Fulfilled Prophecies

Can we share fulfilled prophecies with each other?

Jeremiah 49:15-20 and Ezekiel 25:12-14 describe the desolation of the land of Edom. It was a fertile lush area at the time, occupies by the ancestors of King Herod, but God said He would turn it into a barren uninhabited wasteland. Today this area of Jordan is exactly that. A few nomadic groups occasion the place here and there but no one has ever again settled there. It is a wasteland. Coincidence? Maybe if this was the only such thing but let’s list what we have found or what we now know to be true?

Do you have another? Please share...those who are interested can copy and paste to collect them so they can share with others and with non-believers...

brother Paul

This is a good idea. I always find prophecy difficult to understand and I'm not nearly knowledgeable about anything happening overseas to be helpful in this area. Hopefully more people will post because I'm very interesting in reading about this topic.

Many are being deceived today in the church. Their shepherd claims to be teaching God's true Word, but what we are getting in some cases is that "feel good" teaching or pick and choose. It has to be all of the teaching of Jesus or it is not from God. Jesus said their would be false teachers.
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will know them by their fruits. Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and do many mighty works in Your Name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you evildoers.'" (Matthew 7:15-23 RSV)
http://www.keyway.ca/htm2000/20000604.htm

Here are several with an explanation from my study (the numbers are references):

bring your sons from afar

Isaiah 60:9 “Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.”

Tarshish in the Scriptures is modern-day Spain. You may not see it, but this verse also has been fulfilled. Many years before the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem, an explorer, wanting to preach the Gospel to the heathens, set about to find a way to the Orient. This man was Christopher Columbus. Because of what he did, without knowing what he had done, what he had found, or where he had been, started the fulfillment of this prophecy. After failing to secure funds from Italy or Portugal, he looked to the Spanish. Wanting to expand and gain wealth, the Spanish Monarchs supported Columbus’ exploration. In 1492, after the Edict of Expulsion of the Jews, he set sail due west.

“Columbus was driven more by prophecy than astronomy. He compiled a collection of Biblical passages in his Libro de las Profecias, Book of Prophecies: Proverbs 8:27, which speaks of the earth's surface as being curved; Isaiah 40:22, the spherical earth; and the ocean currents in Isaiah 43:16. He would later describe his discovery of the New World as "the fulfillment of what Isaiah prophesied," from Isaiah 24:15, "...isles beyond the sea," and Isaiah 60:6.

“Aside from their being Conversos, these were not ordinary Spaniards. Santangel was a member of one of the wealthiest and most influential families in Spain, as well as the King's personal advisor. Juan Cabrero was Ferdinand's intimate friend who had fought by the King against the Muslims. Gabriel Sanchez was the Chief Treasurer of Spain. They offered to finance Columbus' project and it was accepted. Some scholars believe that Santangel and his associates were willing to finance Columbus in the hope of finding a new Promised Land to which they might emigrate and escape the pressure of the Church.” 113

Because Columbus discovered America, the Lord’s timetable was set in motion for the birth of the United States, who, one day, would be instrumental in the birth of Israel! (This will be expanded on later.) This timetable is clearly understood by the first part of the verse “…the isles shall wait for me…”. After setting sail, Columbus restocked in the Canary Islands, then continued due west. Next, he landed in what is today The Bahamas. He continued on and found Cuba and then on to Hispaniola (Haiti and Dominican Republic) and finally back to Spain in March 1493. Even on his second and third voyage he discovered more islands until Venezuela. His fourth voyage finally found Central America.114 And it started in Tarshish first!

strangers shall build up the walls

Isaiah 60:10 “And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.”

Ottoman Sultan Suleiman Irebuilt the walls around Jerusalem from 1535-1538115 fulfilling this prophecy.

Eastern Gate will be sealed

Ezekiel 44:1-3 “Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it was shut. Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. It is for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall go out by the way of the same.”

As prophesied, the Lord, the God of Israel, Jesus, has entered in by the eastern gate! Typical of unbelievers, in 1541 AD Ottoman Sultan Suleiman I116 sealed off the Golden Gate in to prevent the Messiah's entrance! Being ignorant of the truth, he clearly did not read the verses below.

Luke 19:35-38 “And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon. And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way. And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.”

Matthew 21:8-10 “And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?”

Zechariah 9:9 “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.”

He also built a cemetery there, in the Kidron valley to “ensure” the Jewish Messiah would not enter the gate. This too is a fulfilled prophecy.

Jeremiah 31:40 “And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.”

Jerusalem will be saved by the air

Isaiah 31:4-5 “For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.”

Everyone is familiar with the Wright Brothers’ obsession with flight. They made their first successful flight on 17 December 1903, at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. However, not many understand their required failures to fulfill the Lord’s will. For example, when they tried to get the Congress of the United States to purchase their “flyer”, Congress rejected the idea in January 1905. Undaunted, the Wright Brothers turned to Europe and by 1908 had wowed the French. Ironically, due to the threat of the German Zeppelins, both England and France were eager to put “flyers” into the air. When the time came to fight the Ottoman Empire (because they sided with the Germans in World Word I) Britain had airplanes that were unopposed in Egypt and successfully defended the Suez Canal in 1914.117 When tasked to take Palestine, as the story118goes, that while reading his bible, he read the verse in Isaiah. Being a British subject, he knew that the symbol of the Empire is a lion120 from King Richard the Lion Heart. General Allenby, due to bad weather, flew a lone plane117 to scout out Jerusalem. Tossing a note to the awestruck Turks (having never seen a plane), told them to surrender. When they saw the signature Allenby, they read it as Allah Nebi, meaning “Prophet of God”! In 1917, not 14 years after the world’s first flight, General Allenby took the city of Jerusalem without firing a shot and walked into Jerusalem on 11 December 1917, the first day of Hanukkah, and on the same day, the Maccabee brothers entered Jerusalem in 165 BC. Clearly, Allenby’s actions of passing over Jerusalem, preserved it!! The Lord used Allenby to fulfill Isaiah 31:4-5!!! Glory to God!!

Hebrew will be spoken

Zephaniah 3:9 “For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.”

Eliezer ben Yehuda was born in Lithuania on January 7, 1858. In 1877, while attending a Russian gymnast school, Russia proclaimed it stood with the Ottoman Empire in the hopes of freeing the Slavs, the Bulgarians, and gain their independence from the Turks. This intrigued Elierzer with the idea that the Jews could have their own land and their own language – Hebrew. Most Jews learned Hebrew as a written language, but hardly any spoke Hebrew. In addition, the language was limited to what was written in the Scriptures. Therefore, Hebrew lacked any of the modern words like fashion, newspaper, and soldier. He was so convinced that the written language could be used by a society that when he had children, they only spoke Hebrew.121 After years of work, he publish a dictionary and in the introduction wrote:

“If a language which has stopped being spoken, with nothing remaining of it save what remains of our language – (if there is such a language) can return and be the spoken tongue of an individual for all necessities of his life, there is no room for doubt that it can become the spoken language of a community.”121

The article continues about the Ben-Yehuda family: “They passed on Hebrew to their children in the home, and in the kindergartens and schools they set up throughout the country. Thus, within a biblical generation, in the forty years from 1881 to 1921, a core of young, fervent Hebrew-language speakers was formed, with Hebrew as the unique symbol of their linguistic nationalism. This fact was acknowledged by the British mandate authorities, who on November 29, 1922, recognized Hebrew as the official language of the Jews in Palestine. The Hebrew revival was now complete, and Ben-Yehuda's lifelong dream had been fulfilled. Sadly, and perhaps significantly, only one month later, he succumbed to the tuberculosis which had stalked him ever since his Paris days.”121

Thanks to Ben-Yehuda, knowingly or not, he fulfilled the prophecies of the book of Revelation of Jesus Christ. John wrote in Revelation 9:11; 16:16, “whose name in the Hebrew tongue” and “a place called in the Hebrew tongue” concerning the last days. By implication, these words were prophetic, considering Hebrew was not a used language outside religious events.

My knee-jerk response to your post Freedom, was "what the heck?" Then I thought about it and I have to say, this is a prophecy that has come true! But I expect it to get worse, not better.

More:

Holocaust

Deuteronomy 28:62 “And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.”

Deuteronomy 28:66-67 “And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life: In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.”

Some rabbis122 agree that these verses speak of the holocaust they endured, even some survivors described their conditions, exactly as Deuteronomy 28:67 states, in poems and stories.123 The Nuremburg trials124 convicted twelve Nazis to death, but only ten made it to the gallows. Some have made comparisons to the story of Esther where Haman used the ego of the king to trick him into making a law condemning all the Jews to death. In preparation for the day Haman could kill Mordecai, Haman made gallows 75 feet tall. The king found out the truth, and Haman was hung on his own gallows as well as his ten sons.

Esther 9:13 “Then said Esther, If it please the king, let it be granted to the Jews which are in Shushan to do to morrow also according unto this day's decree, and let Haman's ten sons be hanged upon the gallows.”

Esther 9:25 “But when Esther came before the king, he commanded by letters that his wicked device, which he devised against the Jews, should return upon his own head, and that he and his sons should be hanged on the gallows.”

Israel is born in a day and The land would again be called “Israel”

Ezekiel 37:21 “And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:”

Isaiah 66:8-9 “Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.”

By declaration of the United Nations on 14 May 1948, Israel became a nation, at 6:00 pm Eastern Time, and at 6:11 pm, Harry S Truman recognized the State of Israel.125 Debate on the name raged on, Palestine?, Zion?, Judea?, until Pres. Truman scratched out the pseudo name and hand wrote “State of Israel”!

Evidence of God’s Promise
Genesis 12:3 “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”

It is my firmest belief that Great Britain was blessed of God because of her integrity and faith in Jesus Christ; so much a blessing that English became the de facto language of the planet, largely due to the spread of the Gospel and the King James Bible. Thanks to Great Britain, the gospel was preached around the world and therefore the sun never set on the British Empire. Satan would not idly stand by and watch it happen without reprisals. Slowly, over 400 years he has managed to erode the fervor of obeying and following Jesus, to the point they refused to help make Israel a nation. The Israelis had to hold the Balfour Declaration over the heads. Finally, in 1947, Britain turned over the mandate to the United Nations.126 Britain would allow the Arabs to own and carry weapons, but the forbid Jews. After World War II, the British cut off the flow of immigration to Israel, and believe it or not, they put them into camps on Cypress!127 The British also ignored the daily attacks by the Arabs to a defenseless people. When Israel declared Israel a sovereign state, five Arab armies attacked (Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon and Iraq).128 With God’s help and two French World-War-I cannons129, Israel defeated the Arabs and survived! The map130 to the left is of what the United Nations wanted to do the land pure anti-Semitism. None of the Jewish parts of the land was given to the Jews.

With their abandonment of Israel and treating the Jews with such evil by putting them in camps after the holocaust, it’s no wonder God’s blessings have been removed. Today, the island of Great Britain has all but fractured into their old states. In 1998, Scotland reinstated their parliament after 291 years to control their own fate.131 It is heart breaking that today, the United States, under President Obama, is trying to carve up Israel to allow a people who have no claim on the land to become a nation at the cost of the only truly democratic nation in the Middle East.132

Zechariah 12:3,9 “And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people; … And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.”

America, after 9/11, is not just fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan any more, but in U.S. courts. In the November elections of 2010, 70% of Oklahoma voters accepted an Oklahoma constitutional amendment that would prohibit state courts from considering international or Islamic law when deciding cases. A judge blocked the amendment as unconstitutional until a hearing is completed.133 Activist judges and unethical banks will destroy America.

Israel will be one nation – no longer two (Israel and Judah)

Ezekiel 37:22 “And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:”

Remember they used to be “Judah” – 2 tribes and “Israel” – 10 tribes, and today it is just “Israel”.

Latter days they will have no king

Hosea 3:4-5 “For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.”

This was written after they had returned from Babylon – so “return” from where? After WWII they returned to Israel as promised. Today they have a president and a prime minister. They have no temple, so no sacrifice, nor an image of the temple, nor the tools used by the high priest. Soon they will thanks to the Temple Institute.

Jerusalem shall no longer be divided

Zechariah 8:6-8 “Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.”

In 1967 Israel was attacked again by the Arabs and after six days Israel took the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank including the rest of Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The “east country” and the “west country” became one just as prophesied.

streets filled with children playing

Zechariah 8:5 “And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.”

The gates will remain open

Isaiah 60:11-12 “Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.”

Since Israel took possession of Jerusalem, the gates will never shut,135 day nor night (save the Eastern Gate which was sealed by the Turks).

Desert blossom as the rose

Isaiah 35:1 “The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.”

Because there is a hidden understanding written within the Hebrew, below is the same verse with Strong’s words.

Isaiah 35:1 The wilderness מדברand the solitary place ציהshall be glad שושfor them; and the desert ערבהshall rejoice גיל, and blossom פרחas the rose חבצלת.

Strong’s Definition:

Desertערבה‘aravah’ pronounce ‘ar-aw-vaw’

from 6150 (in the sense of sterility); a desert; especially (with the article prefix) the (generally) sterile valley of the Jordan and its continuation to the Red Sea:--Aravah, champaign, desert, evening, heaven, plain, wilderness

image056.png

Along the border with Jordan, there runs highway 90 from northern Israel all the way to the Red Sea; Isaiah 35:8 “And an highway shall be there…“ On this highway are Ein Gedi, next to the Dead Sea, and Eilat down by the Red Sea. Using Google Maps, you’ll find many farms all along this road. Several are even fish farms.

Now read the rest of Isaiah 35. I’ll point out a few things:

Isaiah 35:7 “And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.”

image059.png

image062.png

These are photos137 of some of the farms from Arava region. It’s so very exciting to see the Lord bless Israel. There are great photos and information on biblical locations online at http://www.bibleplaces.com/.

Isaiah 27:6 “He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.”

Today, Israel is a major exporter of fruits and vegetables. 138 Due to political and climatological reasons, the export fluctuates. Though I mention this as a fulfillment of prophecy, I truly believe this is at the least, a start. Just twenty years ago, most of farms in Arava did not exist. The issue is water. Think about it, Arava is translated in the King James as desert because that is what it is. Over time, soon, the area will transform when water becomes more abundant.

image064.png

Several years ago, the USGS139 told Israel they thought that there might be oil under this area, so Israel drilled a hole 1500 feet down and they struck water. A man-made lake140 – but I believe it’s a fulfillment. Notice the reeds. From this pool, they irrigate many farms that grow everything year round because the water is 72°F year-round.

Last edited:
Last one:

Last days two seas

The Dead Sea has become two seas…in fulfillment of prophecy:

Ezekiel 47:8-11 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.”

In order for the verse eight to be fulfilled, verse eleven needs to be in place. Over the last sixty years, this has been happening. Notice that by 2001 (even until today) the lower part of the Dead Sea has become a salt farm “… they shall be given to salt.” Even some maps141 don’t show the lower part as being part of the Dead Sea.

image066.png

The top part has not yet been healed, but when the feet of Jesus touch the Mt. of Olives, it will split north and south creating an east-west valley. Perry Stone mentioned that a huge reservoir deep under Mt. Moria.

Zechariah 14:4 “And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.”

Joel 3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.”

Shittim142 is in Moab, which is today, Jordan. The “house of the Lord” is on the temple mount and the Mt. of Olives is just east of it.

Jerusalem will become a controversy

Zechariah 12:2-3 “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.”

There is no denying the fact that the entire world is focusing on one city - Jerusalem! Of which there is NO logic whatsoever as to why, except that it is a spiritual battle. Though this verse was written over 2500 years ago, it is only NOW being fulfilled. Read the headlines of any newspaper today and you’ll usually see something on Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:9 “And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.”

I urge you to pay attention to cause and effect, especially concerning the United States and Israel. Here is a perfect example:

· 8 Aug 2005: U.S. pressures Israel to pull out of Gaza143

· 15 Aug 2005: Israel begins to pull out of Gaza forcing settlers out144

· 23 Aug 2005: Hurricane Katrina forms145

· 24 Aug 2005: Israel pullout completes Gaza withdrawal146

· 24 Aug 2005: U.S. pressures Israel to resume roadmap plan147

· 26 Aug 2005: Sharon faces the battle of his political life against Netanyahu148

· 26 Aug 2005: Oil hits a record high at $68/barrel149

· 29 Aug 2005: Katrina hits New Orleans150 – 28 levees fail (over 50 in the ensuing days)151

· 4 Jan 2006: Ariel Sharon has massive stroke leaving him in a permanent vegetative state152

The area devastated by hurricane Katrina totals 90,000 square miles encompassing parts of three states (164 square miles for every square mile of Gaza153). By contrast, the whole of the British Island, comprising England, Wales and Scotland, is only 84,400 square miles.154 1836 people die because of Katrina.155

Here’s another example:

· 30 Mar 2010: Netanyahu snubbed at the White House while Obama goes to dinner156, 157

· 10 Apr 2010: Israel will not attend the Obama Nuclear Arms Summit in fears the US will force Israel158

· 19 Apr 2010: Obama and Israel: Showdown at the UN (U.S. will not rubber-stamp a veto on non-Israeli friendly votes)159

· 20 Apr 2010: Israel warns of a nuclear race in the Middle East is Iran is allowed to have the bomb160

· 21 Apr 2010: US will not attack Iran on nuclear issue, leaves Israel to make a unilateral decision, which without US support will fail161

· 21 Apr 2010: US to allow a nuclear Iran162

· 21 Apr 2010: Oil Rig explodes off coast of Louisiana, 11 killed163

· 29 Apr 2010: Obama warns Israel and PA to do nothing to stop peace process164

· 29 Apr 2010: Gulf Oil slick: Businesses Brace for the worse165

· 29 Apr 2010: Oil Slick makes landfall166

Here is yet another example:

· 21 Jun 2010: US angry with the continued building in East Jerusalem167

· 22 Jun 2010: Israel's feeling of isolation is becoming more pronounced168

· 24 Jun 2010: Obama calls Gaza situation ‘unsustainable’169

· 24 Jun 2010: A 100-yard-wide tornado with winds of at least 100 mph rips through Bridgeport causing massive damage170

“Shekel” will be used

Ezekiel was being shown the end-days temple and in it, they will use the Shekel.

Ezekiel 45:12 “And the shekel shall be twenty gerahs: twenty shekels, five and twenty shekels, fifteen shekels, shall be your maneh.”

The rates on 13 Nov 2010 was 1.00 USD = 3.67250 ILS.171 When the last temple existed in 70 AD, the people didn’t use shekels, but Roman coins.

Luke 20:24-25 “Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's. And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.”

Tourist will take dust from Israel

Psalms 102:13-14 “Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come. For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.”

Perry Stone comments on his weekly television program how the people on his tours are always picking up stones, or scooping up dirt. When asked, they always reply, “To take home of course.” He has also commented how the airport security has asked him the same question about his group. He should just quote them Psalms 102:14! The tourism of Israel is about 2.7 million visitors, 54% are Christians.172

Last edited:
Specific Future Prophecies Concerning Israel
First things first:

II Peter 1:20 “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.”

This means that only the result of prophecy is given, how it gets that way is anybody’s guess. For example, we don’t know exactly when or how the third Temple will be erected, but it will be built and without the outer court, which will be given to the Gentiles. The politics and construction time are not known from scripture. Therefore, when I present the prophecies below, it’s because “I” believe the stage is set for these to happen – if for no other reason, non-Christians are talking about them.

Enemies of Israel will try to destroy her

Your first response is probably more like “well duh!” but you have to understand, until Israel became a nation, this wasn’t possible. Ezekiel 38 and 39 give many specific prophecies about a multi-nation attack on Israel and Israel will win. How do we know it hasn’t happened already? Well because within these chapters, it states Israel will take seven years to burn all the weapons (Ezekiel 39:9) without cutting down the trees, and a sixth of the army will be killed and it will take seven months to bury the dead (v11).

Ezekiel 39:9-11 “And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years: So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.”

Damascus will cease to be a city

Seeing how that Syria and Damascus are not mentioned in the group of attackers, it may be because of Isaiah 17.

Isaiah 17:1-3 “The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.”

Seeing how Damascus is the oldest city173, and continuously inhabited city174, this specific prophecy has not yet happened. Iran supplies Syria with arms who then turn and give it to Hezbollah in Lebanon. With a recent buildup of missiles, Israel warned Syria on 18 April 2010, that if Hezbollah attacks Israel, Israel would attack Damascus175. With the open secret that Israel has nuclear weapons, imagination is no longer needed to see how this could play out.

Oil in Israel

Deuteronomy 33:24-25 “And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil. Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.”

image068.png
image070.png

Notice Asher is the yellow outline just below Tyre in the map above. The map to the right shows current oil and gas fields and the area that the United State Geological Survey (USGS) estimates a mean of 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil and 122 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas in the Levant Basin.176 This is about 68% the size of the Saudi oil field.177

In verse 25, the word for “shoe” is מִנְעָלֶךָ, which is the only time it is used in Scripture. This word has a double meaning in that it means shoe, but also bolt. Oilrigs are made of steel. Steel is an alloy of iron and other metals. To cap off a well, brass tools or paraffin-coated tools are used in order to prevent a catastrophic spark.178 It is my belief that the “shoes” are rigs and that oil will be found soon in that region. In fact, there is a Christian company doing just that: Zion Oil (stock quote ZN, site: http://www.zionoil.com).

image072.png

Jerusalem Bus – Mar 2010179

Third Temple will be rebuilt

Ezekiel 37:27-28 “My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.”

Revelation 11:1-2 “And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

In March 2010, Jerusalem buses were advertising to stir up support to pressure the government to rebuild the temple. The poster reads, “May the Bait HaMikdosh be rebuilt speedily and within our days.”179

There is a split among the religious leaders about rebuilding the temple. Some say that the Messiah comes and then it is rebuilt. Still, others believe that the temple needs to be rebuilt so that the Messiah will come. Whatever the order, it will be rebuilt and the antichrist will desecrate it.

Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.”

Mark 13:14 “But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:”

In order for the sacrifices to cease, then there must be a temple. Some say this event happened in 167 BC when Antiochus IV Epiphanes (ca. 215–164 BCE) outlawed the daily sacrifices, feasts and Sabbaths were outlawed.180 But the fact that Jesus warned when you see this happening flee to the mountains. Jesus was born 160 years after this time, so the event is still future. There is an organization already in Jerusalem called the Temple Institute.181 The institute is dedicated to every aspect of the Scriptural commandment to build the Holy Temple of God on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem. Since they are the ones dedicated to rebuilding the temple, they have many very interesting articles worth reading; such as the ashes of a red heifer. Numbers 19 describes the required sacrifice. They claim that is it not a requirement to have the ashes of the previous heifer (though it would be nice) in order to rebuild the temple. They also point out that Maimonides stated that the tenth red heifer would be accomplished by the Messiah182 – could this be the antichrist? They also state that nine red heifers have already been sacrifice since the first one completed by Moses.

Abdicate...this was a great example...some of these however are still as yet future and IMO some are just that...opinion (like Zech. 12:9) but thanks there are so many yet to be mentioned I hope others weigh in. Fulfilled prophecy speaks so loudly to the prescient nature of our God and His word...

Abdicate...this was a great example...some of these however are still as yet future and IMO some are just that...opinion (like Zech. 12:9) but thanks there are so many yet to be mentioned I hope others weigh in. Fulfilled prophecy speaks so loudly to the prescient nature of our God and His word...

I got the popcorn, Paul...give us some more :) I really did like Abdicates posts, tho I agree that some I have to cogitate on more.

Genesis 15:13 says “And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years

References to their stay in Egypt say 430 years but the first 30 were spent in bliss under the Pharaoh of Joseph’s time while 400 years they were afflicted under strict bondage.

Here's a short one I put together several years ago for a church bulletin insert. Just some scripture and a quote from wikipedia...

King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold.
- Daniel 3:1
..and the king answered and said, “Is not this great Babylon, which I have built by my mighty power ... for the glory of my majesty?”
- Daniel 4:30
And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the splendor and pomp of the Chaldeans, will be like Sodom and Gomorrah when God overthrew them. It will never be inhabited or lived in for all generations; ...
- Isaiah 13:19-20a
“In 1983, Saddam Hussein started rebuilding the city on top of the old ruins (because of this, artifacts and other finds may well be under the city by now), investing in both restoration and new construction. He inscribed his name on many of the bricks in imitation of Nebuchadnezzar. One frequent inscription reads:

"This was built by Saddam Hussein, son of Nebuchadnezzar, to glorify Iraq". This recalls the ziggurat at Ur, where each individual brick was stamped with "Ur-Nammu, king of Ur, who built the temple of Nanna". These bricks became sought after as collectors' items after the downfall of Hussein, and the ruins are no longer being restored to their original state. He also installed a huge portrait of himself and Nebuchadnezzar at the entrance to the ruins, and shored up Processional Way, a large boulevard of ancient stones, and the Lion of Babylon, a black rock sculpture about 2,600 years old.”

“When the Gulf War ended, Saddam wanted to build a modern palace, also over some old ruins; it was made in the pyramidal style of a Sumerian ziggurat. He named it Saddam Hill. In 2003, he was ready to begin the construction of a cable car line over Babylon when the invasion began and halted the project.”

I find it interesting how Saddam, identifying himself as Nebuchadnezzar, sought glory for his kingdom... and then his rule ended.

The article goes on to say UN officials and Iraqi leader have plans to restore Babylon as a cultural center. I wonder how that fits into the prophesied category of 'inhabited or lived in'? Guess we'll see what happens.

Zechariah 11:12-13 is fulfilled in Matthew 27:3-10 Messiah sold out for the price of a slave, but the money was not kept instead it was used to buy a burial place for the poorest of the poor...a potter's field...

Jeremiah 49:15-20 and Ezekiel 25:12-14 describe the desolation of the land of Edom. It was a fertile lush area at the time, occupies by the ancestors of King Herod, but God said He would turn it into a barren uninhabited wasteland. Today this area of Jordan is exactly that. A few nomadic groups occasion the place here and there but no one has ever again settled there. It is a wasteland. Coincidence? Maybe if this was the only such thing but let’s list what we have found or what we now know to be true?

Do you have another? Please share...those who are interested can copy and paste to collect them so they can share with others and with non-believers...

brother Paul

IMO, the most unique fulfilled prophecy was given by Daniel.

Daniel 9:25-26
"Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. 26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its[end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed".

Some time before 500 B.C. the prophet Daniel proclaimed that Israel's long-awaited Messiah would begin his public ministry 483 years after the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. He further predicted that the Messiah would be "cut off," killed, and that this event would take place prior to a second destruction of Jerusalem.

Real factual documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ. The decree regarding the restoration of Jerusalem was issued by Persia's King Artaxerxes to the Hebrew priest Ezra in 458 B.C., 483 years later the ministry of Jesus Christ began in Galilee. (Remember that due to calendar changes, the date for the start of Christ's ministry is set by most historians at about 26 A.D. Also note that from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. is just one year.) Jesus' crucifixion occurred only a few years later, and about four decades later, in 70 A.D. came the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus.

The actual death of Jesus was predicted by Daniel and was fulfilled to the exact number of days predicted.

brother Paul

In approximately 700 B.C. the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of Israel's Messiah (Micah 5:2). The fulfillment of this prophecy in the birth of Christ is one of the most widely known and widely celebrated facts in history.

Micah 5:2
"But thou Beth-lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth, unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose going forth have been from old, from everlasting".

The odds from Las Vagas for that to happen are placed at 1 in 10 to the 5th power.

I got the popcorn, Paul...give us some more :) I really did like Abdicates posts, tho I agree that some I have to cogitate on more.

I think that they ALL need more cogitating.

If my memory is correct........(no laughing) every single Biblical prophecy given in the Bible has come to pass except the Rapture.

Feel free to correct me............all the Biblical prophecies yet to come, are actually after the Rapture which appears to happen in the Revelation 4:1.

Not saying it is, only that it appears to be.

Then once the Rapture takes place, everything else comes within the last 7 years which is the Tribulation Period.

Back