Gal 2:15-21

Galatians 2:15-21

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
15 We who are Jews by birth and not “Gentile sinners” 16 know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ.[a] And we have believed in Christ Jesus so that we might be justified by faith in Christ[b] and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will[c] be justified. 17 But if we ourselves are also found to be “sinners” while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter[d] of sin? Absolutely not! 18 If I rebuild the system[e] I tore down, I show myself to be a lawbreaker. 19 For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ[f] 20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body,[g] I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

15 The Jews viewed that they were better because they were Jewish. They viewed that Gentiles were unworhty of Christ. Both Jews and Gentiles are unworthy of Christ that is why He came by grace because none deserve Him.

16 We are accepted by God because of our faith. We should not be concerned with being accepted by man our following after man made religion. We should only be concerned with seeking after relationship with God and the rest will be taken care of by our relationship. If we are in the right relationship with God we then will know what we are to do and what we are to avoid.

17 We should not promote sin as believers because Christ don't. Christ forgives sin and moves His people away from sin and closer to Him. We should be forgiving as Christ is and we should influence people to follow after Him.

18 Christ fulfilled the law for someone to follow after Him and then tell them they have to follow after the laws of Moses would be a step backwards not ahead. It would be like being bound then let go and going back and binding yourself again. The were free from the law and they went back under the bondage of the law.

19 We are to die to sin. We will sin from time to time but we will not dwell after sin and be bond the sin.

20 We should live for Christ and not for self. There should be a change in our life after coming to Christ. We should live a life that shows people Christ. We are the closest thing to Christ some people may come to know.

21 If one had to continue to keep the law then Christ coming would have no meaning because they were living by the law before Christ came and if He did not come all we still have to live by the law. We are not able to live by any law that will make us good enough for God this is why Christ came to die so by Him we are made good enough for a relationship by faith with the Lord.

Back