Gal 6:12-13

Galatians 6:12-13
KJV(i)12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

NSB(i)12 Those who desire to make a showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised. This is done so they may not be persecuted for the stake of Christ. 13 For not even those who receive circumcision obey the Law. They desire to have you circumcised, that they may boast in your flesh.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 We as people want to have others like us and to be pleased with us often but it is ore important to please the Lord than to please man. Man will teach we have to do this or we have to that to receive Jesus as Lord but all we have to do is follow Him. Jesus fulfilled the law so we do not have to. We died so we are made free from the law. These men were trying to teach that these others needed to take on the law and by doing so they needed to be circumcised, so they could become the chosen people but, when we come to the foot of the cross we are all chosen. They lived still by the law because they wanted to continue to believe they were better than others because of things they have done, we are made better because of what Jesus had done for us.

13 All find fault in the law, we are all sinners. Even such men as Moses and David and Noah were found guilty by the law. These men the Jewish Christians still wanted to live by the law to say they did this but, Jesus came because we could not do it without Him. Christ made it available for all to come to Him and follow Him. All are unclean accept by the blood of Christ.

Back