Fruit .... Fruits

Dusty

Inactive
Fruit .... Fruits

Many Christians ( and I am not exempt ) say “ The fruits of the Spirit “ …. But if we really look into Galatians 5: 22-23 ; it specifically says “ fruit

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,. 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

The fruit of the Spirit is “love ‘ . Only as we fulfill the will of God in our lives then the believer becomes , love- inspired , love – mastered, and love – driven . Without the fruit of the Spirit ( love ) we are just religious people without purpose .

Because the fruit of the Spirit is love - then it is manifested in joy , peace , long- suffering , gentleness , goodness , faith , meekness and temperance .

So if we think of the Vine where Jesus says ; He is the Vine and we are the branches ….. John 15:4….Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. We can see that thinking of a fruit tree for example it bears only one kind of fruit . Let’s take the apple for example There are many varieties of apples such as red delicious , granny smith gala etc. but they all bear fruit each on their own tree .

Similarly we are connected to Jesus the Tree of Life or the Vine and we produce one fruit “ The fruit of the Spirit which is " love ." When we have God’s love then we will produce the manifestations of that fruit such as joy , peace , longsuffering , gentleness , goodness , faith , meekness and temperance .

1….. Joy ….. is love’s strength

2…. Peace …. Is love’s security

3…. Long suffering … is love’s patience

4 … Gentleness is love’s conduct.

5…. Goodness …. Is love’s humility

6…. Faith …. Is love’s confidence

7…. Meekness…… is love’s humility

8…. Temperance …. Is love’s victory

The fruit of the Spirit is “love ‘ . Only as we fulfill the will of God in our lives then the believer becomes , love- inspired , love – mastered, and love – driven . Without the fruit of the Spirit ( love ) we are just religious people without purpose .

John 15:4….Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Amen. We can't really love until He lives in us. He is love and lives through us.

We've heard the term ''true love''. He is true love.

Amen! Thanks Dusty.

A long time ago I heard someone teach about the "Fruit of the Spirit", and in that teaching he pointed out "fruit" not "fruits."

Then, he went on to explain that the "fruit" in this scripture is not plural. It is singular. The single fruit is "love" and cannot properly exist or operate without each of its seeds . . . joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

loveitsos.gif

Amen. We can't really love until He lives in us. He is love and lives through us.

We've heard the term ''true love''. He is true love.

I know but because the world throws that word " love " around so much it has become common and when we talk about the Love of God it is so different and I would love to call it " agape love" .... No limits , unconditional .

Amen! Thanks Dusty.

A long time ago I heard someone teach about the "Fruit of the Spirit", and in that teaching he pointed out "fruit" not "fruits."

Then, he went on to explain that the "fruit" in this scripture is not plural. It is singular. The single fruit is "love" and cannot properly exist or operate without each of its seeds . . . joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

loveitsos.gif

Amen IHL .... And that's why it is so important cause I still hear people say " Fruits "

Of course there are many verses about fruit and fruits and the most understandable about the fruit is “ The Fruit of The Spirit “

Just focusing on other verses that talk about “ fruits” …. The fruits of righteousness .

2 Corinthians 9: 10 …. Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.

The KJV says “ Fruits of righteousness . “ . If we are cheerful givers – giving from our hearts we will reap the harvest of our righteousness.

Phil. 1: 11 says …..filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

On the cross Jesus was made sin for the sinner , By faith in Him , the sinner is made righteous with the righteousness of God

James 3:18 ….. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

As we think of righteousness and right living we remember God is righteous . Righteousness means a right relationship with both God and our fellow humans .

I know but because the world throws that word " love " around so much it has become common and when we talk about the Love of God it is so different and I would love to call it " agape love" .... No limits , unconditional .

Usually the first thing a person notices when they recieve the Lord is that Agape love. We're all full with His love toward everyone because now the God who IS love, lives in us.

Wow - thanks Dusty for that! I really needed that. I thought it did say "fruits," but you are indeed correct =)

So, just to see if I understand, the fruit of the Spirit is love. And the love produces the rest: joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,b meekness, and temperance. Right?! Never thought about it like that! Thanks :D

So, just to see if I understand, the fruit of the Spirit is love. And the love produces the rest: joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,b meekness, and temperance. Right?! Never thought about it like that! Thanks :D

That's it , Spinning , you got it .... God Bless.

The bible is such an amazing book.

Did you know we can do that in reverse?

Because of this, make every effort to add integrity to your faith;

and to integrity add knowledge;

to knowledge add self-control;

to self-control add endurance;

to endurance add godliness;

to godliness add Christian affection;

and

to

Christian affection

add

love.

2 Pet 1:5-7

The bible is such an amazing book.

Did you know we can do that in reverse?

Because of this, make every effort to add integrity to your faith;

and to integrity add knowledge;

to knowledge add self-control;

to self-control add endurance;

to endurance add godliness;

to godliness add Christian affection;

and

to

Christian affection

add

love.

2 Pet 1:5-7

Wow, that's cool John

A Tree And it's Fruit

Matthew 7: 15 -23.....

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

There are so many explanations in the Bible about fruit .

The Bible is warning us in this passage about false prophets . When we have the discernment of the Holy Spirit , we will be able to recognize the sheep in wolves"s clothing . We need to discern what they are teaching and line it up with the Word of God . If it does not then ... depart.

Many people claim to be able to perform miracles but don't forget satan can and does these things also . He is the father of all lies and a deceiver.

Just like the fruit tree . It bears only one kind of fruit. and like itsays here - A good tree cannot bear bad fruit - nor can a bad tree bear good fruit .

I do know that the fruit doesn't flow from my own heart, but by the nature the Holy Spirit produces in and through me. As maybe to say that it is like His virtue produced in us.

Christian character is not mere moral or legal correctness, but the manifestation of this fruit.
& may our fruit produce a seed in His likeness.

I do know that the fruit doesn't flow from my own heart, but by the nature the Holy Spirit produces in and through me. As maybe to say that it is like His virtue produced in us.

Christian character is not mere moral or legal correctness, but the manifestation of this fruit.
& may our fruit produce a seed in His likeness.

That's right hesed is the Holy Spirit that produces the good fruit as we stay connected to the Vine . In order to stay connected we need to be close to Jesus . He is the Vine .. we are the branches.

Amen, the Vine is from what flows the nutrient of our life source & all that is produced in and of us. but like with "the knife", sometimes He has to prune us.

Back