Forgiveness of sins

God's word says that sinners can not enter Heaven.
How does God's word say that we will receive forgiveness of sins.

Greetings Truth,
Welcome to CFS and may your time here be filled with love and peace andlots of Good Fellowship. Now for your question.

When we first ask Jesus into our lives then the Blood of Jesus washes us clean from all of our sins and they are remember no more. They are gone as far as the east is from the west.

Then as we walk out our Christian walk with God we have His word such as 1John1:9 to run to.
9... If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

I hope this answers your question
God Bless
Jim

God's word is Truth. To know our sin is to know our truth, or else we cannot know what our sin is.
To acknowledge our sin and by repenting, we are willing to put our faith into action to not sin again.
God knows our heart (the seat of conscience and the willingness to change).
Forgiveness comes from God's knowledge of our heart.

May God bless all who are searching for the Truth of His will.
1John1:9 I understand John is writing to christians .
Acts 2:38 Tells believers to be baptized for the remission of their sins.
Acts 22:16 Paul was baptized to wash away his sins.Calling on the name of the Lord
Acts 8;12 Samaritan men and women were baptized .
Acts 8:13 Simon was baptized.
Acts 8:36 The Ethiopian was baptized.
Acts 9:18 Paul was baptized before he ate.
Acts 10:48 Cornelius and household were baptized .
Acts 16:15 Lydia and household were baptized .
Acts 16:33 The prison keeper and household were baptized.
Acts 18:8 Crispus and many Corinthians were baptized .
Romans 6:3 We are baptized into Christ
Gal. 3:27 We are baptized into Christ .
It seems as though baptism must have been required in order to have our sins forgiven and to be added to Christ's church.

Acts 22:16 Paul was baptized to wash away his sins.Calling on the name of the Lord
It seems as though baptism must have been required in order to have our sins forgiven and to be added to Christ's church.

For some reason I kind of thought this was coming.

I like my brothers and sisters welcome you and hope to see you with us a long time. I hope and pray that we can help you and of course the opposite as well.

In this particular case though I think it will be us helping you.

I agree that every single person who accepts Christ should follow through with believers baptism. However, that act does not save you. It gets you wet on the outside but salvation my friend is from the INSIDE OUT and not outside in.

John 3:16 makes clear that salvation is not by water baptism, but by faith in Jesus Christ: .......
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 1:12 says.......
"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."

Ephesians 2:8-9 says......
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

These and many other passages clearly teach only faith in the resurrected Jesus as Lord is needed for salvation. The New Testament's teachings also make clear that salvation was based on faith in Jesus. Then what is the role of baptism?
Both salvation and baptism are important. Salvation is received by believing in Jesus as God's Son. Baptism is a step of obedience to identify as a follower of Jesus as evidence of this new belief to others that there has been a change in our lives.

Thanks for your feedback.
Nothing we can possibly do can save us.
We are saved only by the graciousness of God .
Baptism does not save us.
We must have our sins removed to have the hope of receiving the grace of God.
Acts 2:38 Tells me that I can receive remission of my sins through baptism.
Acts 22:16 Paul had his sins washed away by baptism.
Did Phillip ask the Ethiopian to be baptized to show his faith ? Why was baptism mentioned to the Ethiopian ?
Is it possible that baptism is a requirement to remove our sins and not a work?
I have been unable to find the scripture on the believer's baptism.
I have found where baptism is an outward sign of faith.
I use the scriptures to find the whole story .I would not know that Peter cut off the right ear of Malcus a relation and servant of the High Priest who asked Peter if he had been with Jesus without reading Matthew,Mark,Luke and John.
I am searching to find the whole will of God.
God will be done in all thing!

Ah yes but do not forget merely taking a bath does not make one a child of God any more then eating a whopper makes one the king of burgers....

To be immersed into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ means to be immersed into His shem (His presence, authority, character) and this is only graced to those who God knows will faithe (actually not just intellectually put their total trust in Him, relying ON HIM, and cleaving to Him)....in other words if the heart is wrong the ritual is ineffectual (even as a symbol for those who hold this view) and we see this in passages like those dealing with Simon Magi who it is said believed and was baptized...yet he was not "saved" (gifted eternal life/born from above/made a new creature) because his heart was wrong before God. He did believe what he saw and wanted it for himself for his own reputation and gain.

If the heart is right the ritual is effectual....when God sets things apart for His purpose and use they pass through the water and the blood of whatever covenant that is associated with is sprinkled or applied (not necessarily physically)

Faithe therefore even against the whole world and yes be baptized if you so believe with all your heart

Paul

Ah yes but do not forget merely taking a bath does not make one a child of God any more then eating a whopper makes one the king of burgers....

To be immersed into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ means to be immersed into His shem (His presence, authority, character) and this is only graced to those who God knows will faithe (actually not just intellectually put their total trust in Him, relying ON HIM, and cleaving to Him)....in other words if the heart is wrong the ritual is ineffectual (even as a symbol for those who hold this view) and we see this in passages like those dealing with Simon Magi who it is said believed and was baptized...yet he was not "saved" (gifted eternal life/born from above/made a new creature) because his heart was wrong before God. He did believe what he saw and wantedwalsoamartinchuckey@gmaill
Did Saul also called Paul believe with his heart that he was doing God's will when he persecuted the Christians.
Saul the king wanted to please God .
God wants His will obeyed not our will / heart.
Thanks for the post !

Once we receive Jesus as our Savior our Father sees us as having the new nature of Christ.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but He that is begotten of God (Jesus) keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Next comes the work of God to our spiritual walk in Christ Jesus as God conforms us into the image of Jesus. Rom 8:29.
Eph 2:10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
As to the total of our salvation, we read in 1 Cor 3:6 . . God gave the increase.

If all this be true, why ask forgiveness for our failures? Conscience so we might feel secure in our ability to approach our Father with confidence? You can read in 1 Cor 10:27-29 a few of the things that can harm our conscience.
Rom 8:1 tells us that: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.
Want a good read on the battles we can have? Romans chapter Seven shows the war within of the Apostle Paul before he came to the realization of God’s faithful work for, and in us.
Another reason? Rom 8:4 puts it this way: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

Thank God for His Word !
I was told by an unbeliever that the Bible was written to believers .
I believe that he was more rite than he knew.
Most of the new testament was written to those who believed and were added to the church (the body of Christ ).
If this is true we must understand that the text is being written to those that have obeyed God's commandment required to be added to the church.
This would be rightly dividing the words of Truth ( God's word/ will )
I am searching for the Truth and nothing but the Truth of God's Will.
God bless all who are sesching for His will!

Thank God for His Word !
I was told by an unbeliever that the Bible was written to believers .
I believe that he was more rite than he knew.
Most of the new testament was written to those who believed and were added to the church (the body of Christ ).
If this is true we must understand that the text is being written to those that have obeyed God's commandment required to be added to the church.
This would be rightly dividing the words of Truth ( God's word/ will )
I am searching for the Truth and nothing but the Truth of God's Will.
God bless all who are sesching for His will!

The word of God was written TO ALL THAT HAVE EARS......Yes the word of God EQUIPS the saints but it also brings truth to any one who will read it and have ears to hear. Not to be confused with spiritual understanding which can ONLY be gained through a spirit filled believer.

To us as born again Christians the written word of God is our life our owners/operating instructions or manual. It teaches us how to live an abundant life in Christ and it enables us to become empowered with His strength and authority. It is everything to us.
God Bless
Jim

Thanks for your feedback.
Nothing we can possibly do can save us.
We are saved only by the graciousness of God .
Baptism does not save us.
We must have our sins removed to have the hope of receiving the grace of God.
Acts 2:38 Tells me that I can receive remission of my sins through baptism.
Acts 22:16 Paul had his sins washed away by baptism.
Did Phillip ask the Ethiopian to be baptized to show his faith ? Why was baptism mentioned to the Ethiopian ?
Is it possible that baptism is a requirement to remove our sins and not a work?
I have been unable to find the scripture on the believer's baptism.
I have found where baptism is an outward sign of faith.
I use the scriptures to find the whole story .I would not know that Peter cut off the right ear of Malcus a relation and servant of the High Priest who asked Peter if he had been with Jesus without reading Matthew,Mark,Luke and John.
I am searching to find the whole will of God.
God will be done in all thing!

Brother, without the "shedding" of the blood of Jesus Christ there is no forgiveness of sins. The "blood" only is responsible for our being forgiven, and not anything else.

As for "Baptism", which one are you referring to? There are three baptisms. Baptism by water, Baptism with the Holy Spirit, and being baptized by one Spirit into one body. Being baptized by one Spirit into one body is the most important, as that is salvation. Water baptism would be the least important, but should be done if possible.

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Heb 9:22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Baptism is not required for forgiveness of sins. A contrite heart is necessary...but it is placing our faith in Jesus Christ that saves us.

Romans 10:9-10
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.

Praise God for giving His Holy Word to His creation ( us ) .
Is there anything in His word that He does not want us ,His believers to understand.
He has written in His word "baptism " WHY ?
I have been told that it is not required !
Did God's word say that it is for the remission of sins or to wash away sins and not mean what He required .
Is "Acts" God's book of believers becoming His Church /the body of Christ ?
Please show scriptures that are not written to churches / believers that show how our sins are forgive without baptism.
God bless all who are willing to rightly divide His word !

Back