education, careers but lost face by "starting all over" with the kind of work they were doing. Some felt it was a "job lacking something better" in a new country with a long road of seemingly no hope. But for others it was humbling because the workers weren't alone. They shared common ground with their co-workers and as a result bonded and encouraged each other while trying to grow their new life, jobs / careers.

They socialized inside and outside work which was a good thing. We had employee parties, company picnic, bowling, volleyball, tennis, softball leagues, annual Christmas party, and one week shutdowns during December and July.

My employer and the economy seemed healthier back in the 70s and 80s.

My department was under the Purchasing department and while attending college at night, I worked in inventory control in a warehouse setting, receiving and shipping large volumes of goods, driving a forklift, delivering parts and other receivables to all production areas. I had my own struggles with the physical demand of my job and the company did not pay top dollar equivalent to our labor.

There was one Christian that I worked with who always encouraged me to pray for my co-workers as well as myself. He was an uplifter and I started praying with him, my co-workers of 1300, beside their subsidiary companies inside and outside San Diego.

In time my friend resigned to go on a long term missionary with his wife to England. Great brother in Christ. He taught me the ministry of being a prayer warrior. Sometimes we feel it's a burden to pray and the truth is, it can fill us with suffering for others and ourself. This is the sacrifice to God but obedience to pray for others.

If I was unloading burdens of others or myself to another human is one thing. But unloading our burdens of others or myself to the Almighty God is the ultimate thing, so why wouldn't we pray for others to The One who does the impossible for His glory? He sees all our challenges, during times of need or plenty, whether a small or huge prayer, God can handle all things and also sees the sacrifice and suffering in our hearts for others.

So if we must suffer while praying, isn't that the best time of sacrifice by praying for others and ourself?

Any other thoughts? Your testimony may bless another member or reader.

God bless you all as we enter the Holiday Season.

Any other thoughts? Your testimony may bless another member or reader.
i know very well what scriptures say about praying about answered prayers . see in time of trouble this is what the bible says

Psalm 27:5

King James Version

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

when i preach on times of trouble tribulation etc. i preach reality its tough and sometime you have to stand and brace your self. i know from my younger years . my family prayed for me and yes i went at even more. it took a trip federal court and 2 years to the date for me . to see the saving light. see prayer is not a guarantee of instant answer . as in its all gone away . sometimes it does other times it doesn't. many times we have to wait. in the case of person being deceived by putting out money its been a good month. family has tried to talk to them in preaching from the pulpit. the Lord has had me bring things out.

paul had a thorn in the flesh many seems think it was health related his eyes . i feel it was on the tribulation he was experiencing . lets face it he led a rough life before salvation. he did not exactly have a bed of roses in his ministry.

paul thorn in the flesh.
12 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

look what paul come to the conclusion
my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

strength made perfect in weakness then he said "
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities," the reason that the power of Christ will rest up on him.

when we are going through times how often do we think of this ? or do we think of the scripture i can do all things through Christ which strengthens me .

this is me when going through tribulation ..i have to remind myself of what the scripturas say. plus its ok to say toi the Lord i dont understand it. it just makes no sense . its ok to be honest with the Lord Jeremiah 33:3 says call unto me and i will show you things you do not Know .

i cant explain all these things i do know the word says the just shall live by faith. so its by faith i have hope a phrase my mom use to so it shall come to pass. actually i believe that as we get through one storm and survive . it prepares us for the next storm.

paul said in the big storm at sea unless you abide in the ship you will not be saved . if were honest when going through crazy times you just have to hold on...

i am not a name it claim it preacher nor am i a prosperity preacher. if it looks like a duck if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck its a duck. if your going through hard times look around others are to and some of them are in worse shape.. example a friend i know was diagnosed with esophagus cancer . they bombed him with radiation and chemo. then do surgery they opened him up and the cancer had progressed . they closed him up and said it was in his liver .

life is tough amen this man i was talking about . is a Christian i am not a writer my english skills are not great. i was called to preach not write. people need to stop pretending they are ten feet tall and bullet prof . we do have the whole armor of God . i just want folks to know we will have tribulation in this world.. no we wont like it and no we probably wont do very good. one of my biggest flaws . i tend to get upset yes anger issues . our peace is in Christ our problems are in this world.
so when the battering rams of hell comes against us.. reinforce the doors of our heart by calling on Jesus . i wake up at night and start praying i go to bed and pray before going to sleep. i drive to work praying when i get out of the car to clock in as i am walking i am praying.. sometimes the greatest prayer is Lord Help Me . i am just a H.S graduate have a phd in the school of hard knocks.. this country boy has had to learn the hard way

so when the battering rams of hell comes against us.. reinforce the doors of our heart by calling on Jesus .

Forgiven, sometimes when I’m flooded with strong emotions no scriptures come to mind and it’s even more annoying. I have no idea why this happens. It’s like sometimes God just draws me a blank.

Holy Spirit should be there surely?

Forgiven, sometimes when I’m flooded with strong emotions no scriptures come to mind and it’s even more annoying. I have no idea why this happens. It’s like sometimes God just draws me a blank.

Holy Spirit should be there surely?
the Holy Spirit is with you. i have listened to all kinds preaching i have read all kinds scriptures. when i say i know what the scriptures say and i remind myself. i have certain scriptures that i have in reserve . i may not be able to quote them word for word. but they are there. i tell what read romans chapter 8 i call it my victory chapter. when your flooded with all these strong emotions. pick your Bible up and read it psalms is full of encouragement . sometimes i do a google search i will know part of a scripture .. one that comes to mind the lord is a present help in time of trouble.
that may not be exactly how it reads . so i might google help in time of trouble this is what i find psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. read it all your self https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 46&version=KJV

this scripture in the book of Job i like

Job 23:9-11

King James Version

9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. how does Gold come forth through the refiners fire same way with us. in school i hated test with a passion ..i still hate test but

1 Peter 1:7​

“That { the trial of your faith,} being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:”

i remind my self of the word. it helps calm me ..but the storm is still there . you ever wake up the next morning from high winds and find a bunch of dead limbs in your yard? that is Gods way of removing dead junk off the tree. sometimes storms trials hardships comes our way . he either allows it or sends it to remove dead stuff so new life can come out.

a good book to read is called the secrets of the vine. a man had a dream he was took to a room full of crosses of all sizes. told to chose the size cross he was to carry. he chose the small one the person in charge of the room said that is the one you been carrying all along the way .

if you would like i can put together scriptures that deals storms of emotions and priv message you them.. BTW i to deal with emotions most of mine turns to anger and with anger i can say angry things.. :eek:. i dont get foul mouthed but i can snap off a few things that are not nice. my old way of life i could tell you all kinds dirty jokes use all kinds cuss words i could pop you the bird aka middle finger .

it was never made to be easy being a Christian and taking up our cross and following him. but the good thing is when being being tested if we fail and we will God grades us on grace and mercy . he may stand back at a distance while we are stumbling but when we fall he picks us up

Proverbs 24:16​

“For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.” i tell ya if it wasnt the sunday before thanksgiving this would preach. but this is our thanksgiving sunday and we focus on being thankful

you ever wake up the next morning from high winds and find a bunch of dead limbs in your yard? that is Gods way of removing dead junk off the tree

Yeh that’s exactly how it feels right now.

sometimes storms trials hardships comes our way . he either allows it or sends it to remove dead stuff so new life can come out.

Loving this image, forgiven…

New growth😎

40BF60DF-EEBF-47DB-AF34-B91E2808FBD0.png

Back