Friends of GOD?

Friends of GOD?

Did GOD say we were servants or not?

Certain Scriptures say we are co-heirs of him and not subjects. Other verses say we shall serve HIM day and night in His temple. This is confusing.

This is making me frantic.

My flesh feels very very sick.

Gal. 4:6-7 -- And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore you are no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Revelation 7:13-15 -- 13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Are these saints the sealed 144,000 or does this apply to all the Saints? Will we ALL serve HIM or just a few of us? It says we are not servants, then it says we are. Confused!

I responded to this issue two times in other threads this morning so if you don't mind I will just cut and paste my replies:
Only two things respond to serving God like that my sister- the flesh and demonic influence. Both need to be put down. One is to be led to the cross- this is the place freedom actually starts. The other is to be cast down with all other vain imaginations - do not entertain such thoughts.
Jesus differed from the pharisees in this (amongst other things)- He knew the Father's heart. The very words they used to hold men in bondage were the ones He used to set the free.
God is love. God created you to walk in fellowship and communion with Him. God spared no expense to give you a way into His presence. Began to understand His heart and you will not be afraid.
It has always been one of the devil's favorite tactics to try to separate us from the One thing we really need- our heavenly Father.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is indeed only one power that can separate us form God and that is our own self. Do not be manipulated. Each time this garbage comes up declare " I love You Lord and I will seek You all the more". Then spend an hour or so in worship and this attack will cease. There is no peace like the peace that passes all understanding. There is no joy like the joy of the Lord, there is no freedom like the freedom we find in Christ. In fact if I may be so bold as to say this- you will never really know who you were created to be until you find yourself in Him.
Much love and many blessings in His wonderful Name, your brother Larry.

There is no freedom like walking in the will of God. He constantly removes the garbage and confusion that we try to hang on to in error only to bring us closer to His heart, His will and His freedom.

that is old testament read the new testament it keeps you alive eternal.:)i give up on the old testament to many contradictions with the new.plus i,m not jewish i don,t think.new wine is very palletable,and easy.

Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

:)
We are called sons (and daughters) ,we are called friends and we have the privileged of serving our Lord and Master. What an honor that as we abide in this heavenly vine the Father has chosen us to be the branches that bear fruit for His kingdom.
It is important to learn of His heart and His ways- ask the Holy Spirit tp give you revelation in this area.

Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
This God is awesome in power and gentle in love towards us, He heals, restores and makes new. He loves to build us up and use us for His glory.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Abba-
daddy in the most intimate sense.:)

Indeed Mike the Old Covenant was the covenant of a servant and the new a covenant of a son.:)

There is indeed only one power that can separate us form God and that is our own self. Do not be manipulated. Each time this garbage comes up declare " I love You Lord and I will seek You all the more". Then spend an hour or so in worship and this attack will cease. There is no peace like the peace that passes all understanding. There is no joy like the joy of the Lord, there is no freedom like the freedom we find in Christ. In fact if I may be so bold as to say this- you will never really know who you were created to be until you find yourself in Him. There is no freedom like walking in the will of God. He constantly removes the garbage and confusion that we try to hang on to in error only to bring us closer to His heart, His will and His freedom.

Bo: :goodpost:

WhiteLioness: to answer your question about what God says about servants: remember that a servant is simply one who serves; not like a slave who is forced into bondage...I am sorry that I don't understand your conflict with this; our brother's advise sounds like it addresses the spiritual war that we can all find ourselves in and the inheritance of the saints but I strongly believe that we are servants of the Most High God and here are some scriptures

Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Eph 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart

Phi 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Now we must really ask ourselves; is being a servant of God a bad thing??? Why is this a question? Because our flesh wars against the spirit; our spirit, God's Holy Spirit and spiritual things in general.
I personally am VERY THANKFUL that He loves us so much that I CHOOSE TO SERVE HIM with my whole life NOT because I HAVE TO but because I WANT TO.

Praying for peace and understanding as you seek Him to answer these questions. You will not find the answers in your flesh or feelings. Only in His Word by His Spirit.

John
15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not
what his Lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things
that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Back