Forum Display Options

Sylvanus

Inactive
Forum Display Options

I've noticed that on the main index of the forum, on the right side of the cell of each categories, there's a little double arrow button to hide from view every forum contained within it.

I also noticed that on the user CP, under 'edit options', I can choose how to display the threads.

I would like to know if there is an option on how to display the forum too.

You see, there's some forums I just never go to, and since I never go there, as it just happens, I would like to be able to hide these forums as an option, so that it wil be hidden every time I go to the index page.

Not that I don't like these areas, it's just I never happen to visit :eek:

Can this be done somehow :confused:

Thanks

I have to check that out Sylv. There is an option to hide certain forums but if I do that, those forums will be hidden to everyone. I'll find out if it could be done at a user level. :)

Sylv - I did some personal research on that some time ago.

VBulletin does not have that select option at the user level. However, my source said that there MAY POSSIBLY be an aftermarket (not VBulletin) forum software pluggin that will allow that.

I believe that FuseTalk v2.1 by e-Zone Media, Inc. does have that feature built into their forum software. Nice touch for customizing the presentation.

I believe that FuseTalk v2.1 by e-Zone Media, Inc. does have that feature built into their forum software. Nice touch for customizing the presentation.
Thanks Gary, the link lead to a 404, but I'll try latter :p
That's ok Sylv, as long as you don't hide the gallery!!! :mad:
ummmmmmmmmm...............Ok..!! :eek::D
I have to check that out Sylv. There is an option to hide certain forums but if I do that, those forums will be hidden to everyone. I'll find out if it could be done at a user level. :)
That would be GREAT !!!
I am sure that it involves just a little php twicking (most likely more :()

In the mean time, I'll just have to do with a customised home-made CFS index page :cap:

Thanks all !! I'll keep an eye here for updates
Sylv

Back