Gal 5:19-21

Galatians 5:19-21
King James Version (KJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious, sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, 21 envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. I tell you about these things in advance—as I told you before—that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thought, please share yours.

19 The works of the flesh are things we as believers should no longer do, now that we are no longer in the flesh but in the Spirit. We will still sin as believers but are sins will no longer be our master because Christ is now our Lord. The sins of the flesh are often something that people fall to. The flesh desires sexually activity but we as believers are not to come to the sin that can be associated with sex. Such sexually sins maybe fine in the world values but are against biblical values. Sex is for within marriage, husband and wife and any thing else is sin.

20 Putting anything before the Lord is idolatry. It can be putting things as work and family before our relationship with God, this would be idolatry. Magic is of the devil, there is no white magic, now this is not referring to doing illusions but actual casting spells. Hatred is not of God and can lead to physical actions such as assault and even murder. Hate does not show the love of Jesus that we are to show as we share the truth. We as believers should not seek to argue but be peaceful; this does not mean we are not to stand for the truth because we should stand for the truth. We should not allow little things to divide us as believers but remain united in Christ our Lord. Jealousy can lead to such sins as thief. We are to be happy as believers with the blessings God has already given us. We as believers should be able to tame are angry, this does not mean we won’t get angry, Jesus over threw the tables out of angry; we are to have justified anger. Things that make us angry are things we should give to the Lord. Anger something that can lead to further sins as well. We should not seek to please our self but seek to please God. We as believers are not to cause divisions or have divisions, unless it is the darkness separating from the light.

21 The world will live by these sins and us as believers should not live by them but give them up to serve the Lord. We as believers are to allow the difference between us and the world is our witness. The Lord will change us from one who seeks the flesh to one who seeks Him.

King James Version (KJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious, sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, 21 envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. I tell you about these things in advance—as I told you before—that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thought, please share yours.

19 The works of the flesh are things we as believers should no longer do, now that we are no longer in the flesh but in the Spirit. We will still sin as believers but are sins will no longer be our master because Christ is now our Lord. The sins of the flesh are often something that people fall to. The flesh desires sexually activity but we as believers are not to come to the sin that can be associated with sex. Such sexually sins maybe fine in the world values but are against biblical values. Sex is for within marriage, husband and wife and any thing else is sin.

20 Putting anything before the Lord is idolatry. It can be putting things as work and family before our relationship with God, this would be idolatry. Magic is of the devil, there is no white magic, now this is not referring to doing illusions but actual casting spells. Hatred is not of God and can lead to physical actions such as assault and even murder. Hate does not show the love of Jesus that we are to show as we share the truth. We as believers should not seek to argue but be peaceful; this does not mean we are not to stand for the truth because we should stand for the truth. We should not allow little things to divide us as believers but remain united in Christ our Lord. Jealousy can lead to such sins as thief. We are to be happy as believers with the blessings God has already given us. We as believers should be able to tame are angry, this does not mean we won’t get angry, Jesus over threw the tables out of angry; we are to have justified anger. Things that make us angry are things we should give to the Lord. Anger something that can lead to further sins as well. We should not seek to please our self but seek to please God. We as believers are not to cause divisions or have divisions, unless it is the darkness separating from the light.

21 The world will live by these sins and us as believers should not live by them but give them up to serve the Lord. We as believers are to allow the difference between us and the world is our witness. The Lord will change us from one who seeks the flesh to one who seeks Him.
Hi Clark, good analysis.

I would only add 2 Cor 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. Sure we are new creations, washed clean and walk in the spirit. It is now against our nature to sin. But we must still grasp that we carry the flesh with us. We are still in the world. We will always be battling with the flesh. Hence this scripture is important to remember. We are going from glory to glory. Not 'sinners' to glory. But ''glory'' to glory.

Hence, we need to gauge the level of rebellion in every sin we commit. Judge ourselves / work out our salvation daily in fear and trembling before God. There are degrees of sexual sin for example. We all think adultery in our mind everyday. But yet we are still saved.

Last edited:
How do you shine Jesus' light in yourself? Or, if I did not frame that question just right for your theology, "How does Jesus shine His light through you?" Got a real answer, or just an evasion?

By speaking the truth. The Truth that Jesus speak is spoken in Love.

13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ-- 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. Ephesians 4:13-16

JLB

Woops. Looks like you are being evasive to what I asked. That's okay. It means your answer would have been as unimpressive as is your evasiveness here. Lol.
How do you shine Jesus' light in yourself? Or, if I did not frame that question just right for your theology, "How does Jesus shine His light through you?" Got a real answer, or just an evasion?
So, you shine God's Light by merely talking? Interesting. James wrote God's Word that faith without deeds is dead. Is your faith dead or alive?

Have you ever read Matthew 5:16?

Seriously? In what world do you think this is appropriate behavior. I have yet to see anything friendly about a single one of your posts.

Back