From random praise comes inspiration

From random praise comes inspiration

Well I haven't written any type of poetry for years bu tonight, while on a praise group on Facebook, I ended up with two:
PRAISE YOU LORD
Praise You Lord, for the price you paid for mechandise unfit to own.
Praise You Lord, for tending seeds not worth to sow.
Praise You Lord, for knowing me better than I know you
Praise You Lord, for doing for me, what I could never do
Praise You Lord, for being with me in the storm
Praise You Lord, for Your light, so bright and warm
Praise You Lord, for the joy and hope you bring
Praise You Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace, and King of Kings.

...and then this one, which is really more of freeverse ( I think that's what it would be):

YOU WERE THERE
We once walked in darkness, hands outstretched, searching, feeling for something to be our guide, yet unable to find it. It was when we finally could go no further,exhausted from our futile efforts, when our hands fell to our sides, and in exhaustion that we dropped to our knees, that we heard your voice. That still small voice that filled the blackness. It is when we turned , that we saw your light. But you had been there all along. We could not hear you over our own ramblings, alternating between cursing our predicament and bragging of our abilities to eventually find our way out. We could not see You, because even in the darkness, our eyes were closed in the belief that we did not need to see, and out of fear of what may be lying in wait for us. You were there, waiting, watching, for the perfect moment. You knew when we would hear you, when we would be willing to open our eyes to see You. You knew when we would reach the end of ourselves, and You were there.

Thank you Lord, for all you have done for me. You deserve more praise than our small minds can offer. You gave yourself for us out of love and mercy. I pray that you will show me how I may daily give my life to you. In the name of your son, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Well I haven't written any type of poetry for years bu tonight, while on a praise group on Facebook, I ended up with two:
PRAISE YOU LORD
Praise You Lord, for the price you paid for mechandise unfit to own.
Praise You Lord, for tending seeds not worth to sow.
Praise You Lord, for knowing me better than I know you
Praise You Lord, for doing for me, what I could never do
Praise You Lord, for being with me in the storm
Praise You Lord, for Your light, so bright and warm
Praise You Lord, for the joy and hope you bring
Praise You Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace, and King of Kings.

...and then this one, which is really more of freeverse ( I think that's what it would be):

YOU WERE THERE
We once walked in darkness, hands outstretched, searching, feeling for something to be our guide, yet unable to find it. It was when we finally could go no further,exhausted from our futile efforts, when our hands fell to our sides, and in exhaustion that we dropped to our knees, that we heard your voice. That still small voice that filled the blackness. It is when we turned , that we saw your light. But you had been there all along. We could not hear you over our own ramblings, alternating between cursing our predicament and bragging of our abilities to eventually find our way out. We could not see You, because even in the darkness, our eyes were closed in the belief that we did not need to see, and out of fear of what may be lying in wait for us. You were there, waiting, watching, for the perfect moment. You knew when we would hear you, when we would be willing to open our eyes to see You. You knew when we would reach the end of ourselves, and You were there.

Thank you Lord, for all you have done for me. You deserve more praise than our small minds can offer. You gave yourself for us out of love and mercy. I pray that you will show me how I may daily give my life to you. In the name of your son, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Very nice Steve. Thanks for sharing those with us.

Blessings, Cheri

Back