From A Newbie's Heart

Hi everyone!

It was a one boring night and it was raining outside. I was feeling empty and depressed for days for no definite reason. I just felt...alone. So I felt like wanting to talk to people who might make some sense. Then my surfing the internet brought me here.

It might be because I missed church. No, I felt God's presence seem to be missing. I certainly know He's always by my side, but maybe there's just a point in your Christian faith that it tends to get dark and you seem to not feel God in your life. Well, faith isn't just an emotion or a fleeting sensation. I just miss my old self, that old self who used to be feeling excited every Sunday to come to church and worship God. Have you ever had this experience so far? if you did, please let me know your thoughts and share how did you overcome such loneliness and emptiness.

From a newbie,

Cha

Good morning Cha :D Welcome to CFS. When you get some time please go over this http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/your-welcome-pack.104/
I know what your feeling when you say ......... It might be because I missed church. No, I felt God's presence seem to be missing............
It's because I/we forgot to invite God / Jesus into our heart for that day or so. Then we feel the absence of the Holy Spirit and it is quite painful. I make it a point to ask God to come with me where ever I go or do. In the end I feel no stress and feel complete comfort in what I do and say.
If I don't invite Him to come with me He will not argue and turn away and it is almost scary to go alone.........well it is scary LOL. I hope this helps a bit my sister:cool: I'm not one for a long post. God Bless you abundantly

Good morning Cha :D Welcome to CFS. When you get some time please go over this http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/your-welcome-pack.104/
I know what your feeling when you say ......... It might be because I missed church. No, I felt God's presence seem to be missing............
It's because I/we forgot to invite God / Jesus into our heart for that day or so. Then we feel the absence of the Holy Spirit and it is quite painful. I make it a point to ask God to come with me where ever I go or do. In the end I feel no stress and feel complete comfort in what I do and say.
If I don't invite Him to come with me He will not argue and turn away and it is almost scary to go alone.........well it is scary LOL. I hope this helps a bit my sister:cool: I'm not one for a long post. God Bless you abundantly

Hi chili! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Well, I honestly am going through a spiritual struggle this time. It's something like, even how hard I prayed and invited the Holy Spirit to come, I still didn't feel anything at all. I read my Bible, meditate on God's Word, but still feel the same. I have always wanted to talk to someone in church about how I am going through, yet I am so timid to approach anyone. I know the problem's with me, and I always pray that God will enlighten me and get me back to His presence again. Thanks for your kind reply by the way. God bless you!

Hi everyone!

It was a one boring night and it was raining outside. I was feeling empty and depressed for days for no definite reason. I just felt...alone. So I felt like wanting to talk to people who might make some sense. Then my surfing the internet brought me here.

It might be because I missed church. No, I felt God's presence seem to be missing. I certainly know He's always by my side, but maybe there's just a point in your Christian faith that it tends to get dark and you seem to not feel God in your life. Well, faith isn't just an emotion or a fleeting sensation. I just miss my old self, that old self who used to be feeling excited every Sunday to come to church and worship God. Have you ever had this experience so far? if you did, please let me know your thoughts and share how did you overcome such loneliness and emptiness.

From a newbie,

Cha

Welcome to CFS Char,
I am blessed to meet you and looking forward to the fellowship one with another.

Sometimes Char we feel as if God is not here but He is. God knows what you are going through and it is these times we truly need to walk by Faith.

Sometimes that is all we can go on is faith knowing that if God said He will not ever leave us or forsake us then No matter what it seems He is still here.

The enemy works hard trying to convince us that God does not care and he uses feelings and emotions and thoughts to his advantage.

However we have something called the sacrifice of praise, you may not feel like praising God but if you push through feelings and enter in to praise and worship, well things will change.

Hang in there for God is not done yet!!
Again welcome and if you have any promlems or questions please feel free to contact a staff member so we can help make your time here a joyful one.

Blessings
FCJ

Hi chili! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Well, I honestly am going through a spiritual struggle this time. It's something like, even how hard I prayed and invited the Holy Spirit to come, I still didn't feel anything at all. I read my Bible, meditate on God's Word, but still feel the same. I have always wanted to talk to someone in church about how I am going through, yet I am so timid to approach anyone. I know the problem's with me, and I always pray that God will enlighten me and get me back to His presence again. Thanks for your kind reply by the way. God bless you!
Welcome to cfs! Shoot I think everyone else said what I thought...:) so I will point you in King David's direction and let him share his heart with you :) read ps 103 and 104:1. Even king David had to stir his flesh up, to remind himself to bless the Lord. I have noticed how powerful reading those psalms that praise God, and tell Him how great He is really bless my soul and can change my attitude and "feelings"
As you speak them out of your mouth, they will ignite your spirit with spiritual food, and build a flood within you that will come roaring out in joy.

Another thing to remember is that if the devil can steal our joy, he steals our strength and our faith. The joy of the Lord is our strength, and the devil does not want you to know who you are in Christ, so you cannot be any problem for him.

God bless you abundantly! Will be praying for you
Looking forward to seeing you join in some conversations :)

May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality]. May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it]; [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]! Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]– To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
Ephesians 3:16‭-‬21 AMP
http://bible.com/8/eph.3.16-21.AMP

Last edited:
Welcome!
Put on the full amor of God every day and evening, the helmet of salvation, breastplate of righteousness,belt of truth, shoes of the gospel, the shield of faith, the sword of the Spirit, wield all these in the Spirit. Sing Godly song real hard, Worship our Father daddy, trust and believe He loves you wildly, lol. Put on love, joy, peace, stay in Jesus mercy, gentleness, grace. Treat yourself well. Talk to God in you cause He's there. Jesus Your will be done for this precious soul, let them be free, break bad thought patterns, let them live from the new body, our lovely Jesus. Jesus we love You so much, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus come . . .

Hi everyone!

From a newbie,

Cha

HI and welcome.

I like what Chilli said. God has feelings and emotions too. One thing is for certain with God. He is not the reason we are empty and lonely.

Back