Gar Marriage Changes Views On Marriage

This article is so disturbing to me. Of the many disturbing things I read, it mentions gay marriage might change marriage in more ways... one being that because a high percentage of gay couples are not monogamous, they might teach others that are married that this is okay:

"Maybe instead of jealousy, non-monogamous couples will cultivate “compersion” to take pleasure in their partners’ sexual delight."

What?!?!

http://news.yahoo.com/did-christians-gay-marriage-094500388--politics.html

Basically, traditional marriage views are restrictive and holding people prisoners.

Compersion
A feeling of joy when a loved one invests in and takes pleasure from another romantic or sexual relationship.

Commentary: Compersion can be thought of as the opposite of "jealousy;" it is a positive emotional reaction to a loved one's other relationship. The term was coined by the Kerista Commune. It differs from candaulism in that compersion does not specifically refer to joy regarding the sexual activity of one's partner, but refers instead to joy at the relationship with another romantic and/or sexual partner. It is analagous to the feeling of joy a parent feels when their children marry or that best friends feel for each other when they are happy in a romantic relationship.
I feel compersion when I see my husband come home happy from spending time with his girlfriend. His happiness brings me happiness

This excites me! :). The laws of the land are making evil, right. Jesus is coming soon!

Your thread Sweat Pea = 100% proof of selfishness = satanism = devil.

I just hope there are no younger Christians who think legal = no sin. We certainly have our work cut out for us with our kids! That is what annoys me the most!

Matt 24:22 Makes me wonder if our kids were growing up in a past decade, would they have greater odds of making it to Heaven?

This excites me! :). The laws of the land are making evil, right. Jesus is coming soon!

Your thread Sweat Pea = 100% proof of selfishness = satanism = devil.

I just hope there are no younger Christians who think legal = no sin. We certainly have our work cut out for us with our kids! That is what annoys me the most!

Matt 24:22 Makes me wonder if our kids were growing up in a past decade, would they have greater odds of making it to Heaven?

It excites me, but scares me at the same time. I get excited about Jesus' return, but my husband keeps saying the world has always been evil, and at times worse than this, so it may not necessarily mean Jesus is coming soon.

I worry about my kids growing up in this evil world. I pray they are not negatively influenced by all of these evil things.

It excites me, but scares me at the same time. I get excited about Jesus' return, but my husband keeps saying the world has always been evil, and at times worse than this, so it may not necessarily mean Jesus is coming soon.

I worry about my kids growing up in this evil world. I pray they are not negatively influenced by all of these evil things.
I guess time to buckle up and hand over the wheels to Jesus :) He can only steer us and our families in this evil world..

I think world is becoming more evil.. I don't see why your husband would deny that.. yes, world has always been evil.. But we are seeing an increase now.. Day of "lawlessness" is close.. I always thought what lawlessness meant.. It first looked like there would be no social law.. But I think the correct interpretation is, social law would be completely against God's law..

Compersion
A feeling of joy when a loved one invests in and takes pleasure from another romantic or sexual relationship.

Commentary: Compersion can be thought of as the opposite of "jealousy;" it is a positive emotional reaction to a loved one's other relationship. The term was coined by the Kerista Commune. It differs from candaulism in that compersion does not specifically refer to joy regarding the sexual activity of one's partner, but refers instead to joy at the relationship with another romantic and/or sexual partner. It is analagous to the feeling of joy a parent feels when their children marry or that best friends feel for each other when they are happy in a romantic relationship.
I feel compersion when I see my husband come home happy from spending time with his girlfriend. His happiness brings me happiness

That is just a glorified way of describing voyeurism. Of course, there is no such word! The agenda afoot is well into creating a whole new vocabulary to soft sell perversion to the weak and gullible.

I guess time to buckle up and hand over the wheels to Jesus :) He can only steer us and our families in this evil world..

I think world is becoming more evil.. I don't see why your husband would deny that.. yes, world has always been evil.. But we are seeing an increase now.. Day of "lawlessness" is close.. I always thought what lawlessness meant.. It first looked like there would be no social law.. But I think the correct interpretation is, social law would be completely against God's law..

I guess he is talking about all the horrible events in the past. The holocaust would be one example.

That is just a glorified way of describing voyeurism. Of course, there is no such word! The agenda afoot is well into creating a whole new vocabulary to soft sell perversion to the weak and gullible.

I agree. How disgusting. People are going to fall for it, too.

This article is so disturbing to me. Of the many disturbing things I read, it mentions gay marriage might change marriage in more ways... one being that because a high percentage of gay couples are not monogamous, they might teach others that are married that this is okay:

"Maybe instead of jealousy, non-monogamous couples will cultivate “compersion” to take pleasure in their partners’ sexual delight."

What?!?!

http://news.yahoo.com/did-christians-gay-marriage-094500388--politics.html

Basically, traditional marriage views are restrictive and holding people prisoners.
Want to know how I know Yahoo is gay?

By no means do I think gay marriage does nothing to the vocation of marriage itself. I am not ashamed to say that I believe in the format God imbedded for humanity. That said, I think when we point the finger at gay marriage as being the end-all-be-all evil and destruction to marriage and turn a blind eye to adultery, contraception, and divorce, then we've done a great disservice.

The reason why gay marriage isn't right is because it interferes with God's layout. Not all will obey Him, and He gave man free will to go wrong, but if we are investing ourselves into pinpointing what is discarding the blueprints of God's creation of holy matrimony, then we ought to look at the big picture, not just what is the hot button issue.

By no means do I think gay marriage does nothing to the vocation of marriage itself. I am not ashamed to say that I believe in the format God imbedded for humanity. That said, I think when we point the finger at gay marriage as being the end-all-be-all evil and destruction to marriage and turn a blind eye to adultery, contraception, and divorce, then we've done a great disservice.

The reason why gay marriage isn't right is because it interferes with God's layout. Not all will obey Him, and He gave man free will to go wrong, but if we are investing ourselves into pinpointing what is discarding the blueprints of God's creation of holy matrimony, then we ought to look at the big picture, not just what is the hot button issue.

I agree, but I totally think that more is going to come out of gay marriage. No pun intended. They want to teach people adultery is okay? At least right now, most people agree it is wrong.

I agree, but I totally think that more is going to come out of gay marriage. No pun intended. They want to teach people adultery is okay? At least right now, most people agree it is wrong.

By no means am I defending gay marriage, but I'm not prepared to treat them as a one-size-fits-all group that they all, just by their sexual persuasion, are trying to teach adultery to be OK. Do some promote it? Absolutely. But I think this is an overall human problem, not a gay problem, as I've seen many, MANY heterosexuals also promote it. In fact, probably on a larger scale for a longer amount of time. I'm not saying this forgives, but it's something to look at.

I think the overall problem is how the culture has regarded marriage altogether.

Last edited:
By no means am I defending gay marriage, but I'm not prepared to treat them as a one-size-fits-all group that they all, just by their sexual persuasion, are trying to teach adultery to be OK. Do some promote it? Absolutely. But I think this is an overall human problem, not a gay problem, as I've seen many, MANY heterosexuals also promote it. In fact, probably on a larger scale for a longer amount of time. I'm not saying this forgives, but it's something to look at.

I think the overall problem is how the culture has regarded marriage altogether.

Did you read the article? Part of it was literally about gay marriage changing the traditional format of marriage and encouraging partners to fulfill their sexual desires outside of marriage, and not doing so is oppressive. I believe the author of the article is gay.

I do agree it is a huge problem that heterosexuals have, but most people are against it. This article's author was for it and even gave it a term.

He in fact is correct Sweetie.

But.......it is not that one thing is worse than another or one is taking place more now than before. It is a two fold truth.

#1.
May 14, 1948 is the KEY. It is the day that God's prophetic cloc kicked into high gear. It is the day the people of God were placed into the Land of God. That one thing then allows for all of the prophetic words of God to be fulfilled.

#2.
It is the fact that ALL the things we see, earthquakes, instability of nations, wars, deceptions, religious leaders lieing, diease and so on are happening AT THE SAME TIME!

Did you read the article? Part of it was literally about gay marriage changing the traditional format of marriage and encouraging partners to fulfill their sexual desires outside of marriage, and not doing so is oppressive. I believe the author of the article is gay.

I do agree it is a huge problem that heterosexuals have, but most people are against it. This article's author was for it and even gave it a term.

I did. And I'm not objecting it. In fact, I don't think the article went far enough -- gay marriage also disrupts the institution of family at its core -- I'm speaking in the broad sense of course. But it's not pointing anything out that's new. The problem is the institution of family has been disrupted when divorce became the norm, acceptable for any reason, and even further, contraception interrupts the sanctity of the family unit.

But even those things aside, there has already been a real problem with marriages being overlooked as just being simple coupling. I didn't grow up in the 70s, but even prior to that, the notion of swinging, key parties, etc. aren't even considered to be a trend -- they are practically the norm today. And the way it has been swayed into culture without batting an eye is scarily clever -- damned clever.

Just came across this article on Kirk Cameron

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...on-changes-his-tune-on-same-sex-marriage.html

below are excerpts from the article

Tellingly, Cameron, who has previously taken an explicit position against same-sex marriage, declined to do so in the May 2 interview. Rather, he placed the blame for society’s ills on Christians themselves. “When people get too focused on redefining marriage, you’re distracted from the bigger problem—fornicators and adulterers… If the people sitting in the pews are fornicators and adulterers, the church will destroy marriages much more quickly than those outside the church. When God’s people mock marriage, God doesn’t take that lightly.”

For him, the fault lies within. “The church determines the moral temperature of the culture,” Cameron said. “On our watch, we’ve let morality decay, the commitment to love and marriage fall apart. we’ve given in to an anti-biblical Christian worldview. We’re simply failing to do our job as the church.”

I could not agree with Kirky more!

I think sometimes it is much easier to point fingers at what others are doing wrong in order to make one feel righteous, but neglecting the hard part, which is clean up one's own backyard first.

Yes, fornication is evil. Yes, adultery is evil. No, gay marriage is NOT less evil. They all need to be dealt with. He simply dodged a bullet by changing the subject. Politics 101. Only a fool believes a politician.

Back