Forty-six Christians Arrested, Two Remain in Detention

April 21, 2008

CHINA – China Aid Association reports that the Chinese Communist government recently launched a strategic campaign against house churches in Xinjiang Autonomous Region.

As a result of this campaign, 46 Christians were arrested by Public Security Bureau (PSB) officials on April 13, during a Bible class and worship service in Kashi city, Xinjiang province.

CAA reported, “Forty-six house church Christians were holding Bible class and worship in the home of Mr. Ding Zhichun, when PSB officials intruded into Ding’s home and arrested all of them. Forty-four Christians were released after the trial day, following a 50 Yuan deposit to the PSB by the family members.”

CAA added, “The Christians were mandated to confess their illegal Sunday worship activities and study the government’s handbook on Religious Policy. They were also required to return and recite the policy to officials within one week.”

The Voice of the Martyrs supports and stands with Christians in China and encourages you to pray for believers who are living under immense pressure. Ask God to encourage and minister to the two still being held by the police. Pray their testimony will draw nonbelievers into fellowship with Christ.

The Voice of the Martyrs News

It’s sad.
I’m a “House Church Christian”.
The biggest thing I have to worry about here is some people might think I’m a little goofy.
There are many places where people die for doing what I do.

I thank God for my life.
Dean

I understand brother. Compared to most places we are set.

Back