From The Doctor's Diary-1- Heavenly Help is on the Way

From The Doctor's Diary-1- Heavenly Help is on the Way

We drove to Kottayam (a town in South India) from our home (around 40 kms. away) to get my camera repaired one Friday evening hoping to get it fixed in a day’s time and do some shopping too as time permitted and return home by Saturday evening. We relaxed in the hotel room after giving the camera for repairs leaving the shopping for the morrow as time didn’t permit us to go ahead with that part of our plan. We relaxed in the hotel room and after prayers talked about our plans for the next day.

As we approached the restaurant for breakfast the next morning everything seemed to be unusually quiet.

What’s the matter I asked the manager? Don’t you know? Some political factions have called for a 24 hour strike starting last midnight, he said.
‘So much for our plans, I thought in my mind.â€
All shops closed, vehicles running sparingly and I had to be back home by 6 pm.

I called the camera shop but no one answered the phone. We just walked here and there casually and then retired to our hotel room. I just about managed some snacks for lunch from a shopkeeper who dared to keep his shop open despite the strike. Time seemed to be dragging and the children were restless. By 4pm we just made up our minds- Strike or no strike-let’s go home-we all said.

We prayed yet another prayer (there were several that day) just before we left the hotel room. Half an hour on our journey and I sensed some problem with our car. Something was wrong somewhere and it came as no surprise to me when smoke billowed from the bonnet and the car came to a sudden halt. We were stranded in the true sense of the word with no people around and only an occasional vehicle passing by. I opened the bonnet and let all the smoke escape, looked around but couldn’t spot the trouble. I walked for a distance, found some houses and enquired if there was a workshop or a mechanic nearby.†Strike, no mechanic, workshop closed, only tomorrow†was the reply.

I left my wife and kids and walked off to find someone who could fix the problem. It was getting late and I put up my faith sail high to see where it would lead me. I found an auto rickshaw(3 wheeler vehicle)fellow who was willing to join me in my search and he gave suggestions of people he knew of who could probably help me. We searched for half an hour but couldn’t find anyone. I was returning to the place where I left my wife and kids and was wondering what course of action to take. Couldn’t possibly leave the vehicle here in the midst of nowhere. What else? My mind gave no suggestions as the auto neared the place where I had left my vehicle .I signaled a thumbs down sign to the three who were anxiously waiting for me.

AS YOU HAVE READ TILL HERE CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?
No guesses.
O.K. Here’s the climax that Jesus arranged.

Just as I walked dejectedly towards my wife and little ones a van zoomed past us. It went quite a distance from where we were and then it stopped and came in reverse in great speed and stopped just next to us. Out stepped 10 guys. It was already dark and a small fear crept into me. Good or Bad, don’t know; trust in Jesus my mind said. One of them approached us and asked†What’s the problem? I gave him a brief history.†Let’s see, he said and quite a few of them examined the gadgets under the bonnet.
In no time he proclaimed the diagnosis-fan switch is not working-water got heated excessively so the car stopped because of overheating.
So what’s to be done? I asked meekly.
No problem ,he said and he and his friends set about fixing the thing, giving a direct connection from the battery to the fan, filled the radiator themselves by drawing water from a nearby well ,put the key to the ignition and in no time brought the car back to life. All 4 of us heaved a sigh of relief.

My mind shouted Halleluiah and I smiled and thanked him.
I took some money and gave it to the guy who did most of the work but he did not accept it. He and his friends walked back towards their vehicle. I went after him.†Who are you and how do you’ll know so much about the vehicle, I asked.

Oh! Sorry for not introducing ourselves he said. We all are car mechanics and we had come to Kottayam for a wedding and we were returning after attending the reception. We are getting late, Bye he said and got into their vehicle and took off.

I stood there stunned and speechless for a moment.
All I needed was 1 mechanic and Jesus sent 10.Can you believe it?
And what timing! Just when I had tried my best finding a solution and had failed.

No wonder then that Abraham said-JEHOVAH JIREH
“The Bible says-Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever†(Hebrews 13:8)

Help is already on the way dear friend, in whatever difficult situation that you are in.
Jesus says,†I will never leave you nor forsake youâ€(Hebrews 13:5)

My reasoning is this-Before a child of God falls into a problem, God has already arranged the solution. So be strong and courageous.

Just to make this point clear-Think of Joseph. His brothers threw him into the pit. And after a while the Ishmaelites were there and he was sold to them and taken to Egypt. God had already sent the Ishmaelities while Joseph was being thrown in to the pit.

A God who prepares in advance.
Praise the Lord.
To end the story, we drove back safely home praising God for His faithfulness.

“Remember Heavenly Help on the wayâ€. So do not worry.
“Great is His faithfulnessâ€

I find problems with your statements. We are put on this earth to be tested to see if we are loyal to God.
So you cannot always expect God to help you.

God Is Always Present To Help Us

God is our refuge and strength,an ever-present help in trouble.(Psalms 46:1)

Surely God is my help;the Lord is the one who sustains me. (Psalms 54:4)

God may test man,but that's not the reason why he is put on earth. If that were true, what would be the test for a infant born yesterday and dying today?

John 7:37 (New International Version)

On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.

When you need help, you can approach Jesus and when you do that.....He will help you.

yes i agree mostly with both you. Call upon God and He will help you. But what i mean is you cannot always expect a bolt of thunder destroying danger.

"what would be the test for a infant born yesterday and dying today?" I have no idea please ask God. But it might be a test for the parents?

Also about the thirsty bit we have something similar in the Qur'an. I have a better quote but i cannot seem to find it so here is similar one:
"[39:49] If the human is touched by adversity, he implores us, but as soon as we bestow a blessing upon him, he says, "I attained this because of my cleverness!" Indeed, this is only a test, but most of them do not know."
The verse basically means call on God and He will help you but do not be arrogant.

I love this story and I also believe that God honors our faith.
God blessed Jeremiah and Jeremiah gave him the credit!
Amen!!!

Back