Gal 5:11-12

Galatians 5:11-12
King James Version (KJV)
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Galatians 5:11-12
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
11 Now brothers, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12 I wish those who are disturbing you might also get themselves castrated!
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 Jesus died on the cross to allow sinners to receive salvation. No one can keep the law perfectly. Being circumcised is to go back underneath the law and being rebound to it when Christ set you free. Many today our circumcised but this is for health reasons not religious reasons. We are not made to keep the law but, made for fellowship with God which comes thru Jesus as Lord and is made best by following God’s will.

12 The people were making a problem and excluding them because they had circumsion and they did not. Paul is not being completely spiteful here but, is saying it is better that they have no ability to make it an issue. To many times we today let an issue similar to this separate us within the faith. They are some still today that teach we need to follow Jesus and… But the bible teaches if we follow Jesus, He will lead us where we need to go.

Back