Garden of Gethsemane

Garden of Gethsemane

When Jesus was praying and the disciples were sleeping, who witnessed the "sweat like drops of blood", and the whole scene, since no one was awake but Jesus?

Thats always been one of my biggest questions.

Also, when the Roman officials found out Jesus was alive, after His burial, why didn't they just go and get Him again?

Those were just 2 of my questions?

First of all the Holy Spirit penned the scripture through men of His choice and He witnessed this. This bleeding is a documented medical phenomenon by the way- extreme stress can produce this physical reaction.

The Romans- well as Jesus told Pilate -
Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
There were not enough soldiers in the World to crucify Jesus Christ twice as He is Emmanuel (god with us) and He lay down His life for us willingly on that cross the first time. He Himself witnessed that He had but to cry out and 12 legions of angels would have intervened on His behalf.
Nails did not hold Jesus on that cross- His love did that for us.

When Jesus was praying and the disciples were sleeping, who witnessed the "sweat like drops of blood", and the whole scene, since no one was awake but Jesus?

Thats always been one of my biggest questions.

Also, when the Roman officials found out Jesus was alive, after His burial, why didn't they just go and get Him again?

Those were just 2 of my questions?

Hey, Elijah little buddy!:)

If we were kneeling in prayer with both of our eyes closed and someone sneaked up behind you and dumped a bucket of blue dye over your head, I wouldn't know because I'd be praying (much like the disciples were asleep).

You, being a Christian, wouldn't bother me while I'm in prayer. So I wouldn't know about the prank.

But when my prayer was over...I'd open my eyes and I'd see that you were covered in blue dye.:eek: I'd be aware of what happened, and it wouldn't take too much of my brain power (what little I could spare) to surmise that someone had dumped dye over you.

Same thing with the disciples, I think. They were sleep, and when they woke up they saw the blood coming from Jesus like drops of sweat.:)

When they found out that Jesus was no longer in his tomb, what could they do? Hunt Him down? Kill Him again?

Jesus was to be crucified. That meant death. Slow and painful for our Prince of Peace. He suffered that, He paid the price.

Much like today, when someone is sentenced to the electric chair. Once he's dead, he's dead. The officials get one shot at killing him, reasonably, so if the guy sits up on the gurny three hours later, his payment has been made. They can't kill him again, because they already killed him once before.

That's how I think of it, anyways.:)

Thanks, those are some good answers from whirlwind, and boanerges. Oh and one more thing, if you read this boanerges, I appologize for some of our conflicts on the other thread......I didn't mean any harm, I just don't always convey my feelings well.

No offense taken brother- I love you in Jesus Name.

I would like to have seen the Jewish and Roman officials try to take Jesus again. They were only able to do so the first time because Jesus permitted them to, as He had a job to do. With His job complete, I think that 12 legions of angels would have been the least of any would-be captors' problems.

They where terrified the first time they arrested Jesus.

Joh 18:5
They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said to them, I AM! And Judas who betrayed Him also stood with them.

Joh 18:6
Then as soon as He had said to them, I AM, they went backward and fell to the ground.

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.

I would like to see them try to arrest Him again; when He returns!!!:D
They will be too busy either falling down before Him or trying to hide from the King of Glory...

Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.

I would like to see them try to arrest Him again; when He returns!!!:D
They will be too busy either falling down before Him or trying to hide from the King of Glory...

AMEN!!! Someone asked me one time what I would say to Jesus when I see Him, I told them I probably wouldn't be able to get off my knees long enough, or quit crying long enough to say anything. Once I get there, it'll probably be several days (if they even have days) before I can do anything.

Back