From The Doctor's Diary-5-Slain in the Spirit?

From The Doctor's Diary-5-Slain in the Spirit?

The Truth shall set you free

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

The first time I heard about it, I was both fascinated and intrigued. I was and am always fascinated by the power of the Holy Spirit but this was new. A man filled with so much power so as to be able to blow air from his mouth upon another in front and make him/her fall dawn on the ground. They called it†Slain in the spiritâ€

Wow! This is great; I said then. (This was a few yrs. ago). My wife was averse to the phenomenon saying that it didn’t seem right. But then the, man in question preached the full gospel and seemed to have a genuine experience of God as he spoke and wrote his testimony. His books were and are filled with lectures of the Holy Spirit and the anointing.

1994 was the year and I read a lot about the phenomenon. As much readable material (news abstracts, and books) I could lay my hands on, I read. I searched the Bible for an answer. I wrote an article in a leading Indian Christian magazine (Faith Today) vouching for the genuiness of the phenomenon.

The man in question was coming from the USA to India and a large crusade was arranged in a neighboring state. “This is a mustâ€; we must go; I told my wife. She was not really enthusiastic but still agreed. What made me even surer of this man’s ministry was that another man of God from Chennai had invited him to conduct the “Miracle Crusade†as it was called. I remember a servant of God introducing “the man in question†that 1st day of the crusade as the “Man of God for the hourâ€.

The singing continued long; the man preached only for 20 minutes or so and then announced suddenly “The Holy Spirit†is here. 5 of us had gone as a family seeking for more of God spiritually and physically. The so called healing commenced with the man calling out names of sickness. Some went on stage to give testimonies. And then suddenly it started raining so heavily that everyone scampered helter skelter for cover. But on the beach (where the crusade was held) there was no cover except the sky and most of the 50,000- 1 lakh people were drenched to their bones. We were soaked, the roads were overflowing with water and the traffic jam was bad. To escape the rain’s fury we had to reach the hotel as soon as possible. 3 of us 5 got separated because of the crowd jostling. Later we met together after 1/2 hr. at a road crossing. I rebuked satan for bringing on the rains but today I wonder whether it was really satan/ God who brought on the rains and whom I had rebuked.

Poor discernment I guess; but God is the best teacher. We attended 2 days of crusade meeting and returned back. A year or so passed. My fascination for the man’s ministry grew and I seeked God for similar power. And then one night, 1 yr.after we had gone for the crusade I saw a dream one night. “I saw the man with the great ministry, who blows air to make people fall and speaks a lot of the anointing standing before me smoking a cigarette and me telling him, “That’s not right; that’s against the “Word of Godâ€. He smiled mockingly at me.â€

The next morning I woke up and we (I and my wife) discussed the dream and when we got free time asked the Holy Spirit during prayer to explain the vision. I knew that the smoking of the cigarette was not indicating that he was a smoker but something deeper a mystery. And what the Holy Spirit revealed was so shocking. “The power was not of God but satanic and the Holy Spirit was not involved in the healings. The phenomenon was from evil spirits mimicking the power of God.â€

Later I had questions for God.
Q: How does the man know so much about the Holy Spirit.?
A. He reads and has read a lot of material on the Holy Spirit. So he keeps speaking. He reads and is well versed with the Bible too.

Q. Where from the power then and the miracles?
A. All counterfeit; satanic power manifested to such an extent that even the elite fall for it.

If this was shocking for me, it must be for some of you too. Some of you can’t believe it. Trust the Lord and lean not on your own understanding.

In the book of Malachi we read,
And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not. (Malachi 3:18)

When the man in question motioned with his hands for the Holy Spirit to come on the people, through a vision the Holy Spirit himself revealed several evil spirits being cast at the people seeking the power. The Holy Spirit also revealed the mans quest for more and more satanic power and idols that he worship to get the same. O! What a pity that even God’s servants including me are fooled by such satanic tricks.

These are the last days, dear friend. Even the elite are being deceived by satan coming as an angel of light. If the great man of God who invited that imposter from abroad was deceived, what about the ordinary (Ordinary in the sight of man) Christian.

The deception is very subtle, so one has to have discerning power of Holy Spirit. We can only trust God the Almighty in this matter.
I have been in earshot range ( not gone) of so called Christian conventions held by people who say they too are approved by God when they are still worshipping idols and I have been to and take part in true worship in spirit and in truth. These days the deception is so fine that often a person without discernment of spirits can hardly make out the difference. The singing is great, the preaching alike and the healings are there for everyone to see.

Yet, the truth is that only God can heal.

It’s easy for satan to pull off a trick on a sick person whom he has afflicted. As the false worship reaches the crescendo the evil spirit that has afflicted a part of the sick person’s body just withdraws itself and presto we have a so called healing. The healed person may go off feeling free, only to be afflicted in another way on his person that very day. He takes a new bondage home, so as to say.

Often I have asked the question;
“Why doesn’t God destroy these cheats? The answer is,
“He has made everything beautiful in it’s time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Also that God can bring good out of evil too for He is Master of All and All in All. Praise Him for that.

The days are very evil dear friend. One must be very careful. Trust in the Holy Spirit to lead you to the right place of worship. Wait upon the Lord and He will guide you wonderfully.

As we read in Isaiah 30:21
“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,“This is the way, walk in itâ€.

On the 2nd day of the crusade in ‘95 there was a special meeting for the servants of God. A big bunch from all over India had gathered for special empowering from on high. “What a pity†that none could discern. I was there holding high my wife’s hand when the man said we were going to be filled with heavenly power. As the man showed a throwing action with his hand towards the audience, people literally staggered back. As indication that they were struck by the power. The Holy Spirit explained this: the evil spirit performing this trick uses force to push back the people and they stagger back or fall.

Later we enquired of God about a famed woman evangelist who as the story goes walked through a kitchen and many people including cooks fell under the power.

And in reply the Holy Spirit said, that God does not go about pushing people down to show His power. How true what the great apostle Paul writes to the Corinthians.

“For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their action deserve†(2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

Be on your guard friend. Trust only in Jesus. Let Him guide you continually in these end days, by His Holy Spirit.

The phenomenon of being "slain in the Spirit" is a genuine manifestation of the Holy Spirit. However, it is not a matter of being pushed down. The Holy Spirit seems to come up from inside you and overwhelm you. I've seen many people encountered by the Spirit in such a way that they stagger and/ or collapse to the floor or into a chair. I know people who have experienced such encounters (myself included)who received healings and deliverance from God at such times. I can testify to this because I have become a "fruit inspector" (see Mt 7:16). I've witnessed the changes in their lives.

Of course the phenomenon can be faked. I was in a meeting one time when the "evangelist" hit people in the forehead with the back of his hand hard enough to knock a mule down. When he came by, there was no doubt that you were going to fall.

There is no physical danger for those who are truly encountered by the Holy Spirit. Even if there is no one there to catch them when they fall, their landings are always soft and gentle.

As you said, we need to seek God for discernment on this issue, but I urge you to not turn your back on the idea of being "slain in the Spirit", because the concept is from God and brings much blessing.

SLE :!:

Breath of the 'Spirit'!

Hello!

I have witnessed the 'breath' of God according to scripture!

1Thess. 5:21: Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

It was very infrequent when I ministered in churches or homes.

Possibly 2 times since I have been saved for 27 years.

It was for an individual to receive the 'Baptism of the Holy Ghost'
'with'............... the evidence of 'tongues'.

John 20:22: And when he had said this, he
breathed on them,
and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Mark 16:17: And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak
with new tongues;

I, my family and countless other 'saved' and unsaved' people
have 'fallen' under the Power of Almighty God that was witnessed
by those present.

When the 'flesh' of man comes in contact with the AWESOME
PRESENCE AND POWER OF THE MOST 'HIGH'. IT CANNOT
'STAND' IN 'HIS' GLORY!

1Cor.1:29: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

2Chron. 5:13: It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers
were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and
thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the
trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised
the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for
ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the
house of the LORD;

2Chron.5:14: So that the priests could not stand to minister by
reason of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the
house of God.

John 18:5: They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith
unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him,
stood with them.

John 18:6: As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he,
they went
backward
, and fell to the ground.

God's Presence not a man's trick was evidenced in the above
scriptures!

I rebuked a so-called 'evangelist' in a church one day at a so-called
'Miracle' Service! Well, somebody had to!!! :x

He was 'laying' hands on the sick,... I thought!

When my wife and I looked closer he was 'hitting' them on the
'center-point' on their forehead where a person most
vulnerable to 'fall' back! Some he hit hard!!

From teaching Combat [Non-sports] Martial Arts I know what a
well placed 'palm-heel' strike can do!

I stopped him from doing it again on an innocent victim] Christian!

Everyone stood in shock! I told him " Hey man, why don't you the
next time put on this act, get a small 'trampoline' and place it in
back of the person, so you can keep 'hitting' him and he or she
can 'bounce' back to get 'blessed' again and again and again.......!

He got furious and told me I was " Out of line! "

I told him he was a 'phony' and not of God!!

1Tim. 5:20: Them that sin rebuke before all, that
others also may fear.

I found out a little while later he was totally out of the so-called
'ministry'!

There's a lot of so-called ministers and ministries out there
that we need to 'hang' up and expose as the 'Devil's' frauds! :evil:

God Bless!

Joe

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I believe, there are the true ministers and the false ones too. I also believe, there are true ones who fall for temptations.

Before we can criticize anyone, lets examine and correct ourselves too. ;)

Is being slain in the Spirit biblical?

SpiritLedEd said:
The phenomenon of being "slain in the Spirit" is a genuine manifestation of the Holy Spirit...As you said, we need to seek God for discernment on this issue, but I urge you to not turn your back on the idea of being "slain in the Spirit", because the concept is from God and brings much blessing.

Is being slain in the Spirit biblical?

'Answer: No, being slain in the Spirit is not biblical. Those who practice "slaying in the Spirit" do use Bible passages that talk about people becoming "as dead" (Revelation 1:17) or of falling upon their face (Ezekiel 1:28; Daniel 8:17-18; Daniel 10:7-9). However, there are a number of contrasts between this biblical "falling on one's face" and the unbiblical practice of "being slain in the Spirit."

'1. The biblical falling down was a result of a person's reaction to what he saw in a vision or that was beyond ordinary happenings, such as at the transfiguration of Christ (Matthew 17:6). In the unbiblical practice of "being slain," the person responds to another’s "touch" or to the motion of the speaker's arm.

'2. The biblical instances were few and far between, such that they occurred only rarely in the lives of but a few. In the "being slain" phenomenon, falling down is a weekly event in their churches and an experience that happens to many.

'3. In the biblical instances, the people fall upon their face in awe at either what they see or Who they see. In the "being slain" counterfeit, they fall backwards, either in response to the wave of the speaker's arm or as a result of a church leader's touch (or push in some cases).

'We are not claiming that all examples of being "slain in the Spirit" are fakes or responses to a touch or push. Many people experience an energy or a force that causes them to fall back. We find no Biblical basis for this. Yes, there may be some energy or force involved, but if so, it is very likely not of God and not the result of the working of the Holy Spirit.

'It is unfortunate that people look to such bizarre counterfeits that produce no spiritual fruit rather than pursuing the practical fruit which the Spirit gives us for the purpose of glorifying Christ with our lives (Galatians 5:22-23). Being filled with the Spirit is not evidenced by such counterfeits but by a life that overflows with the Word of God such that the Word spills over in spiritual songs and thanksgiving to God. May Ephesians 5:18-20 and Galatians 5:22-23 so picture our lives!'

The modern ecstatic utterances are actually very far from harmless. It is very dangerous to submit ourselves to the working of a spirit that is not from God.

As I was teaching upon this very subject in Ghana, Africa, I received some very interesting feedback from the group of people with whom I was studying. One man told of an experience that he had with a tongue-speaking church. He and a German friend were standing outside of a church where the members were speaking with ecstatic utterances. The dear people inside the church thought that they were praising and worshipping God. They thought that they were filled with the Holy Spirit and that they had received the true gift of tongues. As the men standing outside visited with each other, the German friend suddenly became very intent on what was going on inside the church. He listened very carefully to what was being said by those who thought that they were praising God with the gift of tongues. He understood what they were saying, because they were speaking in German. None of those inside the church knew German, and they all thought that they were speaking in the "language of heaven." They all thought that they were praising God. Unfortunately, they were not praising or glorifying God. Unbeknownst to them, they were saying, "All the big witches stand up and all the little witches sit down." :eek:

If this were the true gift of tongues would God be communicating to them about witches? Would God inspire people to think that they were praising God, while calling one another witches? No. Even though these people thought that they were praising God, they were doing the opposite. They had good intentions, but the sad fact was, they were speaking through the spirits of demons and not through the Spirit of God. The devil can speak through people today, just as he spoke through people two thousand years ago, when Jesus was here on the earth. The devil is deceiving people today, just as he did then, and it is no less dangerous.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/tongues2.htm

Back