Gal 6:14-16

Galatians 6:14-16
KJV(i)14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
NSB(i)14 Never should I boast except in the stake (symbolic: self-denial and atonement) of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is through this stake that the world has been impaled to me, and I to the world. 15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision anything, but a new creature is. 16 The Israel of God will have peace and mercy. All who walk by this rule will also.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 We should not to want to brag about ourselves, this was the main reason Jesus had a problem with the Pharisees the served to receive praise not to please God. Jesus is the One who deserves endless praise and we are to give it to Him and share Him and what He done for us to the world. The cross was something Jesus died on and stands for our salvation as believers. Jesus died so we do not have to go to hell. Jesus bears the sins of the world as He died and we as believers are to bear our sins to Him, which will be forgiven because of the cross. We are to put our flesh on the cross and live by Him. We are not to live by the world or by their standards but by God and His standards.

15 Our new life in Christ is what matters. Our faith is what matters as well and the actions of our faith because He leads. Circumcision became something done because those who had it done wanted to feel superior to those who did not. God made it to be assigning of faith, not something to boast on.

16 Peace is given when we accept God is in control and we submit to Him our life. We are given mercy by being able to do this and come to faith and He will not just destroy us but give us hope thru Christ our Savior. Israel is still the people God choose but we who have come to faith have Christ’s blood which is Jewish and by Him we are adopted as the God’s people.

Israel is still the people God choose but we who have come to faith have Christ’s blood which is Jewish and by Him we are adopted as the God’s people.
Apart from Christ's blood being more then just Jewish :), good explanations Clark (y).

Back